• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    whats the best type of pokemon because i like to have good moves up to about level 25 and hate waiting until like level 50 and i like fire pokemon alot so which fire pokemon learns flamethrower the earlyest ?
    There isn't a "best" type. One thing GF has worked hard at is trying to have a balance in the game as it relates to types. In the first generation, Psychics dominated. So when the second generation came out, they were scaled back and then they also added 2 new types that resisted Psychic attacks (Steel) and were immune to Psychic attacks altogether (Dark).

Each type has at least one good Poke that is worthwhile. I guess you could say that the best types are those that offensively are good and defensively have few weaknesses. Fire is both a plus and a minus. The plus is that its typing can take down most of the physical walls in the game. The HUGE minus is the fact that it is weak to the two most abused offensive move types in the game - Water and Ground. That makes Fire one of worst types in the game. Trainers are typically better off going with a Poke that has good base SAtk and a Fire-type move than an actual Fire-type that leaves them vulnerable.

As for Flamethrower, understand that it is a TM move. That means as long as your Fire-type can learn it, you can teach it whenever you want. You can even breed a male Poke with Flamethrower with a female that can learn Flamethrower and the baby will be born knowing Flamethrower. But, to answer your question, Vulpix naturally learns Flamethrower at the earliest level (Lv29).

Wow thanks for that. :) Do you know about how high a HR a Pokemon needs to evolve?

ok...i have a question...that was kinda of stupid. why else would i be here unless i have a question? ANY HOW, i have heard that by sending you game, via mail,to nintendo with $3.00 per game you can obtain tickets to the islands without going to the events. since there are no events were i live, i have no access to these islands. is this true or is it another hoax-like thingy, because if it isnt... i might consider doing this.
    If something seems too good to be true, it usually means that it is. I would contact Nintendo directly and see if that is true or not.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    I have an eevee on level 30 I've decided to evolve it into a vaporeon. What I wanted to know is what would be a nice moveset for it to take on the elite 4(name should be changed to the weak 4) .

I was thinking about

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Quick Attack
    Bite

LG_Rocket_FL

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    Vaporeon's attack score is a little low for quick attack, so I might go with something like Hydro Pump which it'll learn at 52, or something defensive, like Haze or Acid Armor. Those are all learned naturally, and there are plenty of good TM's.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    Vaporeon's attack score is a little low for quick attack, so I might go with something like Hydro Pump which it'll learn at 52, or something defensive, like Haze or Acid Armor. Those are all learned naturally, and there are plenty of good TM's.

I was going to give it

Hydro Pump
    Shadow ball ( maybe )
    Acid Armor
    Ice Beam

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Try:
    Water Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Phychic
    Thunderbolt (if possible)
    Vappy cant learn Psychic or Thunderbolt.
    I have an eevee on level 30 I've decided to evolve it into a vaporeon. What I wanted to know is what would be a nice moveset for it to take on the elite 4(name should be changed to the weak 4) .

I was thinking about

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Quick Attack
    Bite
    You could try what Shane said earlier about the different Eeveelutions and his moveset for Vappy.
    That really depends on what you want:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 222 HP / 176 Def / 16 SAtk / 96 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Surf / Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Wish

Vaporeon is the most rounded evo. It has a high base HP (130) that makes it VERY strong against special attacks and allows it to absorb physical hits better. It is also blessed with strong base SAtk (110) so a STAB Surf or an Ice Beam does good damage to all that doesn't resist it. One of its best strategies though is that it can pass very strong Substitutes to other Pokes in your team. Not only that, but it can use Wish to either heal itself or others in your team. My second favorite Eevee evo.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    I was going to do that but I can't trade with emerald so i can breed an eevee that knows wish.(my bro lost my emerald)

But what I wanted to try instead was

surf
    ice beam
    baton pass
    hydro pump

but thanks for the help as soon as I find my emerald I'll make that eevee

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I was going to do that but I can't trade with emerald so i can breed an eevee that knows wish.(my bro lost my emerald)

surf
    ice beam
    baton pass
    hydro pump

Oh I see.
    Well I'm not good with Vappy attacks, I rarely use it, but there is no need to place both Surf and Hydro Pump on Vappy. Its just a waste of a move to have two moves of the same type.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    anybody want to thouroghly explain ev training for me
    https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72415

The EV portion is the fourth part of that thread, but reading the whole thing will make you a better trainer.

surf
    ice beam
    baton pass
    hydro pump

You don't need Emerald to breed Wish onto Eevee, although it is the easiest way. You can also breed Togetic (you get a Togepi egg on Five Island) that knows Wish (Lv31) with a female Pikachu to get a male Pichu that knows Wish. Then you evolve Pichu into Pikachu and then breed it with a female Eevee and you will have a baby Eevee that knows Wish. Final moveset:

- Baton Pass
    - Substitute / Ice Beam
    - Surf / Ice Beam
    - Wish

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here is my response to the exact same question asked here a few pages back :

Nothing in FRLG compares to the Weak5. You earn at least 72,056 Exp Points every time you go through it. That is battling 5 trainers and a total of 26 Pokes. The best you can do outside of that is Cooltrainer Leroy in Sevault Canyon. Every time you battle him, you only earn 10,500 Exp Points. After that, you have to either ride around for 100 steps to battle him again, or battle a couple other trainers there that will net you less Exp Points. So, not does the W5 give you a lot more Exp POints, but it is also faster and gives you a TON more cash.

You can actually earn more Exp Points quicker in Emerald, if you have access to another GBA and an RSE cart. What you do is make a Secret Base on both carts, and fill your non-Emerald (or the one that you don't have your target Pokes in) team with Lv80-100 Pokes, depending on the levels of your target Pokes. You then mix records and the SB location on your other cart can now be found on your Emerald. Go there with your target Pokes and you do a battle against those other Pokes once per day. That said, after you battle, you can fly back to the Pokemon Center, mix records again, and then battle again. That gives you unlimited battles against Lv80-Lv100, earning the most Exp Points possible, where each battle will only take a few minutes.

LG_Rocket_FL

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    Anybody got suggestions for a moveset for an Eevee thats gonna stay an Eevee? My eeveelution team needs and Eevee for a full six, and I'm working on that right now since I can't get Umbreon or Espeon until I gank some jerk's gameboy for a few minutes to do some trading.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    My suggestion would be to use something else. Eevee is too weak (both offensively and defensively) to even be considered. If you want to use it because it is a sentimental favorite or you want to stay in the "Eevee" theme, that is your choice, but you are only limiting yourself. Personally, I would take out Eevee and Flareon and put in two better Pokes that will actually be able to compliment, or even support, the decent evolutions.

LG_Rocket_FL

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    Well, its just for a fun team that I'd use against friends and stuff. My team for serious competition is on Emerald, though I can't decide what to put in the last spot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back