• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Alright, thanks to all that pitched in explaining, but shanecdavis rules xD

Um, so what exactly do you mean by "wait" for the MB to come?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    wait means to wait for berry master to have a tv show on one of the houses in emerald

I wouldnt call it a tv show.

Just watch the TV when its on, and check to see if there's a programme on the Master Blender's arrival. On the day, go to the Lilycove Contest Hall and he'll be there all day to blend high quality Pokeblocks with you.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Alright, thanks to all that pitched in explaining, but shanecdavis rules xD

Um, so what exactly do you mean by "wait" for the MB to come?
    Okay, every time you defeat the Weak Five, and you come across a television anywhere in the Hoenn Region, there will be what is called Pokemon News. Now most of it is lame and incredibly boring, but on occasion there are a few VERY important events that you will be told about. You are usually given a few days notice in advance to prepare for them. Here they are:

* You will learn that the Energy Guru is selling his precious vitamins for HALF PRICE!! That is right, my friend. It is a two-for-the-price-of-one sale on all things that increase your Poke's EVs. Protiens, Irons, Calciums. You name it, he got it. For the lowest price of $4900. So, when you get this notice, get your butt to Resort Gorgeous (above Five Island) and max out your cash battling with the Vs. Seeker.

* The Lilycove Department Store will be having a clearout sale on all of their rare Secret Base items. This is also the ONLY place you can purchase the solid boards to cover up the holes in your SB so you can take advantage of the entire space. There are also a bunch of other pretty sweet rare items to get there too. Don't miss out on this. Take at least $60000 with you and purchase till your hearts content.

* The Game Corner in Mauville advertises that you will be able to win easier on a particular day. Frankly I think they should be arrested for false-advertising since I have never seen any increase in the probability of winning. It is just much easier to earn cash and then purchase coins outright, thanks to the Vs. Seeker.

* You will be notified that the Master Blender will be making his way to the Lilycove Contest Hall. As I said before, this little guy makes PERFECT PokeBlocks. As long as you don't suck, they will be the best you can get. Plus, all that is required of you is to pitch in the lower end berries while he will gladly supply the higher end. Which would you rather grow a lot of - a Chesto Berry that takes 12 hours or a Pamtre Berry that takes THREE DAYS? Easy choice.

* On occasion, it will be reported about rare outbreaks of Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Skitty, on their respective routes. Plus, if you mix records with Ruby/Sapphire, you will also have outbreaks of Surskit, that aren't normally found in Emerald.

hey i called it a tv show didnt I?
    anyways do you guys know the codes to get exclusive berries from the berry masters wife?
    Here you go:

Spelon Berry
    - GREAT BATTLE. Both words are in the list by default. This berry increases Cool and Beauty.

Pamtre Berry - CHALLENGE CONTEST. The word CHALLENGE is default. In order to get CONTEST added to the list, you need to beat the "Elite" Four. This berry increases Beauty and Smart. This is also the best berry for evolving Feebas (if you don't use the Master Blender).

Watmel Berry - OVERWHELMING LATIAS. OVERWHELMING is default. To get LATIAS, you have to encounter it. This Berry increases Smart and Cute.

Durin Berry
    - COOL LATIOS. COOL is default. To get LATIOS, you have to encounter it. This berry increases Cute and Tough.

Belue Berry - SUPER HUSTLE. HUSTLE is default. Like CONTEST, you get HUSTLE by defeating the "Elite" Four. This berry increases Tough and Cool.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    most likely not

Serebii also mentions that it can't happen with other groupings but didnt list them as there would be too many

I think what they mean is a US GBA can only trade to a US DS, however once there you can trade it across to another DS

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    1. You COULD teach metagross explosion. Go to Pacifilidog town pokemon center and talk to a man which look like guitarist/bird keeper sprite. Beware that it can only learn once.

2. I forgot where to find lum berry, but maybe in FR/LG.....

Persona

Banned
    Years
    2:where do you get the lum berry?

It's located close to Pacifidlog town. The man in the southeast cabin is looking for Mirage Island. If he tells you he can see it, then quickly head East again and you'll find the island, where the lum berry is. However, it'll take some luck, because the island won't always appear for the whole time.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    It's located close to Pacifidlog town. The man in the southeast cabin is looking for Mirage Island. If he tells you he can see it, then quickly head East again and you'll find the island, where the lum berry is. However, it'll take some luck, because the island won't always appear for the whole time.

actually the one you can find at mirage island is not a lum berry its a exclusive berry that i have forgotten the name, im pretty sure the berry masters wife have it after saying googleplex words or just writing any stuff there

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    most likely not

Serebii also mentions that it can't happen with other groupings but didnt list them as there would be too many

I think what they mean is a US GBA can only trade to a US DS, however once there you can trade it across to another DS

Yeah if you didn't understand. I meant can you trade Pokemon from Pokemon Smaragd (German Emerald) to Pokemon Diamond? I now that you couldn't trade Pokemon from Pokemon Ruby JAP to Pokemon Ruby ENG or to all the other European versions.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    got another couple of questions.

1: how do you teach metagross explosion

2:where do you get the lum berry?
    Metagross CAN learn Explosion (it is one of its best moves) and C&C covered how to do it rather well.

As for the Lum Berry, if you talk to the Gentlemen that is to the east of the Move Deleter's house in Lilycove, he will randomly give you a berry every day, one of them being the Lum.

You have the same chance of getting the Lum by talking with the Berry Master's wife on Route 123. Just tell her a random word and she will give you a random berry from the first 10 (including Lum).

So, every day you have two people you can talk to in order to get a Lum Berry. Afterwards, plant it, and water it every 12 hours to get more.

Yeah if you didn't understand. I meant can you trade Pokemon from Pokemon Smaragd (German Emerald) to Pokemon Diamond? I now that you couldn't trade Pokemon from Pokemon Ruby JAP to Pokemon Ruby ENG or to all the other European versions.
    You would have better success asking such questions in the DP section.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    How do I create Pokeblocks?

You first need to collect Berries. Once you have a variety of them, head to the Contest Hall in Lilycove City. It depends on the version you have, if it's not Emerald, then you'll find other Contest Halls in different cities/towns. Inside the Contest Hall, you'll find Berry blenders. You can either choose to blend Berries with groups of people, or one person. You can even try it with linked players. Once you're ready, choose a type of Berry to drop into the blender, and the type of Pokéblocks (spicy, sweet, sour, etc.) will vary on the type of Berry you choose to blend, so experiment with a variety of them. The main idea is to hit the arrow with the A button whenever the dial lines are rotating up with the pointer. It will eventually move faster as it progresses. The more exact, the better your Pokéblock's outcome will be.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    how do i get a notional pokedex in sapphire, besides trading with fire red or green grass

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back