• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    I just read somewhere that you can't edit oaks intro in leafgreen. Is this true? If so I'm going to be pissed.... lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I just read somewhere that you can't edit oaks intro in leafgreen. Is this true? If so I'm going to be pissed.... lol.

How do you want to edit the introduction? And why are you hacking LeafGreen instead of FireRed? They're pretty much the same except FireRed has much more support and documentation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    How do you want to edit the introduction? And why are you hacking LeafGreen instead of FireRed? They're pretty much the same except FireRed has much more support and documentation.

I started to hack leaf green because I was a huge newb at the time of the start of my project. (still am a newb, haha). I wanted to use leafgreen because you can't save firered through the start menu. (I wanted to put the rom in a flash cartridge so I thought I needed to be able to save through the menu).

Anyway, I'm decently far into this hack and decided to continue with it anyway.
    I want to edit oaks intro so that his text and his sprite are completely different. Also, I want to change the player and rival sprites too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I started to hack leaf green because I was a huge newb at the time of the start of my project. (still am a newb, haha). I wanted to use leafgreen because you can't save firered through the start menu. (I wanted to put the rom in a flash cartridge so I thought I needed to be able to save through the menu).

Anyway, I'm decently far into this hack and decided to continue with it anyway.
    I want to edit oaks intro so that his text and his sprite are completely different. Also, I want to change the player and rival sprites too.

If you really want to continue with it, it should be possible to edit the text and sprites for the introduction ,yes. It should be similar if not the same as FireRed, the offsets may differ.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I was testing my hack and I initiated a battle with a trainer. For some reason, whenever the battle started, the screen went black and never showed the battle. The music still plays, but the battle never starts and all I can do is reset. These trainer battles have all worked before, and I never edited the scripts since that point. What could be causing this?

This only seems to be happening for some trainers. It seems to be occurring for trainers with an ID under 131 at the moment, but I haven't finished testing. All the trainers look the same in A Trainer, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I can't find the emerald backsprite palettes and images anywhere in UNLZ or NSE .... anyone know them by chance?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    I decided to start my hack fresh with fire red because of all the support and data for it.
    Is there a specific rom base that I should start with, or should I just start with a clean rom?

Also if I want to implement the DNS would it be wiser to start with a clean rom?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I decided to start my hack fresh with fire red because of all the support and data for it.
    Is there a specific rom base that I should start with, or should I just start with a clean rom?

Also if I want to implement the DNS would it be wiser to start with a clean rom?

Know your taste. Everyone starts on a clean Fire Red rom. Look at the resources if you want your tiles to be change or whatsoever you want there to be added. Have an idea first. Learn from the tutorials then start creating your plot and ideas. It's better to have a note first before you just go and do it. DNS can be implement to clean or non-clean rom, it always depends if the game has already been implemented or not, I guess :P Haha.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I need to know how to have a Midi play two different instruments in one channel, like, go from Nylon Guitar to Percussive Organ.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Awesome tutorial man! It was so easy I got it on my first try! Thank you so much!

One question though;
    I inserted the same water into fire red as you did in ruby, and I was wondering how I could make the water look like it was moving/flowing like the standard water in game.

I tried adding the water behavior to it but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Hi all, total newb here!
    just started my first hack using fire red.
    Any1 know how to edit rival battles?
    Can you use a trainer if so how? thanks.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hi all, total newb here!
    just started my first hack using fire red.
    Any1 know how to edit rival battles?
    Can you use a trainer if so how? thanks.

Hi there
    first off, use jambo's trainer editor. It's pretty straightforward basically, you just edit the pokemon they have and items. to assign them to an NPC you have to create a script. I recommend using XSE to script and learning from diegoisawesome's xse tutorial. Don't learn from online videos, you'll just be lost in noobville for the rest of your eternity :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Awesome tutorial man! It was so easy I got it on my first try! Thank you so much!

One question though;
    I inserted the same water into fire red as you did in ruby, and I was wondering how I could make the water look like it was moving/flowing like the standard water in game.

I tried adding the water behavior to it but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?

Tile animations require more work than just regular tile inserting. You can use a tool like LU-HO's Animation Tileset Editor/ AnimEditor to overwrite old animations or insert new ones. I don't think it has actually been posted here on PC but you should be able to find it on Whack A Hack. Here's a basic overview tutorial of AnimEditor and I would suggest trying it out on some test ROMs before applying it to your game.

Years
  • Considering I'd like to create a Pokemon HeartGold hack, how did Spiky-Eared Pichu modify his HP Bars for Pokemon Dark Diamond exactly? I've bern thinking about hacking in my own custom HP Bars into Pokemon HeartGold Version.

Years
  • Alright for the ten billionth time:

Last time I had AMap 1.95, which I had little problem handling except for map connections. These were fixed, I think, by downgrading to 1.92 (which corrupts the ROM so I can't test map connections), but created a bunch more critical problems for me, such as creating new maps with custom names.

I'm still trying to give Route 16 a custom name. Under 1.95, this required a roundabout method, but after a bit of trial and error I figured out the problem and got it straightened out. However, it required a feature evidently exclusive to 1.95 which allowed you to edit the map header name outside of the ROM (in the "map files" section), and then insert it, which gave me no problem. Under 1.92, creating a new map creates it outside of the ROM, but I have to insert it - without a custom header name - so it loads as "Pallet Town" and I can't do anything to have it unique.

Can someone who knows what they're doing help me here?

(Update: Forgot my special method, and now being presented with an "access violation" error via what I thought it was.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Is it possible to change the amount of blocks in tileset 1? I can sucessfully change the amount on tileset 2, but it doesn't seem like A-Map 1.5 have an option allowing you to do the same for tileset 2.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    I wonder to know if it's possible to only make pokes with 3 iv's in 31, as safari zone in x/y, i know it has to be i asm but someone konw how to do it??? this in FR of course

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back