• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Whether or not you beat the E4 with your starter has no bearing on whether or not you can catch a Legendary dog. Your dog is chosen when you choose a starter. Once you get the 8th badge, you can catch your LD even before going to the E4.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I think the truck is still there, but you cannot do anything with it. Apparently GF went to great lengths to make sure there was no way to get Mew by any other means than paying money for a cheat device or going to one of their events.

edit: grammar

Milosh

The Twilight Rose
    Years
    Actually i have another question. in the Sevii islands. island 6. or whatever one has the battle tower.

There is a house and inside is an old person and what looks to be a bunch of boxes in front of a door way. What is that for?

When ever i tried to do anything to it I get the line 'you feel a nice breeze coming from somewhere' or something along those lines.

Anyway this is buggin the heck outa me cause i cant figure out what to do with this.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is where you can play some games with another person who has a wireless controller. I cannot remember how to unlock it (LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL comes to mind, but I cannot say for certain), but that is what is behind the door.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    charazard said:
    if i beat elite four with out by stater in party. like i beat elite four with out my blastoise in my party. can i still catch raikou.
    Actually you have to get the National Pokedex (catch 60 Pokemon then talk to Professor Oak) then it should be running (unless you have to go to One Island and find the Ruby).
    Milosh said:
    Actually i have another question. in the Sevii islands. island 6. or whatever one has the battle tower.

There is a house and inside is an old person and what looks to be a bunch of boxes in front of a door way. What is that for?

When ever i tried to do anything to it I get the line 'you feel a nice breeze coming from somewhere' or something along those lines.

Anyway this is buggin the heck outa me cause i cant figure out what to do with this.
    Use an E-Reader, scan a certain card (can't remember which one) then you should be able to battle a trainer.
    Milosh said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... I have an age old question ... Is the truck still there in Fire Red and Leaf Green?

You know what I mean, near the SS Ann. Or did the people working on the project leave it out cause it had no perpose in these versions?
    There should be a Lava Cookie there but if you want Mew the event is this year.

Last edited:

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    but where can my suicune be found in my leaf green... ive been EVERYWHERE!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    sleazel said:
    but where can my suicune be found in my leaf green... ive been EVERYWHERE!
    it appears randomly in the kanto region like lati@s

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    latias & latios apper randomly too? so which one do i save my master ball for?

& do you have any hints on how to make them (above & suicune) easier to find at all?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    sleazel said:
    latias & latios apper randomly too? so which one do i save my master ball for?
    no it appears like them...but they arent catchable in frlg...
    oh use a lvl 39 pokemon and a max repel..

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    oh ok i get it... so i only need my master ball for him...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    you could but i used mine on mewtwo.. im lazy like that xP
    after the first time i found suicune i let it run.. got myself a higher lvl pokemon and turned on and off the gba until it was in the same area... whitled its health down to red, encountering it about 6/7 times..
    finaally when its health went red i put it to sleep on the final time i saw him and threw balls like mad!!!!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    yea they can but im not sure it itll say hatched in fushia city or safari zone...
    ive done it but released em since they werent shiny *scratches head*

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I Cannot For The Life Of Me Get My Leafgreen & My Emerald To Connect. I Have ALl The Items & The level 2 link with hoenn region in leaf green, & i beat the elite four & whatnot in emerald... AND - Ive used 2 diff link cables & 3 different gameboys to try different combos... but they will not connect... i dont understand

some one plz help me tell me something i couldve missed

____ said:
    no it appears like them...but they arent catchable in frlg...
    oh use a lvl 39 pokemon and a max repel..

why lvl 39 pokemon & a max repel - what will that do for me?

Last edited:

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Have you obtained the National Dex in Emerald?

If so, what message exactly are you getting when you try to connect? That could tell you whether the problem is something you haven't done in the games or something wrong with the cable.

Since Lati@s is at LV 40, a Max Repel with a LV 39 Pokemon in the front slot of your party should repel all (most) Pokemon LV 39 and under, but if Lati@s is there it will show up.

Croconaw

Herro dere :3 can i help youz?
    Years
    What happens when you beat FR/LG. What i mean by that is, what happens when u have all the pkm? Do you get new starters like on emerald? Because i beat emearld, and got a Totodile.

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    Lil totodile said:
    What happens when you beat FR/LG. What i mean by that is, what happens when u have all the pkm? Do you get new starters like on emerald? Because i beat emearld, and got a Totodile.
    Yeah, like Agent9 said you get a kind of certificate you can print out with a gameboy printer (if you happen to have one).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back