• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • With the Dream World, can we obtain non-Unova Pokemon before defeating the E4?

Actually it is possible to have them, I had a Tailow obtained from the DW on my first run through of Black, so whoever said no, it's yes ;3

Are those open before the first time facing the E4?

No, the place Sydian is on about is only available after the E4. Try grinding in V-Road or the place just before that, Route 10/11 iirc.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Are those open before the first time facing the E4?

No. If you haven't beated the E4 yet, training in the Nimbasa City Sports Dome. It worked for me :) You can battle like 15 traines a day, and there are 2 buildings in total. (But I suppose you already knew that)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    How Big is it?

Is the region large compared to the others? I'm assuming it would being based on new york and western civilisation. Also is the story better than others, plus is it long? I remember getting up to liike 70 hours on diamond, after the elite four.

Perriechu

Years
  • It is actually quite long, but then again it's very short, it all depends on the player and how fast you go through the story, I played it slowly and it took me 5 weeks D:

But that was my first time playing a Japanese game... and I refused to look at walkthroughs ~

Being based on NY and WC has nothing to do with how a big a game would :s

IMO the story is great but not better than others, I still like Platinum's story better.

Pops

"Jolly good show!"
    Years
  • Pretty long, Im playing black english trans. on my Acekard.

You might get quite annoyed with Huin city's bridge, IT'S VERY LONG. But, it's nice and 3D.

I have just gotten the the 3rd badge, and I'm on route 4 now, and I ran in the

grass for a sec, and I go into a wild battle, but whenever I try to attack, it

takes me to attack descriptions? Please help? Heres a link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2ltD1dXQU&feature=youtube_gdata

Thanks in advance

-Pops :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Perriechu

Years
  • Thats because it's a rom, someone who's made the rom, (I mean all the fixes and such) has probably screwed up somewhere along the line, and that screw up found you at route 4.

So yeah there's a few lessons.

1) - Don't use ROMS, Or if you do, use Roms that actually work & are good.
    2) - Buy the game.

Simple really, Roms that have been tampered with to play aren't really reliable.

Years
  • It's not your fault really. I have the Project Pokemon one as well, and dragonomega sometimes people want to test out a game before they bought it, and giving $70 is pretty retarded. Don't be so quick to judge, as I will buy White on the 4th.

Also, Pops, the Flash card may be damaging or not adjusting to your DS, so it may be trying to do that but somethings turned out wrong.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    In my opinion not as long as the others. I only say this because theres really no back tracking like in the other pokemon games(what i mean by this is a route is not block off forceing you to take a different routte which eventually leads you back to the route you werent able to go to in the first place) But i agree being based on NY( or anyplace based outside japan) would effect the map type and size and it does kinda

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Unova in its entirety is fairly smaller than Sinnoh and Hoenn, while bigger than Johto and Kanto. There are less routes overall, but most of the routes are actually pretty long. The eastern half of Unova is only explorable post-E4, though; the amount which is explorable pre-E4 is around as big or even smaller than Kanto. Unova is also fairly linear; there's virtually no backtracking involved.

As far as the story goes, it's a bit deeper, and dare I say... more "mature", I guess. I personally think it sounds pretty cool based off of the summaries I've read; just don't expect anything revolutionary or mind-blowing, though, or you'll be disappointed. It's not that much better or different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is the region large compared to the others? I'm assuming it would being based on new york and western civilisation. Also is the story better than others, plus is it long? I remember getting up to liike 70 hours on diamond, after the elite four.

As our guidelines say...

Having more than one intention for a thread is bad, too. For example; "Music and Items discussion" won't work well because it is more than one topic, which will cause discussion to be more likely to go off-topic.

If you made a thread like "Do you think the storyline is long enough?", that would be fine because it isn't clashing with other possible discussion.

Anyway, this seems more like a question rather than anything else. So if anyone else has anything to add, they can comment here.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Let's say you don't have wi-fi for the DS. The article said:
    The C-Gears only wi-fi feature: Game Sync.
    I have internet, but it won't work for my DS. So...will I be able to enter the dream world?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back