• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    I'm looking for the pokemon party icon sprites of generation 4. I can't find them anywhere. Well, I find sprites, but I need them in format 32x64 or 64x32 to add them in Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor. I've found all the sprites from generation 5 in a rar file. Does anyone know where i can get another file like this with the generation 4 party icons?

I have a folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49x187o3d8ok7mr/Aq68C4w2vr

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    I've been using Battle Script Pro to try to write some new move effects, but there are some things that just can't be done without asm (like something as simple as division). I know it doesn't have a pre-set "callasm" function or anything like that, but is there another way to call an asm function from a battle script?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Im sure many of you are asm hackers out there, and I have a basic idea of what it exactly is, but I really want to learn it myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start learning asm? I cant seem to find anything, and I probably wouldn't know the best place anyways.

Thanks in advance,
    PokéMew151

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
    Im sure many of you are asm hackers out there, and I have a basic idea of what it exactly is, but I really want to learn it myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start learning asm? I cant seem to find anything, and I probably wouldn't know the best place anyways.

Thanks in advance,
    PokéMew151

My "Concept of ASM" tutorial was written exactly for this purpose.:P

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    I've been using Battle Script Pro to try to write some new move effects, but there are some things that just can't be done without asm (like something as simple as division). I know it doesn't have a pre-set "callasm" function or anything like that, but is there another way to call an asm function from a battle script?

Jambo has made a callasm function for Fire Red, it's in the Quick Research thread. If you go to the archive and search for Jambo's name you'll find it.

From there I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to port (y)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Thank you karatekid for the great tutorial you wrote, but I have one more question to ask for now: Are there any really good tutorials on completly changing the fire red world map?
    I'm pretty sure I asked this in the last thread, but I beleive I got no reply... (Note: I obviously dont mean the map itself, I mean the town map, aka WORLD MAP.)
    Thanks!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
    Thank you karatekid for the great tutorial you wrote, but I have one more question to ask for now: Are there any really good tutorials on completly changing the fire red world map?
    I'm pretty sure I asked this in the last thread, but I beleive I got no reply... (Note: I obviously dont mean the map itself, I mean the town map, aka WORLD MAP.)
    Thanks!

I don't know of any specifically, but there are a ton around here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Hey, I've had a good look but I couldn't find anything. I'm trying to move things around on the World Map in Advanced Map, however, any maps that had been previously used for the islands keep referring to world map 2 despite me removing mention of them from world map 2, but they have the correct coordinate. If I use a new map, it places the face sprite at the top left hand corner of the map regardless of the coordinates I input. I'm not too sure what's going wrong in all honesty.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I don't know of any specifically, but there are a ton around here.

I have found several before, but I really didnt have any idea whether or not I was on the right track of following some random tut on youtube. I suppose I'll give it a shot, as I can always make backups!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Jambo has made a callasm function for Fire Red, it's in the Quick Research thread. If you go to the archive and search for Jambo's name you'll find it.

From there I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to port (y)

Perfect, thanks! Doesn't look too hard to port at first glance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Hey, guys. I am running Pokemon Emerald, and wanted to know how to insert an OverWorld sprite in a location, along with removing the overworld sprite from where it was supposed to be. I replaced Blastoise, and I need to know how I can battle this new OverWorld, similar to the function of legendary pokemon in games.

I have Overworld Editor, and Advance Map 1.92 what else do I need?

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Hey, guys. I am running Pokemon Emerald, and wanted to know how to insert an OverWorld sprite in a location, along with removing the overworld sprite from where it was supposed to be. I replaced Blastoise, and I need to know how I can battle this new OverWorld, similar to the function of legendary pokemon in games.

I have Overworld Editor, and Advance Map 1.92 what else do I need?

nonononono :D
    NSE classic, advance map 1.92, XSE
    NSE classic is waaaaaay better (and newer) than OW editor. Plus it doesn't do just OWs ;)
    Amap 1.92 of course since 1.95 is an unstable, unfinished beta
    XSE because it's really good at what it does. Latest version in gamer2020's toolbox

If you need to learn how to script read diegoisawesome's mega huge XSE tutorial. All of this can be found on the forums

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
    Hey guys I am having trouble with these minis D:
    I used OW inserter and Loaded up the ROM
    I had them sized to 16x32 16colors saved it as BMP
    then I imported the bmp plus palette I did not check "Fix Pointers"
    Here are the pics of the original mini and how it looks on amap and vba
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Trainer 188

Hey! I wanted to know that if I remade a Littleroot town in Firered and the Copy&Pasted the scripts from Ruby into Firered, would they still work?
    Thanks!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    If I have a script that forces the player to walk through grass, can I disable wild battles during it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Does anybody know where the moves effect table for Emerald is? I'm trying to follow itman's tutorial on creating new moves/effects with Pokemon Emerald, but I can't find the offset for the moves effect table.

And sorry for double posting, but does Doesn't's physical/special split patch work even though I expanded the number of moves?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
    If I have a script that forces the player to walk through grass, can I disable wild battles during it?

It auto cuts all other rom processes like egg hatching and script tile reading and wild battles and trainers when already processing a script.

Hey! I wanted to know that if I remade a Littleroot town in Firered and the Copy&Pasted the scripts from Ruby into Firered, would they still work?
    Thanks!

It depends, some script commands don't work between versions, like checkdailyflags for example

And sorry for double posting, but does Doesn't's physical/special split patch work even though I expanded the number of moves?

Yes it will, but you'd need to edit each move to be physical/special

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I originally posted this in itman's tutorial thread, but I figured I might get a faster answer here, so I'll post my question here:
    So I've been trying to expand moves on Emerald, and well this happened:

Anybody know why this might happen? I used the free space made with this tutorial: https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5742
    and I used these the offsets provided by PGE for Pokemon Emerald. I did the rest by following itman's tutorial.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I originally posted this in itman's tutorial thread, but I figured I might get a faster answer here, so I'll post my question here:
    So I've been trying to expand moves on Emerald, and well this happened:

Anybody know why this might happen? I used the free space made with this tutorial: https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5742
    and I used these the offsets provided by PGE for Pokemon Emerald. I did the rest by following itman's tutorial.

That's normal. Since there's no name for the attack to load it loads the garbage that's there. Just edit it to be what you want ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    That's normal. Since there's no name for the attack to load it loads the garbage that's there. Just edit it to be what you want ;D
    Oh so that's normal? Great that's awesome! I thought I'd have to restart the whole thing lol. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back