• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • -
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    how can i get the salac berry on ruby/sapphire? i read i have to beat the battle tower about 6 times, and i've beat it more than 10 times in a row but i still havent gotten it. am i supposed to do something to get it?

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I don't know if this would be simple, but here goes. I wanted to battle my friend on Saphire, I have Ruby. We went to battle, and got to the screen that says "Please wait...press B to cancel" and it didn't leave from that screen. We went to swap trainer info, and it did the same thing. We tried the cord on our Gold and Crystal versions, and it worked on those. We even went to different Pokemon Centers. Nothing worked! Could anybody tell me whats going on? Am I supposed to do something in the game plot ore something?? X/

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Are Absol and Chimecho one-of-a-kind pokemon? because i saw them in the wild and caught more than one. However at the pokemon event i was at they were giving away rare pokemon and one was Absol and i think another was Chimecho. But are they "00bers" as I heard them called or are they available in more than one or two?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Shining Salamence said:
    Are Absol and Chimecho one-of-a-kind pokemon? because i saw them in the wild and caught more than one. However at the pokemon event i was at they were giving away rare pokemon and one was Absol and i think another was Chimecho. But are they "00bers" as I heard them called or are they available in more than one or two?
    I've got something like 20 Absol's and 3 Chimecho's, so no they're not "00bers"

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Corrosiwatt said:
    how can i get the salac berry on ruby/sapphire? i read i have to beat the battle tower about 6 times, and i've beat it more than 10 times in a row but i still havent gotten it. am i supposed to do something to get it?
    You cannot get the Salac Berry in RSE. You can only get that in the Jirachi Bonus disk, or you can buy them in the Colosseum game for 15,000 Poke bucks. You cannot get ANY berries in the Battle Tower. In Emerald, if you get all the BF Silver symbols Scott will give you a Lansat Berry and if you get all the BF Gold symbols you will receive the Starf Berry.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Milotic<3 said:
    I don't know if this would be simple, but here goes. I wanted to battle my friend on Saphire, I have Ruby. We went to battle, and got to the screen that says "Please wait...press B to cancel" and it didn't leave from that screen. We went to swap trainer info, and it did the same thing. We tried the cord on our Gold and Crystal versions, and it worked on those. We even went to different Pokemon Centers. Nothing worked! Could anybody tell me whats going on? Am I supposed to do something in the game plot ore something?? X/
    The problem is your cable. Sounds to me as though you are using the old GB/GBC cable and NOT the GBA cable. the GB/GBC cable will work with the older versions, but not the newer. You can get a GBA cable at any Wal-Mart or other retail store, or you can get a used cable at Game Stop or other game store.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    Plz Help Quick

iv just caught latios using a masterball on pokemon ruby, shall i save it? or do i need the master ball for a better pokemon?????

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Go ahead, although now that you found it, I wouldn't catch it until it was the right nature (i.e. Modest).

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    i was just wondering about chimecho because someone at GHPF said that chimecho was an 00ber.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    ABSOL and CHIMECHO are NOT uber pokemon, uber pokemon are the ones that can not breed, almost never have a gender (LATI@S's not counted), and can only be caught once in any game. The only Uber Pokemon are:

ARTICUNO
    ZAPDOS
    MOLTRES
    MEWTWO
    MEW

RAIKOU
    SUICUNE
    ENTAI
    LUGIA
    HO-OH
    CELEBI

LATIOS
    LATIAS
    REGISTEEL
    REGICE
    REGIROCK
    REQUAZA
    JIRATCHI
    DYOXES (sp?)

Hope this helps those of you who are confused, sorry if I missed any, but I think I got them all.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    BonzaiMudkip said:
    Just one question that's been hurting my head recently,were do you go to check your pokemon's happiness?

In Verdanturf Town, there's a house in the bottom left-hand corner where a woman with a Pikachu lives. Talk to her, and she'll be able to tell you. Your Pokemon's at maximum happiness when she says it can't possibly be any happier (and that she's happy just by looking at it).

At least, she was there in Ruby/Sapphire. I'm pretty sure she's still there in Emerald.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
    ABSOL and CHIMECHO are NOT uber pokemon, uber pokemon are the ones that can not breed, almost never have a gender (LATI@S's not counted), and can only be caught once in any game. The only Uber Pokemon are:

ARTICUNO (Legendary)
    ZAPDOS (Legendary)
    MOLTRES (Legendary)
    MEWTWO (Uber)
    MEW (Legendary)

RAIKOU (Legendary)
    SUICUNE (Legendary)
    ENTEI (Legendary)
    LUGIA (Uber)
    HO-OH (Uber)
    CELEBI (Legendary)

LATIOS (Legendary)
    LATIAS (Legendary)
    REGISTEEL (Legendary)
    REGICE (Legendary)
    REGIROCK (Legendary)
    Kyogre (Uber)
    Groudon (Uber)

RAYQUAZA (Uber)
    JIRACHI (Legendary)
    DEOXYS (Uber - all forms)

Hope this helps those of you who are confused, sorry if I missed any, but I think I got them all.
    You only missed two, Ray Ray's partners in crime. Also, there are two categories of Legendary Pokes. First is, of course, Legendary. That group is more powerful than regular Pokes, but can be found in the regular metagame all the time. The other group, Uber or OOber or however the hell you want to type it, have too high of stats to be used in the regular metagame, making them incredibly cheap and boring and require very little skill to use them.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Nitro said:
    wat does uber mean can anybody tell me

In pokemon, an uber is a Legendary that has higher stats than any normal legendary or regular pokemon, usually capping of their stat total at 700 and above. These include:

- Groudon
    - Kyogre
    - Latias
    - Latios
    - Rayquaza
    - Lugia
    - Ho-Oh
    - Mewtwo
    - Any Deoxys form

Slaking, I beleive falls into the high stat total issue, but is not uber, apparently because of its Truant ability. Mew is also considered an uber because of its massive movepool due to its ability to learn any TM and move from move Tutors, making it highly unpredictable. Wobbuffet for some odd reason is considered an uber, but I dont feel like starting that argument again >_>. Celebi and Jirachi are NOT uber, in spite of what people maybe beleive.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Apion said:
    But I can't find it anywhere!
    Check your Pokedex and see if you've caught a Raichu, if you haven't then you must've forgot to save.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back