• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    So I just started trying to make my own Fire Red Hack.

I started off doing some simple things, I really dont know what I am doing haha
    Downloaded Advance Map, PKSV-UI, and YAPE so far. Used map editor to put all pokemon in map to make them obtainable, as well as using yape to change some evolutions so non trade evolutions, etc.

So here I have pokemon like sentret popping up right outside pallet town, thought I was all set, but turns out, I need national dex, pretty sure I need to make someone give that to me.
    I have found a few copy/pastes to put in to make npc's give me the national dex, but nothing works.

My process so far:
    Advance Map > Pallet Town > Increase Number of Person Events by 1
    Move new person down into map
    change script offset so I can OPEN SCRIPT

No matter what I put in for script here, nothing happens. To be safe, since I have no idea what any of it means, I use script generator

Generator > person talking > leave sample text in (Hi, Im a cow...) > leave as msg type normal > I get the following

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @text ' Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    release
    end

#org @text
    = Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.

Compile >
    #ORG: data
    -> @start <-> 0x7402C8 (0xC bytes)
    -> @text <-> 0x7402D4 (0x14 bytes)

Copy Paste 7402C8 into Advance Map script offset
    Looks like: $7402C874

Click Open Script again, pksv-ui screen opens and shows this:

#org 0xC02C874
    '-----------------------------------

On the tutorial video I watched, when he opened that, it showed the whole script

As is, when I test, the NPC is standing there, but wont speak. Game isnt freezing or anything, just nothing happens

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
    So I just started trying to make my own Fire Red Hack.

I started off doing some simple things, I really dont know what I am doing haha
    Downloaded Advance Map, PKSV-UI, and YAPE so far. Used map editor to put all pokemon in map to make them obtainable, as well as using yape to change some evolutions so non trade evolutions, etc.

So here I have pokemon like sentret popping up right outside pallet town, thought I was all set, but turns out, I need national dex, pretty sure I need to make someone give that to me.
    I have found a few copy/pastes to put in to make npc's give me the national dex, but nothing works.

My process so far:
    Advance Map > Pallet Town > Increase Number of Person Events by 1
    Move new person down into map
    change script offset so I can OPEN SCRIPT

No matter what I put in for script here, nothing happens. To be safe, since I have no idea what any of it means, I use script generator

Generator > person talking > leave sample text in (Hi, Im a cow...) > leave as msg type normal > I get the following

Compile >

Copy Paste 7402C8 into Advance Map script offset
    Looks like: $7402C874

Click Open Script again, pksv-ui screen opens and shows this:

On the tutorial video I watched, when he opened that, it showed the whole script

As is, when I test, the NPC is standing there, but wont speak. Game isnt freezing or anything, just nothing happens

This is your issue: $7402C87. Remove the last 74 so it looks like $7402C8 and you will be good.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    ok, good news is now when I open script, it does have the correct script listed still

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @text ' Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    release
    end

#org @text
    = Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.

The problem however is that in game, the person still just stands there and doesnt speak at all
    ______
    EDIT: Ok, so after looking, when i get rid of the additional 74 at the end, instead of looking like $7402C8, It keeps autochanging to $007402C8, with the 00's

I dont know if that is ok or not, but like I said, guy still wont talk for some reason, even though the scripting says the right thing

Last edited:

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    How easy is it to change the pallette of an entire tileset to make it less saturated?

Im going for a kinda noir/dingy feel and wondered how easy it is to make everything not so vibrant!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    How easy is it to change the pallette of an entire tileset to make it less saturated?

Im going for a kinda noir/dingy feel and wondered how easy it is to make everything not so vibrant!

In amap 1.92 go to the block editor then palette. You can import or put in values

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Are the move effects in Pokemon Emerald different from those in Fire Red? I'm asking this because I was able to reproduce the second part of itman's tutorial (where he expanded the move effects table in fire red to get up to 256 move effects) in Emerald, using an offset in BSP (which I think I got from a list Tlachtli posted somewhere). Anyway, the table looked a bit different from the move effects table in Fire Red, which is why I'm asking this.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    Are the move effects in Pokemon Emerald different from those in Fire Red? I'm asking this because I was able to reproduce the second part of itman's tutorial (where he expanded the move effects table in fire red to get up to 256 move effects) in Emerald, using an offset in BSP (which I think I got from a list Tlachtli posted somewhere). Anyway, the table looked a bit different from the move effects table in Fire Red, which is why I'm asking this.

The effects table is just pointers, so it'll LOOK different but the content is the exact same.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Not sure if people didnt realize I still had a second part to my question haha

Anyhow, using advanced maps, I can now change script, and when I click open script, my script is still there.

However, I have been unable to actually get anyone to speak in game. Any person event I add just stands there (or moves) but doesnt speak when I try.

Game doesnt freeze or anything, just nothing happens.

ONE TIME I was able to get something to work (one of my first tries) but instead of speaking, it opened up a pokemart menu or a purchase item menu where all items were ?????.

Aside from that one failed time, like I said, I cant get NPC's to do anything at all other than walk around.

This all stemmed from me wanting to add the nat dex, but when I found out I was unable to do something as simple as add basic message NPC's, Ive gotten a little frustrated haha. Im assuming my scripts are just fine because I was using the script gen to create the talking one

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I've been looking around for x and y icons that I can use on Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor for a VERY long time now, and I just decided to ask on pokecommunity if anyone had some. The only ones I need are chespin, froakie, and fennekin, and each of there evolutions. I would VERY MUCH appreciate anyone who replies!
    Thank You!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I've been looking around for x and y icons that I can use on Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor for a VERY long time now, and I just decided to ask on pokecommunity if anyone had some. The only ones I need are chespin, froakie, and fennekin, and each of there evolutions. I would VERY MUCH appreciate anyone who replies!
    Thank You!

I made some of my own, but I only have Skrelp, Dragalge, Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum icons. I'll PM them to you if that would be of any help?

Anyway, I have a question too. Are there some vars in which applymovements for the camera just won't work?

I really need this script to work as it's a huge part of the storyline development, it runs fine but the camera doesn't move and some person event OWs just won't show up on the map (maybe because there are over 30 people on the map?). Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'll post the script below...

Spoiler:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    In R/S/E the secret bases have a butt ton of overworld sprites (the little things you can add in to your base) and yet it takes up so little room. Is it possible to do the same thing in Fire Red so I can include a lot of overworld sprites within a seemingly small amount of space used?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
    I made some of my own, but I only have Skrelp, Dragalge, Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum icons. I'll PM them to you if that would be of any help?

Anyway, I have a question too. Are there some vars in which applymovements for the camera just won't work?

I really need this script to work as it's a huge part of the storyline development, it runs fine but the camera doesn't move and some person event OWs just won't show up on the map (maybe because there are over 30 people on the map?). Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'll post the script below...

Spoiler:

There are certain required specials to make the camera move. Look them up in JPAN's list.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Is there any documentation on using name buffers for in-battle text? Things like "[Pokemon]'s [Ability] prevents [Attack]"? I've been playing with it by just blindly plugging in different hex to see what happens, but I wanted to know if there's any info out there about it.

Also the battle message values don't seem to match up with their pointers on the message table. For example the Color Change message ("[Pokemon]'s [Ability] made it the [Type] type") is in position 0xBA on the pointer table, but when scripting it's called with 0xC6. Is there any reason behind that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    i have a question. in pokemon dark rising where can i get Escavalier??
    i really want 1 because i want to defeat adrian

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    There are certain required specials to make the camera move. Look them up in JPAN's list.

Yeah, specials 0x113 and 0x114 right? They're in the script, but it still isn't working, which is another reason why I'm so confused =/

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    i have a question. in pokemon dark rising where can i get Escavalier??
    i really want 1 because i want to defeat adrian

You may want to ask in the thread of the hack, because this is for producing hacks I believe. I don't know either way.

My question. More of just a punt than anything, but I really wanna get the sound from GEN 1/2 Hyper beam imported into my hack, would that require a lot of effort?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    A few quick questions.
    1: Im just learning how to script and so far its going well. BUt i would like to make it so if someone sees you instead of entering a trainer battle i want them to talk and warp you. Would i do this just by adding the normal script and giving the person event in advanced map a view radius? Or is that even possible?
    2: Where can i get xse scripting templates(ive googled but with no results)

avaramoon said:
    Yeah, specials 0x113 and 0x114 right? They're in the script, but it still isn't working, which is another reason why I'm so confused =/
    Check this tut out. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141650

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Is there any way to delete the "Professor Intro" in Firered? Or simply put some script after that "Intro" occur? Example, Pokémon Crystal (It says you overslept and ask you for time, then "Professor Intro")

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    A few quick questions.
    1: Im just learning how to script and so far its going well. BUt i would like to make it so if someone sees you instead of entering a trainer battle i want them to talk and warp you. Would i do this just by adding the normal script and giving the person event in advanced map a view radius? Or is that even possible?
    2: Where can i get xse scripting templates(ive googled but with no results)

1 Most things are possible. You probably want to use a script event (green S tile). maybe something like:

#org @script
    lock \\locks the players
    applymovement 0x(guy) @walk_to_PLAYER \\ moves the guy that spots you
    waitmovement 0x0 \\ waits for the guy to walk
    msgbox @talk 0x6 \\ guy talks to you
    warp 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF (check the bytes in command help) \\ you get warped
    setvar 0x4050 0x1 \\ This prevents the script from happening again. Read KK552's tut if you don't understand script tiles
    release \\ resumes movement
    end \\ idk lol

Also I have a question. When inserting a world map the map always has those 5-6 tiles in the bottom right hand corner that look unpleasant. All tutes say add 16 bytes of 00's but this doesnt work at all! Any clues?

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Is there something I'm doing wrong when I compile my scripts? I click compile, save AMap then close XSE. I then open the script (the same script offset as the Dynamic offset given by FSF) but it contains nothing but '#org 0xXXXXX' instead of the script i just typed out.

any help? thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back