• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    When you defeat the Elite Four, the game restarts and normally, you continue and you are in pallet town (fire red)

Given that I cant save in game, how am I supposed to play the rest of the game? Is there a workaround to allow us to beat the elite four and continue on?

If you're using VBA, go to Options-->Emulator-->save type-->128K flash.

That will let you save in game for Fire Red

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    im sorry if im breaking any rules, but i juss cant seem to find a super begginers guide to hacking. i juss want the tools required and a basic tutorial. but theres so many posts to look through and it seems like everyone knows how so no one is talking about it-_-''
    can i juss get some links?

You can either go to the Toolbox thread, or you can search through google. You basically want AdvanceMap 1.95, A-text, G3HS, etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    How do I make a second rival? Like, I want to make another person who takes the last Pokeball in the beginning. So if I choose fire type, Gary Oak will choose water type, and I want somebody to take the grass type. Can anybody help me out?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I've been toying around with this idea in my head for a while and if its possible to do something like this I'd like to incorporate it into a new hack before I start doing anything else.

I don't really know if this is the right place for this question but is there any way to take out currency from the games? My idea is to make all the marts use a bartering system, and upon defeating trainers they give you items instead of a money reward.
    So far as I know, you don't even need to remove the money for you to be able to do that.
    For the items after battle, just make a script that includes a bit after battle where the trainer gives the item--simple as that.

For the bartering systems in marts, just set up the mart scripts so that the person requests an item or amount of items and gives you an item or number of items in return. Just use the giveitem and removeitem commands to do that. (I haven't tested this with a normal-style mart script, but it might be possible like that.).

Either do those, or figure out the ASM for how money is rewarded, tracked, received, and spent and then edit or remove it.

I hope that helps you. :) Good luck. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    How to add more map names without replacing?

I have the same question

When I try to make a new map, I can change the map name, but it also changes the name of the map that I was on.

So say I try to make a map to east of pallet, Pallet Beach
    If Im on Pallet Town when I try to make new map, I can either name new one Pallet Beach, and itll change Pallet town to pallet beach as well, or I can just leave them both as pallet town, which is annoying

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    I'm learning more about scripting on XSE, and it came to my attention that I have the ability to make options. Can somebody help me out with this idea?

Step 1. I want it to read who my starter was.
    Step 2a. If Squritle, give [item1] then end script.
    Step 2b. If Bulbasaur, give [item2] then end script.
    Step 2c. If Charmander, ask for [item3] or [item4].
    Step 3. Choose [item3] or [item4]
    Step 4a. "You chose the [item3]!" then end script.
    Step 4b. "You chose the [item4]!" then end script.

Basically, I want to figure out the Mega thing, and I thought this would be a perfect start to making it possible. NOTE: I also want this to happen ONCE, so a flag would be needed from what I've learned.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I'm learning more about scripting on XSE, and it came to my attention that I have the ability to make options. Can somebody help me out with this idea?

Step 1. I want it to read who my starter was.
    Step 2a. If Squritle, give [item1] then end script.
    Step 2b. If Bulbasaur, give [item2] then end script.
    Step 2c. If Charmander, ask for [item3] or [item4].
    Step 3. Choose [item3] or [item4]
    Step 4a. "You chose the [item3]!" then end script.
    Step 4b. "You chose the [item4]!" then end script.

Basically, I want to figure out the Mega thing, and I thought this would be a perfect start to making it possible. NOTE: I also want this to happen ONCE, so a flag would be needed from what I've learned.

Without pulling up the scripts to confirm, I'm 80% certain that the game already has a flag for who your starter is. If you check the rival battle script, it routes through at least one flag check. You can cross reference that against the trainer data (you'll need a trainer editor, obviously) to figure out which flag is for which 'mon.

Or try and track down a comprehensive list of flags. I think I saw one on this site a few months ago.

As for using a flag to make it happen once, that's pretty basic scripting. Just pick your preferred tutorial and go at it.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • So i installed jpans hack into my rom and I want to create an item/script,(if i can figure out what im asking i should be able to work from there), that will change your sprite, trainer card etc. I have read the instructions that came with the hack but it doesnt explain one important thing that I would really like to know. when you type the script
    Spoiler:
    How do I get the number for already in the game sprites? like where it says setvar 0x4055 0x### how do I find the ###?

Years
  • Hello everyone! Does anyone know how to how to insert the scaled EXP formula (the gen V one) into Pokemon Ruby OR Emerald? (Sapphire will work too, but I doubt anyone's researched that particular version) It won't matter if it has to be done on assembly level, as I know a guy. Once I'm done I will provide an IPS patch via Dropbox as a base for others.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    I've inserted my tileset and tilemap succesfully, which you can see in AdvanceMap, but when I open the fly-menu in VBA it shows some plain green tiles in the lower right corner. Here's a link so you can see what I mean: ht tp://i6 1.tinyp ic.co m/j7tcmf.png (remove spaces as I'm not allowed to post links). It looks great in AdvanceMap so I don't know what the problem is. I'm new to Pokémon hacking, so it I don't know what I should do. If you know what the problem is, or how to fix this, please answer. Thanks in advance.

Somebody who can help me with this?

Terff

the unimportant
    Years
  • Does anyone happen to know the offset for the whole champion event for leaf green? I can't seem to find it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Hi. I'm working on a Pokemon Fire Red hack. I was wondering if in the introduction of the game I could have the character's name pre-chosen. Anybody know?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Hi. I'm working on a Pokemon Fire Red hack. I was wondering if in the introduction of the game I could have the character's name pre-chosen. Anybody know?

I think it can be done through scripting. I'm not sure yet, but I know that the rival can be changed to be whatever you want. Just go looking through some scripting tutorials.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    How do you change the Pokemon obtained from rock smash in Pokemon gold?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Is it possible to "stack" rombases? Ex. I have MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase patched into my FireRed Rom. If I download another rombase, say for tiles, can I patch it to the FireRed Rom and get both rombases to work?

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Still waiting for an answer.
    Playing either with a hex editor along with z80 asm opcode sheet, or red disassembly would be the answer (although not a particularly precise one).

But anyway, there is no high level scripting language in RBY. It's all about writing everything in straight asm language. In case you feel like trying (and this is no way an impossible task to do!), looking at the documentation in Skeetendo Inc. should help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    What is the offset for the Starter? Oak gives you a [pokemon1]. Where does [pokemon1] save?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back