• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    This may be a bit of a noob-ish question, but I am a noob at this rom hacking stuff. I am trying to start my rom hacking days off by creating a hack of FireRed. Anyway, when I use AdvanceMap, I can only use tilesets 0 and 1. If I try to use the other tilesets, they seem to be "broken" or something, as they are all blue (shown in attachments). My question is, how do I fix this or how/where can I download other tilesets like the ones from D/P, Pt, HG/SS?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • This may be a bit of a noob-ish question, but I am a noob at this rom hacking stuff. I am trying to start my rom hacking days off by creating a hack of FireRed. Anyway, when I use AdvanceMap, I can only use tilesets 0 and 1. If I try to use the other tilesets, they seem to be "broken" or something, as they are all blue (shown in attachments). My question is, how do I fix this or how/where can I download other tilesets like the ones from D/P, Pt, HG/SS?

First off, don't use amap 1.95
    It's in unfinished beta with unfixed bugs that will corrupt your rom
    the issue you're having is that you must have tileset 0, always. The second can be anything else you want, just keep 0 on the first slot. Also, you can download tiles, but not tilesets. You'd have to arrange them in the order you want. Also, you'd have to rip dppt hgss tiles from their roms, you can use sdsme.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Thanks for the help, gogo! What should I use instead of AdvanceMap 1.95, is there an update to it that I don't have, or would you suggest a whole different map editting program?

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    AMap 1.92. However I'm now using MEH for connection purposes as 1.92 doesn't give you a visual!

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • heres something else i dont use professional mode on amap so idk what pointer its using when i make a new map and it doesnt ask me so just wonderin if makin a map messes with the voice actors(instruments in music) and the music itself might be changed what should i do and is there a way with meh to line up your connections so you dont have to change the dimensions every time? amap might already have that possibility but i didnt know how to use it exactly except to line up the map banks the maps etc and the direction

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Could you maybe try and not make the full post one sentence? I have no idea what you mean, it hurt my brain.

Everytime I change the pallettes on AMap, then close and reopen the program, the pallettes reset... And yes I have clicked Save, any guesses why?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Could you maybe try and not make the full post one sentence? I have no idea what you mean, it hurt my brain.

Everytime I change the pallettes on AMap, then close and reopen the program, the pallettes reset... And yes I have clicked Save, any guesses why?

You must click write palette changes to rom. Save only saves the tiles and maps.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2015
    HGSS sprite edit. HELP

Hello, I've been ROM hacking for a bit now but I've encountered a issue :/ I'm editing the main protagonists back sprites in a HG ROM (a/0/0/6) . I have correctly replaced what I could find.... but my edit only shows for like a split second in the begining of battle.. then changes back to ethan (wich I removed all the sprites of) . I'm assuming that the sprites of him throwing the pokeball are causing this.... but where are they?! I've completely taken the rom apart ...only to not find them... no tutorial exists for this for some reason, would someone please assist me in anyway?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    can anyone tell me how to modify the damage that's done by wrap/whirlpool/bind/firespin?

the 1/16 of max HP part, not the base damage

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • can anyone tell me how to modify the damage that's done by wrap/whirlpool/bind/firespin?

the 1/16 of max HP part, not the base damage

It's in the battle script. You can use BSP (battle script pro by Jambo51) to do this.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hello, I've been ROM hacking for a bit now but I've encountered a issue :/ I'm editing the main protagonists back sprites in a HG ROM (a/0/0/6) . I have correctly replaced what I could find.... but my edit only shows for like a split second in the begining of battle.. then changes back to ethan (wich I removed all the sprites of) . I'm assuming that the sprites of him throwing the pokeball are causing this.... but where are they?! I've completely taken the rom apart ...only to not find them... no tutorial exists for this for some reason, would someone please assist me in anyway?

No need to copy paste the same question twice.

I believe there are two sets of sprites for the protagonist sending out Pokemon. One set is when pointing the following Pokemon into battle, the other for actually throwing the Poke Ball and releasing it. You probably only edited one set.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2015
    Thank you for replying, and you are correct. He has another set, but I don't see them in the ROM anywhere.. this is probably a common issue because I couldn't help but notice the lack of popularity in editing HGSS :/ maybe it just cannot be done.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    What is the first thing I should do when I'm making a ROM hack? Mapping? Storyline? Scripting? Spriting? Where do I begin?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • What is the first thing I should do when I'm making a ROM hack? Mapping? Storyline? Scripting? Spriting? Where do I begin?

Planning then plot. Mapping is quite the easy part when hacking. So I suggest you plan how your maps will look and do that first. Then read some XSE scripting tutorials. I recommend you to use XSE because it's more useful and easy to use. After that, plan your scripts and stuff. But if I were you, I would go to some spriting, titlescreen inserting first. Then inserting tiles then mapping stuff. But it's all on you brotha! :)

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • Hey guys, just a quick question.
    Is there an equivalent of Pastebin for images? Like if I want to take a screenshot of something and post it on these forums. What should I use to upload images?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hey guys, just a quick question.
    Is there an equivalent of Pastebin for images? Like if I want to take a screenshot of something and post it on these forums. What should I use to upload images?

You can use Photobucket or Imageshack.
    Just upload the pics, then you'll get a link for use on forums. If you don't see it, just play around with it for a bit.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    You can use Photobucket or Imageshack.
    Just upload the pics, then you'll get a link for use on forums. If you don't see it, just play around with it for a bit.

I find Imgur.com to be the best!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Does anyone know how to remove HM status from a single move (so it can be forgotten without a move deleter)? I'd like to recycle Dive into something useful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back