• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2015
    Most FireRed instruments tend to have them set at 255/2xx/0/1xx (or 2xx, Release varies a bit with these instruments).

I think you mean 255/0/2xx/1xx? It'd be unusual for most instruments to not have any sustain.

As for me, I have a question, too: with regard to ripping MIDIs from DS games, I have been trying to rip a song from another game for ages and I'm having a lot of trouble with it because of the structure of the song. It has 2 parts, and repeats the 1st part twice before playing the 2nd part once and then looping to the beginning. However, when ripping MIDIs they never seem to be able to rip the 2nd part. I suspect this is due to issues with jump/call commands or something like that but I still have no idea how to get that second part. Does anyone know if it's at all possible to get it? The game in question is Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, though, so not really Pokemon (but the same principles apply, don't they?)

Edit: Never mind! Managed to hex-edit the weird conditional loop out manually.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Hey!
    I'm new on Pokecommunity and in the Pokemon GBA hack world.
    I want to copy all tilesets from Pokemon Light Platinum (because they are very nice) to my own GBA rom.
    But I don't know how to do this... :(
    Someone who can help????
    Greeze,
    Jorn

EDIT: I'm using Advance Map

Last edited:

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Hey!
    I want to copy all tilesets from Pokemon Light Platinum (because they are very nice) to my own GBA rom.
    Someone who can help????
    Greeze,
    Jorn

I.... wouldn't. Although it's not possible to copyright romhacks, it'd be a bad move, and would affect the reception of your hack.

HOWEVER,
    Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I.... wouldn't. Although it's not possible to copyright romhacks, it'd be a bad move, and would affect the reception of your hack.

HOWEVER,
    Spoiler:

All you have to do is go in the block editor in amap 1.92 and export all of the tilesets. Then import them and their pals in your ROM. WesleyFG gave permission in the Summer to everyone to use his tiles WITH CREDIT.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hey!
    Someone who can help????
    Greeze,
    Jorn

That is STEALING if you don't have WesleyFG's permission.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • He gave permission the past Summer to all to use his tiles if credit is given.

I was unaware of this.

Okay, then you will need to get familiar with the block editor in A-Map. Once you and it are friends, then you can save each tileset and blockset and then import them. It really isn't that hard once you get used to the set-up. You will also need to use the palette editor in there to get the right palettes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I have been trying to insert Blaziken ICONs into my ROM for he past 45 minutes. I recolored it, saved it, tried to insert it, and the colors get minorly distorted. So I have been trying to edit the palettes, and nothing has been working. The background color is nowhere else in the palette if that helps? I got the Blaziken ICONs off of the ROM itself from exporting via Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor. I have successfully inserted Combusken, and Torchic recolors. Somebody please help!

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    What size is the default FR Region map?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    i have a question.. yea..
    how do i add new pokemon?

now.. before you go start linking me or telling me how to replace another pokemon or the ...things... after celebi.. no.. i want to know how to add a completely new pokemon its own new pokedex entry its all new everything..

Years
  • Can anyone please tell me why this was happened and the solution to fix it? After I changed the tiles of my Emerald rom, there was a route tile bug in Route 111 but there is no bug in other place. There were some gap in the corner of the route. The bug can only seen inside the game, it is perfectly when looking in the A-map 1.92. Whatever I did for it included replaced the whole map by using A-map 1.92, the bug still there.

The image which captured by the VBA emulator:
    The part of Route tile in Route 111:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71153&stc=1&d=1393682550

The part of Route tile in Petalburg city:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71155&stc=1&d=1393682550

The image of the part of Route 111 which seen in the A-map 1.92:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71154&stc=1&d=1393682550

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • i have a question.. yea..
    how do i add new pokemon?

now.. before you go start linking me or telling me how to replace another pokemon or the ...things... after celebi.. no.. i want to know how to add a completely new pokemon its own new pokedex entry its all new everything..

If you're good at hacking then https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8121145#post8121145
    If you're a noob and don't know much at all then either wait or use gen 3 hacking suite.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Is it possible to decompile scripts in Jambo51's Battle Script Pro? I'm trying to edit Knock Out to match Gen 6's Knock Out, but I can't decompile Knock Out's script for some reason.

Yes it does decompile. Maybe you should give the error you get?

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
  • Whenever I add a second trainer to my firered rom in ROUTE 1, It becomes the first trainer I added instead of the second one I added. When I battle the second trainer I added first before I battle the first trainer I added, it becomes the first trainer. If I defeat him and go to the orginal first trainer, that one appears to be beaten as well and they say the same thing. The script I added for both of them is completely different and there's nothing wrong with it Their trainer ids are completely different as well as the text they should be saying. If I delete the first trainer, The second trainer works perfectly like I want him to. But I cannot add more than one script to the whole map of route 1, because they all seem to take over the first script, whatever I do. Any way to fix this?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Whenever I add a second trainer to my firered rom in ROUTE 1, It becomes the first trainer I added instead of the second one I added. When I battle him first before I battle the first trainer I added becomes the first trainer. If I defeat him and go to the orginal first trainer, that one appears to be beaten as well and they say the same thing. The script I added for both of them is completely different and there's nothing wrong with it. If I delete the first trainer, The second trainer works perfectly like I want him to. But I cannot add more than one script to the whole map of route 1, because they all take over the first script, whatever I do. Any way to fix this?

Make sure their person events are different, meaning if they're both 4 or something they'll share scripts.

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
  • Make sure their person events are different, meaning if they're both 4 or something they'll share scripts.

You are absolutely right. Stupid me forgot to give them a unique event number. They all take over the same number apparently. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well it's been a couple days and I never got an answer, so I'll ask again.
    On US Ruby, is it possible to change which palette is called by behavior byte 06 (the sand you can find wild Pokemon in in the desert) without changing it for behavior 21 (used for normal sand and beaches)? I'd imagine I would just have to find the pointer within 06'a routine and change it to point to a different or new palette, but the internet bill didn't get paid on time and I'm in my phone, so research is really difficult.

Also, how might I go about making it hail in battle when it's snowing on the map (using the falling ash weather from Route 113)? Liquid Crystal did this but I have no idea where to start. I haven't done a lot of research on weather.

And I am interested in learning how to do this stuff on my own so I don't have to ask in the future.

I was able to figure out how to split up the footprints (it was pretty simple since the deep sand and beach sand used different tiles. Just recolored one set.) but both block types use the same tiles for the bike trail. I've tried tracing pointers back to a relevant routine that would handle calling the tiles/palette, but I haven't been able to make any headway. I'd have to change the routine for either block to either call a different set of tiles, or a different palette, but I can't find the right routine.

No progress on the weather issue either...

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
  • I'm looking for the pokemon party icon sprites of generation 4. I can't find them anywhere. Well, I find sprites, but I need them in format 32x64 or 64x32 to add them in Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor. I've found all the sprites from generation 5 in a rar file. Does anyone know where i can get another file like this with the generation 4 party icons?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back