• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ok but Meditite doesn't appear in Emerald so is it on Ruby or Sapphire??

The Masterball thing is kinda annoying I reckon. I just trade Master Balls from one game to another and use timer balls on legendaries

!!**Alex**!!

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Ok but Meditite doesn't appear in Emerald so is it on Ruby or Sapphire??

The Masterball thing is kinda annoying I reckon. I just trade Master Balls from one game to another and use timer balls on legendaries

!!**Alex**!!

Yes, Meditate can be found in Ruby and Sapphire

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Hey everyone!

Just wondering, with Emerald, is there a way to retrieve a loss of data? I turned on my GBA today, and it said my game save was deleted due to corruption! I had just got to the Battle Frontier too! Can anyone help me get it back, or is it lost forever?..Sniff..

:t131:Micklo

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    is it happen after defeating wallace? As i know except you save it in external storage it is loss forever. But try turn off and on multiple times (no guarantee)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hey everyone!

Just wondering, with Emerald, is there a way to retrieve a loss of data? I turned on my GBA today, and it said my game save was deleted due to corruption! I had just got to the Battle Frontier too! Can anyone help me get it back, or is it lost forever?..Sniff..

I'm pretty sure there is no way of retrieving your save file unfortunately...it depends on what type of message was sent I think.

I have a question: How many days do berries last for after they have grown? Because I planted some and it had sprouted but then I forgot to turn my game on for a few days and all the berries I planted were gone.
    Oh yea and no one has answered my other question yet:
    !!**Alex**!! said:
    Secondly how many times do you have to beat each place in the BF for the FB to appear and battle you? And how do you get the gold badges instead of silver?
    !!**Alex**!! :chu:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Hey everyone!

Well, if you used a cheating device, which this error is usually associated with, then all I will say is that is what you get for cheating. If this was a used game that you got from someone else, that is unfortunate since all your hard work is gone because that person corrupted your game for you. In either case, your data cannot be recovered. You will either have to restart and hope that it won't happen again, or buy a new cart and don't cheat (if you did). I REALLY hope that DP has similar internal issues that will corrupt files when GF/AR is detected. That is the best way to counter cheating.

I have a question: How many days do berries last for after they have grown? Because I planted some and it had sprouted but then I forgot to turn my game on for a few days and all the berries I planted were gone.
    Oh yea and no one has answered my other question yet:
    Berries only last for a full cycle and then they will fall on the ground and grow again. Don't make the mistake of planting another berry. Give it some time and it will seed again.

As for your other question, I asked you for more specific information since I don't have time to provide you ALL the info on the BF. I still don't so I will just give you brief info.

Battle Pike: After 28 consecutive battles or room completions, you will battle Lucy for the Silver Badge. After 140 room completions, you will battle her for the Gold Badge.

Battle Dome: After 5 consecutive 1-on-1 tournament wins (19 battles), you will battle Tucker for the Silver Badge. After 10 consecutive 1-on-1 tourney wins, you battle her for the Gold Badge.

Battle Factory: After 21 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you will battle Greta for the Silver Badge. After 42 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you battle him for the Gold Badge.

Battle Arena: After 27 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you will battle Noland for the Silver Badge. After 56 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you battle her for the Gold Badge.

Battle Palace: After 21 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you will battle Spenser for the Silver Badge. After 42 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you battle him for the Gold Badge.

Battle Pyramid: After completing 21 floors, you will battle Brandon for the Silver Badge. After completing 70 floors, you battle him for the Gold Badge.

Battle Tower: After 35 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you will battle Anabel for the Silver Badge. After 70 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you battle her for the Gold Badge.

Battle Factory: After 21 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you will battle Noland for the Silver Badge. After 42 consecutive 1-on-1 wins, you battle him for the Gold Badge.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Quick Questions;

Is it possible to train for IV's or is just a case of catching a pokemon then hoping you get lucky?

How do we know how rare a pokemon is for a certain route in game? Just someone fighting say 1000 times and checking the numbers?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, you cannot train for IVs. IVs are set the moment you catch/hatch a Poke. That said, you certainly can breed for good IVs, especially in Emerald. Whenever you breed, three of the six IVs between the two parents are passed on to the baby. While the three are random, with patience the end result could be three perfect stats. In RS and FRLG, two stats come from one parent and one come from the other. The problem is that both parents can pass down the same IV stat. That isn't so in Emerald. You get three separate IV stats given to the baby. In Emerald, the IVs are not set until pick up the egg from the DC dude. That means you can save before taking it, hatch it and check the IVs first to see if want to keep it. If the IVs are not acceptable, just reset and repeat. The cost will eventually be 15 Rare Candies, but that is what Pickup teams are for.

As for rare Pokes on routes, you don't have to fight 1000 times to get a good estimate. I have only battled 100 times to get my percentages. You should even be able to tell what Pokes will be rare after 20 battles, if you know what Pokes should be on that route before-hand.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Im frustrated. This is the fourth time I`ve completed my emerald and the game cartridge said "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". I`m so angry, and the last time I had a decent lvl 65 swampert which owned everything...

Is there a way to prevent the file to erase itself again? If not do you think I should just try to avoid beating wallace?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    There is no way to fix a corrupted cart. If you cheated on your cart using AR/GS then that is the risk you take. If you bought this cart used and someone else used it for cheating, well then that is also the risk you take. You either need to avoid battling the E4 or you need to buy a new cart and keep any cheating off of it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I bought it new from a game store. My have been amaged during transportation or something, i dunno. I guess ill just ignore the E4 :(

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Some stores allow you to exchange the same title if there is something wrong with it. The worst they could say is no.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    There is no way to fix a corrupted cart. If you cheated on your cart using AR/GS then that is the risk you take. If you bought this cart used and someone else used it for cheating, well then that is also the risk you take. You either need to avoid battling the E4 or you need to buy a new cart and keep any cheating off of it.

is that also still happen even after you delete the game manually using ^ + b+ select?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    What is a "Bulky Water" type pokemon, i see this term used a lot.

Thanks In Advance

I'm pretty sure that "bulky water type Pokemon" means a Pokemon that has a really high attack and defence, like Blastoise. At least that's what I think bulky water type pokemon mean..... correct me someone if im wrong!

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    battle with it;
    equip it with soothe bell;
    give it potions and berries;
    what else.....

anyways, i find the soothe bell method works best. just ride around...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back