• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    1. It would depend on the store, but a preowned copy is $30 at Gamestop.

2. Yes, you can trade between all of the 3rd generation games (R/S/E/FR/LG/Colosseum/XD). However, you can't trade any non-Kanto Pokemon or Eggs from R/S to FR/LG until you have beaten the Elite Four in FR/LG, and obtained the National Dex.

3. You can't trade from any of the Gameboy or Gameboy Color games to the 3rd gen ones, sorry, but all Pokemon from G/S/C are obtainable between all of the 3rd gen games (except for the certain legendaries that require events).

4. Definitely, they're the only way to get the Kanto Pokemon and a bunch of the Johto Pokemon into your R/S games.

EDIT: Man, I was WAY beaten on that one! ;_;

I wouldn't suggest gameshark because there's always a chance that you can mess your game up, especially if you're new to using it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, it is there. Before you get yelled at for spamming and double-posting, you should delete those previous posts. And as jess said so well, DO NOT Gameshark. Too risky. Not only do you run the risk of corrupting your game, but you also run the risk of losing respect too. If you MUST have those hard-to-get Pokes, you can find it on eBay.

ak.47_gunner

Suffer The Consequences
    Years
  • Oh, sorry I did not see that part of her Reply, sorry guys :P... I believe I know how to use the Gameshark correctly, I mean it comes with instructions and what not, but also... cheaper than getting FR/LG... so I don't know that is a pretty tough decision.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    *waves to the people* Okay, moving on with this...

#1- Is there any way to catch an eevee in emerald without trading or a cheat?
    #2- Were can you get the elemental stones in emerald?
    *Bows*

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    chichimi said:
    *waves to the people* Okay, moving on with this...

You cannot get Eevee in Emerald except for the aforementioned ways. Friends don't let friends cheat.

* You can get a Leaf Stone after you cross the bridge to right of the Weather Institute. Go down the stairs and you should find it there.

* A sailor will give you a Sun Stone in front of the Space Center in Mossdeep.

* A Water Stone can be found in the Abandoned Ship on Route 107.

* In New Mauville you can find a Thunderstone.

That is it for the elemental stones in Emerald. That said, you can also find shards here and there, typically in clear spots on the seafloor when you use Dive. They can be exchanged to the Shard Collector who lives in a house on Route 124, northwest of Mossdeep.

*Bows*
    twenty---------------five

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Darnit... This means I'll have to start my game over again.
    Oh well.
    And, refering to the eevee question; My friend has FireRed. Could he trade me an the eevee he has? Or can you not get an Eevee in FR and LG either?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    yea you can get an eevee from fr / lg in celadon mansion, but you gotta get ruby / sapphire plates before being able to trade (in frlg), and you also have to get the national dex from birch (emerald)

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I know, but my friend maybe doesn't have them yet, so I wanna be able to tell them what they are...I dunno.. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about..Plates..plates...what are plates?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    chichimi said:
    Ruby and Saphire Plates? What are those...? *Feels stupid now*
    Actually they are two gems that are required to repair the Network Machine on One Island in FireRed/LeafGreen that allows you to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The Ruby gem can be found deep in Mt. Ember on One Island. The Sapphire gem is a pain in the *** to get, but you finally end up getting it in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island.

BTW - There are two easier ways to get Eevee to Emerald. First is to trade one from FRLG to RS, and then RS to Emerald. You can trade from RS to Emerald from the very beginning of Emerald. A more interesting way involves Pokemon Colosseum. Even though regularly on Emerald you cannot trade Pokemon that are not in your Hoenn Pokedex until you defeat the E4, you can trade ANY Poke from Colosseum (as long as you have finished Story mode) to Emerald without any problem. Yes, that means directly trading Espeon and Umbreon so you can make Eevee babies to your hearts content.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I was researching that. Isn't the same for XD? I have a birthday someing up and I'm asking for that game, so.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Cannot say for sure about XD since I do not have it. It would makes sense to me though that it might not. Colosseum was made around the same time as RS, which also doesn't have a Pokedex limitation. XD is the most recent game, so logic would seem that it would follow the same guidelines as FRLG and Emerald. Again, a BIG assumption on my part. I know Colosseum works, but I don't know if XD does. Not sure if that would be the reason I would buy XD though. It is superior to Colosseum in so many ways.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    I believe that Colosseum's being able to send Pokemon to FR/LG/E without the latter games having a National Dex was a mistake on Nintendo's part. They fixed it in XD, as far as I'm aware.

Also, just for the record, you can't trade any non-Hoenn Pokemon from R/S to Emerald until Emerald has the National Dex. THAT one I know for sure. :D

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    trjessie579 said:
    Also, just for the record, you can't trade any non-Hoenn Pokemon from R/S to Emerald until Emerald has the National Dex. THAT one I know for sure. :D
    You are so right on that one. My bad. That leaves Colosseum as your lone option, as XD won't allow you too either.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • chichimi said:
    *Bows*
    #1- you sayd that you dont want it by a trade or cheat...so... i dont know about you but i like all my pokemon with my ID's number, if that is your case, why dont you do an egg and then trade it to your emerald or i dont know what version you got, whhen it hhatches it will have your ID number...
    #2- as shane sayd, you may find some scales diving on te routes near to mossdeep and trade tem with a guy....but i would like to ask how to get more moon stones?
    WHAT MEANS *BOWS*?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You cannot get any more Moon Stones than the lone single one you find in Emerald. What you need to do is have a FRLG version and start that one over a few times after you collect the stones there. I believe you can get 5 of them in FRLG.

BTW - Not sure how I can explain "bows". In some cultures, bowing is a sign of respect. In the martial arts, two opponents will bow before they spar. In theatre, actors/actresses with bow after their performances. Back in the day, a man would bow in front of a woman he was being introduced to, although nowadays it is more acceptable to shake hands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back