• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Yes, it's possible to get a female Eevee from the mansion. Just keep trying.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    does any 1 know a good place to train level 60-70 pokemon besides the elite 4, see... i trade all my good but weak pokemon to fire red from my emerald (because gamefreak made emerald trainers to weak) and i can get my pokemon to somewere between 60 to 70 on 7 island but after that it begins to take forever to level up, it took a long time to get blastoise to lv 90 on seven island, and i find the elite 4 to bothersome. please help me.
    Nothing in FRLG compares to the Weak5. You earn at least 72,056 Exp Points every time you go through it. That is battling 5 trainers and a total of 26 Pokes. The best you can do outside of that is Cooltrainer Leroy in Sevault Canyon. Every time you battle him, you only earn 10,500 Exp Points. After that, you have to either ride around for 100 steps to battle him again, or battle a couple other trainers there that will net you less Exp Points. So, not does the W5 give you a lot more Exp POints, but it is also faster and gives you a TON more cash.

You can actually earn more Exp Points quicker in Emerald, if you have access to another GBA and an RSE cart. What you do is make a Secret Base on both carts, and fill your non-Emerald (or the one that you don't have your target Pokes in) team with Lv80-100 Pokes, depending on the levels of your target Pokes. You then mix records and the SB location on your other cart can now be found on your Emerald. Go there with your target Pokes and you do a battle against those other Pokes once per day. That said, after you battle, you can fly back to the Pokemon Center, mix records again, and then battle again. That gives you unlimited battles against Lv80-Lv100, earning the most Exp Points possible, where each battle will only take a few minutes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2007
    Five Island Team Rocket Warehouse (we're stuck)

Hello everyone,

My son and I are stuck at Five Island at the Team Rocket Warehouse trying to get through that tortuous arrow puzzle.

We're going in circles and we can't figure out what we're supposed to do to get to the scientist in the upper right hand corner.

If anyone could please provide a step by step way through this puzzle you'd make a seven year old and his confused father very happy.

You walk in...there are arrows to the left....

...and then what?

Thanking you in advance!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Thankfully, I just went through this myself and wrote it all down so my youngest son would be able to follow it since he is getting close to there, himself. My write-up also includes getting all the items, so it might be longer than normal. Here you go:

- Step on the only arrow you can (middle top right)
    - Step on the left arrow
    - Pick up the Item Ball (Up-Grade) and battle
    - Step on the left arrow and head straight up
    - Step on the bottom left arrow
    - Follow the path to get the Item Ball (Pearl) and go back to the last battle
    - Step on down arrow
    - Go left and get the Item Ball (Big Pearl)
    - Once again, go back to the last battle
    - Step on middle left arrow
    - Follow the path (avoid the arrows) to the northeast and then up to the Item Ball (TM36, Sludge Bomb)
    - Go south and battle
    - Go east and then north for another battle (Team Rocket Admin)
    - After beating her, she will switch one of the direction-forcers so you can leave, heal, and come back (if you have to).
    - Go north and pound on the other TR Admin dork.
    - Further north you will see the Scientist punk that ganked the Sapphire from you in Icefall Cave. Show him what happens when someone dares to cross you and he will cough up the Sapphire.

Done.

Years
    does thunder yellow version exsist? ive heard from some sources that it does, and other sources that it doesnt. can an accurate source tell me da truth? (feels really dum)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You cannot get the Rainbow Pass until you have the National Pokedex. The NP requires that you have owned at least 70 different species of Pokes.

Years
    I've recently been breeding Swinub so I can get proper movesets and natures. I've gotten them to the point where they hatch knowing Rock Slide and Earthquake, but my question doesn't concern movesets. My question concerns gender. Every Swinub born pops out female (I've hatched a lot because I'm going for a particular nature and not getting it), and I'm wondering if theres some factor that makes them all pop out a certain gender, despite the fact that Swinub is supposed to be 50/50.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've recently been breeding Swinub so I can get proper movesets and natures. I've gotten them to the point where they hatch knowing Rock Slide and Earthquake, but my question doesn't concern movesets. My question concerns gender. Every Swinub born pops out female (I've hatched a lot because I'm going for a particular nature and not getting it), and I'm wondering if theres some factor that makes them all pop out a certain gender, despite the fact that Swinub is supposed to be 50/50.

Have you been breeding by using Ditto?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2007
    theres an item in LG, forgot the name, that lets u refight certain trainers. wats it called and when do you get it???

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    can i do it before i battle misty n HOW???

Yes, after you see Bill, you will be able to visit Vermillion City. Go through the building that was blocked by the Policeman before, battle the Rocket and then go south to the underground tunnel that leads you to Vermillion City.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    There is no such factor. You have just been lucky enough to get a run of females. Well, unless of course you really need a male to continue a breeding chain, then it sucks. Buck up though, you will get a male soon enough. I would take this time to check the IVs of your females and release the weak links.

Years
    Oh, I don't mind getting females (though Piloswine is a little hairy to be a girl), I was just wondering if there was some reason that I seemed to be getting lots of females.

Years
    its probably cauz u own a lotta males, because i remember when my only pokemon was a male quilava, and my togepi hatched out female and u NO how hard that is, also, this happen w/ a squitle once. and i think the same goes 4 reverse, once i was catching a buncho females, and my igglybuff hatched out male. but this was in gold version (and emerald version) so... yeah.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No. Again, there is nothing that factors into male/female eggs other than the pre-determined male:female ratio. The game does not care how many male or female Pokes you have. When the steps are achieved, it does a calculation using the male:female ratio. He was just fortunate enough to get a bunch of females in a row. You should ALWAYS have a female of each species, if applicable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back