• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Make sure you have the latest version of VBA which is 1.7.2 last time I checked.

Open up the Cheat List.

Enter Gameshark and AR codes under the Gameshark button. 12 digit GSSP and CBA codes go under Codebreaker. The other ones are for modifiing the memory (which is how cheating works) by finding a memory value and editting it.

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Ok I beat the E4 and I'm at the daycare center on the Island. I gave them a Ditto and my Eevee and the man says they don't like each other. So I switched out the Eevee for my Charizard and he says the same thing. Will I still get an Egg? Or am I doing something wrong? Or forgetting something?

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
  • Are certain Pokemon not tradeable from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire? Like could I trade a Pidgey from FR/LG to Ruby/Sapphire?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Abusoru: Ignore what it says. You'll still get an egg, it'll just take more steps than usual.

Prylace: Anything can be traded between FRLG and RS. But first you have to defeat the Elite Four, get the National Dex, and help Celio get the Ruby and Sapphire plates in your FRLG cart frist. Read the FAQ or the Sevii Islands Walkthrough (FRLG section) in my site to deal with that.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Which Legendaries are in FR/LG(That are catchable! It does me absolutly no good if I cant get ahold of them without a cheat device or event of some kind. Example: Deoxys) Oh, yeah, is Mew in the english version of FR/LG? (I remember reading one of the threads a few months ago, and I saw something on how if somebody hacked into the coding of the game, they could possibly unearth the code for Mew, or find out how to get Mew without using a code...) I hope he's in there. My last question is if Celebi is in the english version of FR/LG...

Surely somebody has to be in there!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-oh and Lugia are all catchable in FRLG.

Mew is only available in Emerald, and Celebi has only been given out in Japan as of now.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Mr Cat Dog said:
    Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-oh and Lugia are all catchable in FRLG.

Mew is only available in Emerald, and Celebi has only been given out in Japan as of now.

Mew is in Emerald? So, Emerald is actually worth getting even though it is just the exact same as R/S? Something IS NOT right here. There has to be something about Emerald that makes it so much better... so what gives? What is it about Emerald thats so different from R/S?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It has Mew... It has the Battle Frontier in which is a whole new experience in itself. You can catch more Sudowoodo and Smeragle. It has some Kanto and Johto Pokemon in it. You can catch both Kyogre and Groudon, and Rayquaza BEFORE the Elite Four. New Gym Leader and Champion. New Gym Leader and Elite 4 teams. I could go on and on.

It's definitely a change from the Yellow/Crystal remakes of the originals. Emerald definitely seems to be better IMO ^_^

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
  • I've heard good things about Will-o-Wisp and I'm wondering why exactly..

Is there anything it does aside from consistant damage over time? Does the damage increase gradually like Toxic, or does it stay about the same?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It also halves the Attack power of Pokemon, meaning it can cripple Physical sweepers. Burning is not like Toxic in the sense you're thinking about. A burn slowly reduces HP and halves Attack power.

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • I want to raise my gengar's Sp attk to max, so i wanted to use a modifer code for an alakazam. I couldnt find any for Fr/Lg, so i traded it to my Ruby. THen i used an Alakazam code, and fought about 7 of level 5 Alakazam's with a macho brace, then checked my status, and nothing changed. Whats wrong? Do i need to Battle a different pokemon? And can you give me 5 Pokemon that will give me 3 Ep's so i can use them?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    KaeL said:
    I want to raise my gengar's Sp attk to max, so i wanted to use a modifer code for an alakazam. I couldnt find any for Fr/Lg, so i traded it to my Ruby. THen i used an Alakazam code, and fought about 7 of level 5 Alakazam's with a macho brace, then checked my status, and nothing changed. Whats wrong? Do i need to Battle a different pokemon? And can you give me 5 Pokemon that will give me 3 Ep's so i can use them?
    EVs don't actually go onto the stats themselves until you gain a level. If you can't gain a level, use the Box Trick that was used in the old GSC days.

Prylace said:
    I've heard good things about Will-o-Wisp and I'm wondering why exactly..

Is there anything it does aside from consistant damage over time? Does the damage increase gradually like Toxic, or does it stay about the same?
    Like CatDog said, it halves the attack power or lowers the attack power of the inflicted Pokemon by 3 stages. This is especially good on Weezing since it already has superb defenses and lowering your opponent's attack power would make it even better.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Kai? said:
    Im preety sure I saved it my my computer im tring to get up on my name here. Im a youngerster here sorry. :tired:

I take it your talking about the one in your sig...well I think the only way you can do it is make an acount at photobucket and save the picture there. Once you do that then go to your control panel, edit signature, and there should be a link at the top that says insert image, click that and put in the link to the pic at that it says at photobucket.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Stick it in a box (A PC box...) for a while then withdraw it.

As for why it gained so little..ask Frostweaver...not me. I cheat to get my EVs.

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • Ok, thanx. NOw is it after i kill alakazams then put it in the box? or can i just stick it and leave it for a bit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    If you just stick it in there with no EVs gained it'll do nothing. That trick is meant for Pokemon who are at level 100 with no EVs that can't level up anymore. You should be able to get your EVs normally just by fighitng Zams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back