• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    So, this isn't exactly a question about hacking, but I didn't see any rules about how to post threads on this specific page, and I wanted an answer before posting.
    Am I allowed to post suggestions for the story of my hack in this thread? I don't want to go and write my long intro to the story just to have it not be approved...

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    There's a thread within the 'porgressing hacks' section for that, SpadeEdge!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Is there anyway to add a script that changes the overworld sprite, trainer card sprite and the battle sprite of the player?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Ok can i install that onto a rom thats not clean? I know it comes with that program but how do I use it? It always makes tons of popups when i try.XD

The pop-ups are how you customize it.:P You need to input var values. I think he put a range check, so start with 4050 as your first var and go from there. Remember, different vars for different things!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • The pop-ups are how you customize it.:P You need to input var values. I think he put a range check, so start with 4050 as your first var and go from there. Remember, different vars for different things!

I understand that but it wont stop asking for variables. like thousands upon thousands of times. Ive never gotten it to stop asking me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Simple questions, huh?

Is there any progress on the front of implementing Mega-Evolutions into 3rd gen games as of yet? Asking this as someone pretty new to this community. My first instinct is to think it wouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult if we could make use of the code for Castform's ability...

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I'm currently hacking Fire Red. There must be some sort of corruption because I'm having a huge problem with poison. Whenever a Pokemon is poisoned, and the message pops up, "______ is hurt by poison!" the Pokemon doesn't take any damage. I'm using MrDollSteaks Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4 and I think that might have caused it. Is there anyway to fix this, any tools that allow me edit status conditions, or any other advice?

This has already been fixed, update to 1.4a

Though there are still some bugs.
    I'll probably add a current bug thing onto the thread.

Simple questions, huh?

Is there any progress on the front of implementing Mega-Evolutions into 3rd gen games as of yet? Asking this as someone pretty new to this community. My first instinct is to think it wouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult if we could make use of the code for Castform's ability...

It'll be very difficult to make it work correctly.

Swapping sprites for formes is currently being researched, but at this stage is pretty hard to get right,
    because not many people know how to manipulate Forecase.

Additionally there is the problem of choosing to Mega Evolve.
    There's no space to put a button.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Okay so basically in Amap when I click on connections or even try to open a certain map, it opens however I get an error message telling me 'Access Violation at address xxxxxx on advancemap.exe. Rest of address; xxxxxx.' and now my connections are all reset pretty much.

On ALL maps I've also been having issues regarding '0xXXXXXX 'not being a pointer'

Any info on exactly what this could mean or be caused by?

EDIT: My thoughts are that repointing the maps' offsets would solve it, but how would I do that?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Okay so basically in Amap when I click on connections or even try to open a certain map, it opens however I get an error message telling me 'Access Violation at address xxxxxx on advancemap.exe. Rest of address; xxxxxx.' and now my connections are all reset pretty much.

On ALL maps I've also been having issues regarding '0xXXXXXX 'not being a pointer'

Any info on exactly what this could mean or be caused by?

EDIT: My thoughts are that repointing the maps' offsets would solve it, but how would I do that?

I warn everyone about this
    Don't use amap 1.95 because it's an unfinished beta with many bugs that weren't broken. Use 1.92. Your rom is beyond corruption most likely.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I'm aware of the behaviour of 1.95. My question is would repointing the map offsets solve this?

Actually yanno what I'm starting over.

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Hmm, what does it look like in-game? Are there any problems when you exit the building and look at the windows?

In-game it acts the same way as A-map. I'm super confused and yes, they turn black when I go through that building.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pleeease answer this... I don't know what to do...
    When I open up my rom in advance map and navigate to a certain map, this is what I get:
    The windows are black...
    If I re-open my rom and navigate to that map FIRST, it shows up normal... But if I navigate to the building shown in the picture, THEN go to this map, the windows turn black... Why is that?
    I thought that maybe it was because of the Day and Night system?? Because at night, the windows show up as the regular palette, as if it were daytime...

Hmm well I just began Amap myself, so not sure how much I will be much help here but...it might have something to do with the way, the building is connecting to the other route? Have you tried making one half of the building in the one route, and then make the other half on the other route? Like a two way piece?

Then again I can't really tell since your showing one picture ^ _ ^ ;. But give that a shot, make one half of the building on one previous route, and then make the second half on the other side of the route it's connecting too. I also suggest before you do this, take a picture of said two pieces, and align them correctly, in a way it's showing both sides are connected.

[lol can't quote the images, since they are links and I need 15 or something posts to have them in my replies lol.]

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Is there a tutorial in Hex editing anywhere?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Is there a tutorial in Hex editing anywhere?
    There's no comprehensive hex editing tutorial here, as far as I've seen, but I'd recommend you try something that involves a lot of hex editing. In my case, itman's tutorial on how to expand movesets helped me a lot, and I was even able to port it over to Emerald lol.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    There's no comprehensive hex editing tutorial here, as far as I've seen, but I'd recommend you try something that involves a lot of hex editing. In my case, itman's tutorial on how to expand movesets helped me a lot, and I was even able to port it over to Emerald lol.

Okay, thanks for the tip!

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but Idon't know how to definitively test the Physical/Special Split patch I implemented. I mean, when I load up PGE the moves all say the right thing (physical on things like Faint attack and Special on hyper beam etc.) but does it go further than that? I.e is there anything else I need to go through to make it function?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Okay, thanks for the tip!

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but Idon't know how to definitively test the Physical/Special Split patch I implemented. I mean, when I load up PGE the moves all say the right thing (physical on things like Faint attack and Special on hyper beam etc.) but does it go further than that? I.e is there anything else I need to go through to make it function?
    You could make a move physical,then test it on a Blissey lol. Then do the same thing, except make the move special. There's gonna be a big difference if you do it right (cuz blissey has god tier special defense and crap defense as you probably know lol).

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    You could make a move physical,then test it on a Blissey lol. Then do the same thing, except make the move special. There's gonna be a big difference if you do it right (cuz blissey has god tier special defense and crap defense as you probably know lol).

ooooooh yeah I forgot Blissey existed hahah!

Okay so I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong, but when I patch a Clean FireRed ROM with the MrDollSteaks Decap/Moves patch, then try to edit anything to do with Pokemon or moves etc, I get a whole load of error messages saying the ini of the ROM is wrong. I tried with PGE and G3HS, but both spew Errors... is there a known bug or am I just not doing something right?!

The moves in both are just replaced by blank spaces with an occasional few nonsense characters.

Last edited:

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • Anyone know why I'm always getting the "Error: Image is not Indexed" error in unLZ-GBA? I'm trying to put sprites into a Ruby rom. The png image I'm trying to import is indexed, 64x64, and 16 colors. I used Ifranview to make it, as detailed in many tutorials.

EDIT: I exported an image from the rom using unLZ-GBA and tried importing the same image, and got the same error message. Anyone else experiencing this bug? Are there any alternatives to unLZ-GBA?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back