• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • You cannot transfer/trade from BW to DPPT/HGSS, but you can transfer Pokemon from DPPt/HGSS via the PokeShifter.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    well i don't have black/white, but out of curiosity are you able to trade/transfer pokemon from HG/SS/DP?

In addition to what Sydian said, with the PokéShifter you are able to migrate the Pokémon over. It's very similar to DPPt's Pal Park but with an improved way including a mini-game. But take note that you won't be able to transfer Pokémon over that have a held item since items such as Soul Dew aren't available in B/W.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    so, hows the pokeshifter work?
    is it somethin that plugs into the ds that comes wiith the games, do you buy it separate, or what?

Rain

Years
  • so, hows the pokeshifter work?
    is it somethin that plugs into the ds that comes wiith the games, do you buy it separate, or what?
    You need two DS's and they will connect together by using the DS Download Play option.
    You don't need to buy anything extra unless you only have one DS.

Years
  • so, hows the pokeshifter work?
    No, you need a fourth generation game and a second DS to use it. Here is more info: https://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

edit: okay I guess I was too slow with replying...
    Has there been any confirmation as of yet that the Dream World will be accessible for everybody?
    I'm not sure what you mean, the dream world is accessible for everyone who has a game and can go online with their DS. Or were you talking about it being available for the non Japanese versions of the games once they are released?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • No, you need a fourth generation game and a second DS to use it. Here is more info: https://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

edit: okay I guess I was too slow with replying...

I'm not sure what you mean, the dream world is accessible for everyone who has a game and can go online with their DS. Or were you talking about it being available for the non Japanese versions of the games once they are released?
    I meant, if there going to be an English website for the Dream World?

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • I just thought. And a quick search has thrown up nothing.
    Can you get the Notched Ear Pichu as seen in Pokemon HG/SS in Pokemon BW maybe by the pokeshifter?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I just thought. And a quick search has thrown up nothing.
    Can you get the Notched Ear Pichu as seen in Pokemon HG/SS in Pokemon BW maybe by the pokeshifter?

Notched ear Pichu cannot be transfered over to any other games once it's on a game cartridge. So no, it can't be transfered over D:

In addition to what Sydian said, with the PokéShifter you are able to migrate the Pokémon over. It's very similar to DPPt's Pal Park but with an improved way including a mini-game. But take note that you won't be able to transfer Pokémon over that have a held item since items such as Soul Dew aren't available in B/W.

Adding moar information <: In addition to not being able to hold held items, both games must be of the same region. Meaning roms on R4's won't work. :( so unless you have a genuine japanese copy of Black or White, and a Genuine japanese copy of the 4th generation games, you won't be able to shift.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Is the PokeShifter (or whatever you use to send a shiny beast to BW) region locked?

Perriechu

Years
  • Is the PokeShifter (or whatever you use to send a shiny beast to BW) region locked?

For transferring the beasts and Celebi a different type of machine is used called the Transfer Machine. It works exactly like the PokeShifter however I don't think the region lock applies here. I've looked over the page detailing it on Serebii and it doesn't say anything about R.L

Transfer machine info and how to use it here, kthx

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, if it does let me transfer without region locks getting in the way (and even if that's a problem, I can easily trade a shiny Entei to my Japanese SoulSilver and then transfer it) since the Entei is English, would it still activate the Zoroark event in White?

Years
  • I've got a weird problem.

I was playing White, and was on top of the Victory Road, and went sliding down and down etc.

But when I went down, I fell in the mountain itself and now I can't get out. I can't move at all. I haven't got pokes with me that know Fly or can learn Fly..

I'm afraid I'm stuck there, does anyone know a solution?

Edit: Also, I can't see the player character..

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I've got a weird problem.

I was playing White, and was on top of the Victory Road, and went sliding down and down etc.

But when I went down, I fell in the mountain itself and now I can't get out. I can't move at all. I haven't got pokes with me that know Fly or can learn Fly..

I'm afraid I'm stuck there, does anyone know a solution?

Edit: Also, I can't see the player character..
    Are you playing a legimate copy of the game?

Years
  • Are you playing a legimate copy of the game?

Rom on R4 [25characterlimit.....]
    But never mind, I'll just use PokeSav, and teach Crimgan Fly.

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of it:
    Simple Questions

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • Rom on R4 [25characterlimit.....]
    But never mind, I'll just use PokeSav, and teach Crimgan Fly.

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of it:
    Simple Questions

Yup, thats hacked :| You have walk through walls code on. I did it once -.-

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • So with the pokeshifter.Is there any way to transfer the Gen 3 pokemon over to B/W.Say if you had a old Nintendo ds lite?

Perriechu

Years
  • So with the pokeshifter.Is there any way to transfer the Gen 3 pokemon over to B/W.Say if you had a old Nintendo ds lite?

How do you mean? Straight from the GBA game? If so, no. Migrate them, then shift them over.

However, before doing so, both 4th gen and 5th gen games have to be the same region, meaning unless you don't have a legit Japanese copy of the 4th gen games you can't shift.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Ah,okay.I was just woundering thou for when Black and white is released.Ill have to take my Gen 3 pokemon migrate them to Platinum and then pokeshift platinum to black or white.Correct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back