• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well bytes are loaded by "ldrb r(X), YYY"
    If you want a half-word, do "ldrh r(X), YYY"
    But you'd need to move the location of the bytes around as to not corrupt what follows

Okay, so the ASM at around that part is:
    Code:
    Loc: 0x80791EE

2006    mov R0, #0x06
    2100    mov R1, #0x00
    F7F8    bl $08071DF0
    7B20    ldrb R0, [R4, #0xC]

So, could I just like, branch this to a different location, make it Mov R0, #0x196 (rayquaza's number) and then
    LDRH R0 [R4, #0xC] and then branch back? Sorry, ASM is a bit hard to understand

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Okay, so the ASM at around that part is:
    Code:
    Loc: 0x80791EE

2006    mov R0, #0x06
    2100    mov R1, #0x00
    F7F8    bl $08071DF0
    7B20    ldrb R0, [R4, #0xC]

So, could I just like, branch this to a different location, make it Mov R0, #0x196 (rayquaza's number) and then
    LDRH R0 [R4, #0xC] and then branch back? Sorry, ASM is a bit hard to understand

Yes, you'd do just that. Make a backup before you do it just in case it goes wrong (which it shouldn't if you do it correctly)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, you'd do just that. Make a backup before you do it just in case it goes wrong (which it shouldn't if you do it correctly)

Sorry for so many questions, but here is the ASM I made:

Code:
    .text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global newtitlecry
    main:
     mov r0, #0x196
     mov r1, #0x0
     b location
     ldrh r0, [r4, #0xc]
     b original
    .align
    original: .word 0x080791f8

So, I try to compile it, but I keep getting errors from thumb. Like error 7, 406 out of range or something.
    I can't really tell what's wrong. Again, sorry for so many questions.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Sorry for so many questions, but here is the ASM I made:

Code:
    .text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global newtitlecry
    main:
     mov r0, #0x196
     mov r1, #0x0
     b location
     ldrh r0, [r4, #0xc]
     b original
    .align
    original: .word 0x080791f8
    So, I try to compile it, but I keep getting errors from thumb. Like error 7, 406 out of range or something.
    I can't really tell what's wrong. Again, sorry for so many questions.

Well 0x196 is larger than 0xff, so it can't move it into the register. You're gonna have to do "ldr r0, value" and put at the bottom "value: .hword 0x0196".
    Also, your align towards the bottom must be align 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • anyone know how to make it to where only water tiles have clouds in them when the weather effect is sunny weather with clouds in water? cus right now some trees have clouds in them and stuff

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Alright I need a bit of help, It would seem I've encountered a random game-breaking bug.
    This has happened to me once before, after playing with my palette in block editor to be in fact.
    Well this time I encountered it after Adding in and testing my new players OW.

It begins to work just perfect no flaws whatsoever!
    Spoiler:

But then I walk out into palette town and:
    Spoiler:

I just don't understand what is causing palette town to look this way.. Its a new rom and everything.
    Here is proof there is nothing wrong with it in Advanced-Map
    Spoiler:

Has anyone experienced this or have any possible fixes, thanks in advanced.​

I would check your warps.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Is it safe to edit some text in Advance text as long as i don't need to repoint? I read that A-text doesn't have this repointing feature.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Is it safe to edit some text in Advance text as long as i don't need to repoint? I read that A-text doesn't have this repointing feature.

It does have a repointing feature, but it's bugged. You can make the text in it as long as it's the same length, or you can repoint using XSE

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    So I've been looking into the ruins valley in fire red and the regi caves in emerald. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seem to be flags (0x2E3 for fire red) that the game sets, which is checked by a level script. If the flag is set, a setmaptile command will be used, which will open the door. My question though, is how are these flags set? I can't find a script that actually sets the flag. In the case of Fire red, the flag is obviously set when you use cut, but how does the game determine if you use cut or not? The ruins valley door seems to be a different case from cut trees. Is this handled by ASM?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • So I've been looking into the ruins valley in fire red and the regi caves in emerald. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seem to be flags (0x2E3 for fire red) that the game sets, which is checked by a level script. If the flag is set, a setmaptile command will be used, which will open the door. My question though, is how are these flags set? I can't find a script that actually sets the flag. In the case of Fire red, the flag is obviously set when you use cut, but how does the game determine if you use cut or not? The ruins valley door seems to be a different case from cut trees. Is this handled by ASM?

It probably is, since flags for cut and strength and stuff are handled straight from the game engine

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    It probably is, since flags for cut and strength and stuff are handled straight from the game engine
    Well that's a bummer. I was hoping to avoid using ASM, because I'm still confused with ASM and breakpoints, even with knizz's tutorial and everything.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me how to add more evolutions to eevee? Emerald seems to not let me add anymore then whats there. And i have no clue on how to add the new stones. I know how to add items but with no uses for them.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Can anyone tell me how to add more evolutions to eevee? Emerald seems to not let me add anymore then whats there. And i have no clue on how to add the new stones. I know how to add items but with no uses for them.

The max evolution slots available by default are 5. You'd need to extend the routine to allow for 8 (or what you want)
    There's a tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years

karatekid's GEN III suite ... though it's not ready for emerald yet

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Alright thanks! But that tutorial doesnt say how to add more evolutions just how to add stones.(which is still really helpful!!!!)

You'll need asm knowledge to get past the evolutions, and there's no tut on it sry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back