• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
  • You may not know it but you have it SO easy in Ruby... Tate & Liza gave me such a pain in Emerald... See, they have two MORE Pokemon. They lead out with Xatu and Claydol, and Claydol will use Earthquake which is ineffective against Xatu, so it's a good combo. What I had to do was raise my Swampert to Lv. 52 - 53, and raise my Alakazam to Lv. 48 or something like that. It knows Shock Wave, which was good against the Xatu to help finish it off when Swampert used Surf. I had a Magneton, but Claydol killed it. So I didn't even use it. After the training, I easily Swamperted them with Surf. :)

Anyway, in YOUR case... I would use a similar strategy. Use a high-level water-Pokemon with Double-Hitting Super-Effective SURF. Just beware of Solrock's Solarbeam. Sometimes it uses Sunny Day which makes the 'Beam an immiediate attack, and cuts Water's power. So get rid of the Sunstone ASAP. It should be easy if you double team on it with Blaziken and the Water Pokemon. Blaziken, at it's level, should get the Solrock's HP to half, or almost. Since Psychic is ineffective and Rock is supereffective, it counts as a normal attack. With Blaze's high attack, it should do just a bit more. Hopefully your Water Pokemon's SURF can finish it off. I dunno about the Lunatone -- It took only one hit with SURF and it was gone.
    If you don't want that route, use strategies suggested by the other people. The reason they didn't suggest mine was because of the Solarbeam Stickywicket.
    -DDD

Aceback

Shadow
    Years
  • Three Questions

1:Where do u get the TM Secret Power?(the one that lets u make secret bases)
    2:how do u mix records between F/R L/G?
    3:where do u find vibrava and bagon?

Thanx

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    (RSE, right?)

1. Just outside of the sandstorm on the way to Fallarbor Town, there's a guy standing right next to a tree. Talk to him and he'll gove you TM43 (Secret Power).

2. Connect them wirelessly or with a cable, go to the Direct Corner, and it should be one of the options.

3. You can't find Vibrava in the wild. Trapinch (its unevolved form) is in the above-mentioned sandstorm. As for Bagon,...I think it was in Meteor Falls or something...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    _Rayquaza_Addict_ said:
    Am I able to get G/S/C starting pokemon in Emerald? I see them all the time in Battle Frontier.
    You get one if you get all 200 Hoenn Pokemon I think.

k.webb

noob
    Years
  • this is kinda a stupid question but why didnt they put lunatone in emerald? i have ruby and emerald and i seriously need a lunatone

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • To annoy you.

Really though, I assume that more people preffered Solrock (or something like that), so they chose to put it in instead of Lunatone. Maybe it's the similar with Seviper and Sableye. I'm playing through a Sapphire game just to get a Lunatone.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    #1 Latias said:
    Yeah, complete the Hoenn-dex. But I'm wondering, does that include Jirachi and Deoxys?
    No, Jirachi and Deoxys are not counted in the Hoenn Pokedex in order to choose a GSC starter from Prof. Birch. What a lame prize for completing your Pokedex too, btw.

Aceback

Shadow
    Years
  • Record mix with other versions

I have the VBA emulator (visualboyadv) and i dont know how mix records.How do u do that?

Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Which fossil is better in your opinion, Root (Lileep) or Claw (Anorith)?

and do you think I should evolve Nincada into Shedinja, or Ninjask?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Anorith is my choice, cos Armaldo has such cool moves like Knock Off.

BTW, you can get both Ninjask and Shedinja. Just leave room in your party (carry 5 or less around with you when you level up Nincada, the extra space will create a Shedinja when it evolves.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Me in response to Aceback's earlier question about mixing records said:
    2. Connect them wirelessly or with a cable, go to the Direct Corner, and it should be one of the options.

...I apologize, Aceback; I tried this recently but I couldn't get it to work. So now I'm wondering, too: how in the world do you mix records between FR/LG and (R/S/)E??

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Okay, I'm in the Battle Frontier, on Emerald, and I have encountered a lady saying something about a 'wiggling tree' I was wondering if this tree has any significance, and if so, what do you have to do to it?
    Thanks So Much!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Wiggling tree is always a u guessed it if u played gold/silver/crystal - the riddle is
    what is like a tree?
    but with round hands that r green but hard as a rock?
    And wiggles all around maked cha-cha-cha noises???

Answer: Sudowoodo the cha-cha pokemon

Mainly u can catch this and only exclusive in the emerald out of ruby/sapphire/emerald instead of trading which if u have it at lvl 100 already and u miss to learn the moves at that lvl...so devastated

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I just beat the Elite 4 in my Sapphire version, and I still can't trade with my Fire Red with the link cable even though I repaired the System Machine on FR??

Do I have to get a national Pokedex in Sapphire too? if so how many Pokemon do I have to catch to get it?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, there is no National Pokedex stipulation in RS. The reason you cannot trade most likely is due to an incorrect link cable. The old GB/GBC cable WILL NOT work. It must be a GBA link cable. Unfortunately I cannot properly identify the differences to you. I had the same problem and had to go to my local Game Stop and ask for one. I suggest that you do the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back