• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Da_Green_Teddy said:
    How the Heck can the Nidoking family have egg moves if they're always male?

That's a good question. Bear in mind, however, that Nidoking and Nidoqueen (and all previous evolutions) have the same egg moves.

However, when a Nidoqueen has an egg, with whoever, the chances of either a Nidoran male or Nidoran female is 50% for each. So, it is possible to breed a male Nidoran with egg moves this way.

I'll give an example to clarify. Say you wanted to breed Take Down (an Egg move for Nidoking) onto a baby Nidoran male. A good choice for breeding would be Growlithe or Arcanine, since Growlithe learns Take Down by levelling up, and is also in the same egg group.

So, you breed a male Growlithe/Arcanine, with a Nidoran female, Nidorina or Nidoqueen. The chances of a Nidoran male hatching are 50%, so if it doesn't work the first time, keep breeding until it does.

I hope that helps.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    Where can I find evolution stones?

You can win a sun stone from the Bug Catcher's Tournament above Goldenrod City. You must get 1st place to get a Sun Stone. The other stones can be retrieved by going to where Bill use to be. To get there, go north of Cerulean City and then go east. Bill's grandfather will be there. He will give you descriptions of a Pokemon, and you need to show him the Pokemon. You only get one stone of each type, so use them wisely.

credit to https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsfaq.html

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Ya know what?

I never liked the idea of these.

And I got permission for it to go away.

So farewell CPG Simple Questions! Freedom to make topics hath returned! ^_^

*lock*

*unstick*

Status
    Not open for further replies.