• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    More map help. This has to do with actual map crashes this time.

I replaced Route 16 and Celadon with slightly different maps (naming issue has since been resolved) and connected them accordingly to everything associated with the original maps and to each other. I have issues however. Huge issues. Like, they don't work at all.

Before I saved my gamestate inside the Department Store, it was saved in the new Celadon map, which itself works flawlessly. To walk to new Route 16 glitched up a bit. The map would load seamlessly to four or five (I didn't count) steps into the new Route 16, and then west of that point the game would load the old Route 16. Going into a building in Celadon and coming back out, to reload the maps, blocked Route 16 completely by covering it with the trees that are at the edge of every map. I recently noticed that there is a Cut tree visible, though, where old Route 16 would have loaded one.

Screenshot of AMAP connections
    Screenshot of gameplay with this setup

I tried later to go to Route 7 and return, and see if that fixed anything. First though, I had to make sure Route 7 would connect to new Celadon. I made it connect, and Route 7 did the same thing Route 16 was doing. I'm stuck in Celadon.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Try again with a new ROM and using Advance Map 1.92 instead of 1.95
    Download link -> https://www.mediafire.com/download/6o0c14m8naadlf0/am1.92.zip

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • Hi guys, I posted the other day with a warp error. After countless efforts to fix it I've realized its a map error, not a warp error. All my map connections are totally fine and set to the correct map&bank but when I come from the route to the city this happens.

I've tried for a little while to fix it, I've tried deleting&re-inputting my map connections and I'm using amap 1.92.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • More map help. This has to do with actual map crashes this time.

I replaced Route 16 and Celadon with slightly different maps (naming issue has since been resolved) and connected them accordingly to everything associated with the original maps and to each other. I have issues however. Huge issues. Like, they don't work at all.

Before I saved my gamestate inside the Department Store, it was saved in the new Celadon map, which itself works flawlessly. To walk to new Route 16 glitched up a bit. The map would load seamlessly to four or five (I didn't count) steps into the new Route 16, and then west of that point the game would load the old Route 16. Going into a building in Celadon and coming back out, to reload the maps, blocked Route 16 completely by covering it with the trees that are at the edge of every map. I recently noticed that there is a Cut tree visible, though, where old Route 16 would have loaded one.

I tried later to go to Route 7 and return, and see if that fixed anything. First though, I had to make sure Route 7 would connect to new Celadon. I made it connect, and Route 7 did the same thing Route 16 was doing. I'm stuck in Celadon.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

1: Don't use that version of amap :P 1.92 (I thought I gave a link to you in a past post ^_^)
    2: Make sure both maps connect to each other, not just one.

Hi guys, I posted the other day with a warp error. After countless efforts to fix it I've realized its a map error, not a warp error. All my map connections are totally fine and set to the correct map&bank but when I come from the route to the city this happens.

I've tried for a little while to fix it, I've tried deleting&re-inputting my map connections and I'm using amap 1.92.

These are border blocks. They fill the border when there's no connection. You can edit them above the tileset in the map tab of amap

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Alright I still have my problem... :/
    Alright, when I open up my rom in advance map and navigate to a certain map, this is what I get:
    Spoiler:

The windows are black...
    But if I re-open my rom and navigate to a certain map first, THEN navigate to that map, it shows up normal... Why is that?
    I've also learned that if the windows show up normal, and I open the map of the building on the bottom in the above picture, then go back to the map in the above picture, the windows turn black also...

I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the Day and Night system?? Because at nighttime on my rom, the windows are the same palette as they are in the day time (when the windows actually show up, which they do sometimes in the town before the forest)

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • @gogojjtech

My border blocks are set as trees to match my map. I've made a connection to the left to my next city but this is all that shows.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I'll ask this again since I was skipped.

Is it possible to get a trainer to not be able to 'see' you until a certain flag is set... (i.e pokedex)??

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    @gogojjtech

My border blocks are set as trees to match my map. I've made a connection to the left to my next city but this is all that shows.

Does the city have another tileset 2 than the route? That might be the issue.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • My routes tilesets were set to 0 and 61 (along with the city to the left) where the town on the right of my route was set to 0 and 1, I've tried setting them all to 0 and 1 and didn't get a different result. The town to the right of my route is fully assessable and working fine and so is my route, its just when I come up to the city on the left where the error occurs. Its quite frustrating as its stopped my hack dead in its tracks ha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    Hi there.

I'm attempting a very simple modification of a ROM for an LP I plan to do, i.e, I want to make it so all pokemon battles (trainer or wild) give no experience. Now, I'm very much unfamiliar with programming. Quite frankly, it's more than a little daunting and intimidating, so I hope you'll understand that if I come across as incredibly inexperienced and clueless, it's totally because I am. Please bear with me.

I'm using the Gen. III Hacking Suite (since the rom is for Ruby). To my understanding, I SHOULD be able to accomplish my goal by setting every individual pokemon's base exp to zero (this is horribly inefficient I know, but it's all I've got ><). However, upon testing this in-game, my pokemon gain 1 EXP in battles. I know it seems a bit pedantic to get worked up about it not being PRECISELY zero, but I'm willing to go the extra mile for parity's sake. I've reached a dead-end here and would really, really appreciate some help.

So... what do I do now?

edit: I should probably mention I've exhausted the search function over this. Hell, the solution I've attempted above was shamelessly ripped off someone else, so I can't claim any credit for even that :(. There's nothing else else I could find that looked helpful though.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hi there.

I'm attempting a very simple modification of a ROM for an LP I plan to do, i.e, I want to make it so all pokemon battles (trainer or wild) give no experience. Now, I'm very much unfamiliar with programming. Quite frankly, it's more than a little daunting and intimidating, so I hope you'll understand that if I come across as incredibly inexperienced and clueless, it's totally because I am. Please bear with me.

I'm using the Gen. III Hacking Suite (since the rom is for Ruby). To my understanding, I SHOULD be able to accomplish my goal by setting every individual pokemon's base exp to zero (this is horribly inefficient I know, but it's all I've got ><). However, upon testing this in-game, my pokemon gain 1 EXP in battles. I know it seems a bit pedantic to get worked up about it not being PRECISELY zero, but I'm willing to go the extra mile for parity's sake. I've reached a dead-end here and would really, really appreciate some help.

So... what do I do now?

You know there is a formula, right?:

So yeah, more info here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience

Since the variable b is base exp, you can see that no matter what, it will always be at least one. The only way to remove exp gain (and take the fun out the game:P) is to use ASM and hack the exp gain routine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ugh. Well thanks for deleting my post. All I need is some help with the physical special split mod for gen 3. So what's the deal? Do attack raising moves just not work? Because attack raising doesn't so anything to any move powers.

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Hello.

Could somebody please provide me with a link to something that can explain(in detail) the structure of maps in Gen III?

Years
  • Hi guys, I posted the other day with a warp error. After countless efforts to fix it I've realized its a map error, not a warp error. All my map connections are totally fine and set to the correct map&bank but when I come from the route to the city this happens.

1: Don't use that version of amap :P 1.92 (I thought I gave a link to you in a past post ^_^)
    2: Make sure both maps connect to each other, not just one.

These are border blocks. They fill the border when there's no connection. You can edit them above the tileset in the map tab of amap

Three things:

1. Veng3anc3's and my posts are essentially the same question. I request/recommend that you handle them jointly.
    2. No, you didn't give me a link, and in any case I'm not using it. AMAP1.95 itself hasn't given me any problems, only PKSV has.
    3. I have made sure the maps connect to each other. I don't get it, and what's more is that it worked in the ROM that I botched but not in the good one.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Three things:

1. Veng3anc3's and my posts are essentially the same question. I request/recommend that you handle them jointly.
    2. No, you didn't give me a link, and in any case I'm not using it. AMAP1.95 itself hasn't given me any problems, only PKSV has.
    3. I have made sure the maps connect to each other. I don't get it, and what's more is that it worked in the ROM that I botched but not in the good one.

The thing is no matter what you do in amap 1.95 it'll bug out. It's an unfinished and unstable beta that was never completed. If you keep using it, it'll corrupt even more data to the point where your rom is unplayable lol
    The only way around complete corruption is 1.92 or MEH. Idk if MEH is good to use atm, but it seems stable at the least :)

Years
  • The thing is no matter what you do in amap 1.95 it'll bug out. It's an unfinished and unstable beta that was never completed. If you keep using it, it'll corrupt even more data to the point where your rom is unplayable lol
    The only way around complete corruption is 1.92 or MEH. Idk if MEH is good to use atm, but it seems stable at the least :)
    Alright, it's obvious you're simply biased and have no intention of helping. Have you actually TRIED 1.95? Aside from this it's been working fine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Not sure where to post this and such, as well it does involve of making hacks and such. As I am waiting for my one thread to be approve for posting XD So hopefully can ask here

But I am very new with making hacks, or creating hacks and such ^ _ ^; and that my experience with any of the programs, that do involve with hacking are like abysmal. Except for maybe, being able to change the starter Pokemon you get in the beginning of the game and a little bit of Advancemap.

Now what I mean is, that I only messed around with what type of Pokemon you will encounter and all that in the wild lol. So in a way, what I am asking is...somebody like me who is very much a beginner with hacking. Where or what would be a good starting point to learn about hacking?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Alright, it's obvious you're simply biased and have no intention of helping. Have you actually TRIED 1.95? Aside from this it's been working fine.

I have helped a number of people by suggesting to them to use 1.92 instead of 1.95.
    Again, I ask, have you tried 1.92?

...I believe this is the third time I have asked you that question...

what I am asking is...somebody like me who is very much a beginner with hacking. Where or what would be a good starting point to learn about hacking?

I would suggest you to download the two most important things in hacking: a mapping tool and a scripting tool.
    For mapping, I'd advice you to use Advance Map 1.92, for 1.95 is an unfinished and buggy beta, and will corrupt your ROM. But you can also try using MEH (a new mapping tool). No clue if it's stable enough though, since I haven't tried that tool yet.
    For scripting, I'd suggest you use XSE.

Then, try and mess around with how mapping works. After that, read some scripting tutorials, and test them out yourself.

Also, remember to save back-ups of your hack ROM before doing anything you are uncertain of. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Hey guys
    I'm hoping somebody can help with this issue our hacking group (Team Zandite) has had for a while.
    Basically, when we were inserting tiles, we used Advance Map 1.95 to insert a new tileset. This somehow made the palettes glitchy when viewing maps through 1.92, so we used 1.95 as our map editor.
    Lately, however, our maps have suffered from tile glitches, and I have a feeling 1.95 is the main problem.
    The problem is, the palettes glitch out when we open our rom through Advance Map 1.92. Is there any way around this?
    Here's a map opened with 1.95: https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/ScreenShot03-11-14at1044PM_zpsbb678e98.png
    and here's a map opened with 1.92: https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/ScreenShot03-11-14at1045PM_zps40b42490.png

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey guys
    I'm hoping somebody can help with this issue our hacking group (Team Zandite) has had for a while.
    Basically, when we were inserting tiles, we used Advance Map 1.95 to insert a new tileset. This somehow made the palettes glitchy when viewing maps through 1.92, so we used 1.95 as our map editor.
    Lately, however, our maps have suffered from tile glitches, and I have a feeling 1.95 is the main problem.
    The problem is, the palettes glitch out when we open our rom through Advance Map 1.92. Is there any way around this?
    Here's a map opened with 1.95: https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/ScreenShot03-11-14at1044PM_zpsbb678e98.png
    and here's a map opened with 1.92: https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/ScreenShot03-11-14at1045PM_zps40b42490.png

I would suggest you and your team to start all over again, this time using A-Map 1.92 and A-Map 1.92 only.
    I seriously and absolutely have no freaking idea why that tool and it's thread are still up and visible, despite the fact that it's buggy as heck. The mods could just hide it and unhide it back when the creator miraculously gets back here.
    Never mind. Hopefully, A-Map 1.95 will be open-sourced soon so other pipz may as well start fixing it. :3

The thing is no matter what you do in amap 1.95 it'll bug out. It's an unfinished and unstable beta that was never completed. If you keep using it, it'll corrupt even more data to the point where your rom is unplayable lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I have helped a number of people by suggesting to them to use 1.92 instead of 1.95.
    Again, I ask, have you tried 1.92?

...I believe this is the third time I have asked you that question...

I would suggest you to download the two most important things in hacking: a mapping tool and a scripting tool.
    For mapping, I'd advice you to use Advancce Map 1.92, for 1.95 is an unfinished and buggy beta, and will corrupt your ROM. But you can also try using MEH (a new mapping tool). No clue if it's stable enough though, since I haven't tried that tool yet.
    For scripting, I'd suggest you use XSE

Then, try and mess around with how mapping works. After that, read some scripting tutorials, and test them out yourself.

Also, remember to save back-ups of your hack ROM before doing anything you are uncertain of. ;)

Thanks I will definitely give them a shot, as well read the tutorials about scripting. I have somewhat experience in mapping with RPG maker in the past. But since I am working with actual layers for the tile sets the rom gives XD I will have to understand about the height and blocking they give or at least from what I read and understood, prevents the "Player" from walking on houses and water etc.

As for scripting though I have NO experience at all, but yeah thanks for the advice and where to get started ^ _ ^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back