• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah I Agree With You But It Is A Real Glitch In The Game Like Nitendo Acually Said It Is Not Cheating It Is A Glitch Ppl Does The Missingo Glitch In R/b And It Is Not A Cheat If I Were To Cheat I Would Go Out And Wast My Money On An Action Replay And Cheat That Way But I Dont Want An Action Replay

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can rationalize it all you want. It's your game. To me, taking advantage of a glitch is the same as cheating.

Anyways, this is off topic and becomming spam. Try the E4 thing if you want.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If you are playing FireRed, look at post above yours. If you are playing LeafGreen, look in the Icefall Cave on Four Island. It is Rare, so it will only show up about 10% of the time, iirc.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can only find Smeargle in Emerald, and there is no "reward" for beating the E4 a certain amount of times. I have seen people claim that things happen, but I have yet to see any kind of documented actual proof.

erroll

Rogue Monkey
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2006
    how do you get the second password for team rockets warehouse on five island in leafgreen?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    You evolve Golbat into Crobat by making it happy. You do that by giving it lots of items or you could go to Gary's sister (if it's FR/LG) and have her groom your Golbat for you. DO NOT make your Pokemon faint or give it one of those bitter medicines. It should evolve while leveling up.

I hope that helped you, bonjo.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You have to get its Happiness rating over 220. When you catch Zubat or Golbat, your Poke starts off with a Happiness rating of 50-99. I give it a range because I haven't been able to spend enough time getting an exact amount. I do know that whenever you trade a Poke from one cart to another, its rating is reset to 70. Now, in order to find out where your Golbat's Happiness rating is at, go talk to your rival's sister in Palet Town. I only have the phrases for RSE, but I am pretty sure that when she says "It adores you. It can't possibly love you any more. I even feel happy seeing it", it's Happiness is almost maxed and it will evolve. Generally, I will stop when it says "It seems very happy. It obviously likes you a whole lot", since that means it is 200-249 and close to being able to evolve. I reserve the former for when I am going to have that Poke learn Return.

Now that you know what you need to do to evolve your Golbat, l will cover how. The first thing you need is a Soothe Bell. It is a hold item found by using the Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was standing in Pokemon Tower (Fuschia City). What it does is increase the Happiness your Poke receives by 50%. Here are some ways to increase your Pokes Happiness:

Walk 256 steps: +1 for all Happiness values
    Give Vitamins: +5 in 0-99, +3 in 100-199, +2 in 200 and over
    Level Up: +5 in 0-99, +3 in 100-199, +2 in 200 and over
    Important battle: +3 in 0-99, +2 in 100-199, +1 in 200 and over

Now, there are also things that make your Poke lose Happiness. All deal with giving your Poke any of the bad-tasting herb heal items. Avoid them at all costs. The other thing that reduces is having your Poke faint. It will drop 1 point for each instance.

There are also some myths about Happiness that just aren't true. The following myths do not affect Happiness in any way:

- Healing a weak Poke
    - Giving it a hold item (not called Soothe Bell)
    - Putting a Poke in the PC
    - Winning wild Poke battles
    - Letting a Poke's HP fall into the red
    - Walking around when your Poke has a status effect.

The last thing that can affect Happiness can only be found in Emerald. Feeding a Poke any of the berries (21-26) will increase their Happiness rating. Again, I have not spent enough time to calculate at what rate a berry increases Happiness, but it definitely works. Unfortunately, it is only attainable in Emerald though.

Follow these steps and you should be able to evolve your Golbat in no time. Good luck.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    To prevent any further questions like this, here are the Pokes that evolve by raising their Happiness rating above 220:

#042 Golbat >>> #169 Crobat
    #113 Chansey >>> #242 Blissey
    #133 Eevee >>> #196 Espeon
    #133 Eevee >>> #197 Umbreon
    #172 Pichu >>> #025 Pikachu
    #173 Cleffa >>> #035 Clefairy
    #174 Igglybuff >>> #039 Jigglypuff
    #175 Togepi >>> #176 Togetic
    #298 Azurill >>> #183 Marill

Please refer to my previous post on how to increase a Poke's Happiness rating.

erroll

Rogue Monkey
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2006
    complete 6 island? i unlocked the unowns and caught one but i'm not sure what to do now

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The Unown are found on Seven Island, not Six Island. Six Island is where the Sapphire gem is (Ruin Valley) and it is also where the scientist will steal it right before you get it and then rush off to Five Island. He does give you the second password though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back