• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    By popular demand, a Simple Questions thread for Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC). Ask all your questions that have to deal with Pokemon games : Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal here. From this point on all threads asking questions shall be closed and warranted to ask questions here.

Some sample simple questions are:
    (Anyone found answering these questions, will have their post deleted)

Where is Mew in Yellow?
    What is that tower in Lavender Town, now?
    I CAN'T FIND SUICUNE!!! WHERE IS IT? (It is preferred you not ask questions typed like this)

Begin asking questions, and thanks to all who answer them.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    In Crystal, the 2nd egg you get. (Odd Egg from the breeders.) It randomly hatches into one of the pre-evolutions, so far 3 of the ones I've hatched from that egg have been shiny. (I restart often, LOL.)

My question is this: What are the chaces that only that egg will hatch a shiny pokemon?

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
    In Crystal, the 2nd egg you get. (Odd Egg from the breeders.) It randomly hatches into one of the pre-evolutions, so far 3 of the ones I've hatched from that egg have been shiny. (I restart often, LOL.)

My question is this: What are the chaces that only that egg will hatch a shiny pokemon?
    There's actually a 50% chance of the egg being shiny.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You have to go to Route 25, where Bill's house is, and show his old man/gramps a Staryu (might be different in Silver) and he will give you a Water Stone. Remember that this is the ONLY Water Stone you get in the game.

Use it on Staryu.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Hmm....I wanted to evolve my Poliwhirl before the Elite 4...

p.s. thanks for the answer

Years
    i have some questions: if trade a shiny from GSC to RBY, then trade it back, will it retain it's shininess?
    if you trade a pokemon from RBY to GSC does it have a chance to be shiny?
    Do you have to catch Mew/Celebi in their respective games to finish you pokedex?
    Is there some reason you can't clone shinies? or is it just the Gyarados?

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
    Years
    gs135790 said:
    i have some questions: if trade a shiny from GSC to RBY, then trade it back, will it retain it's shininess?
    Yes.

if you trade a pokemon from RBY to GSC does it have a chance to be shiny?

Yes.

Do you have to catch Mew/Celebi in their respective games to finish you pokedex?

If you mean that if you need them to complete the Pokedex, then no.

Is there some reason you can't clone shinies? or is it just the Gyarados?

Not really sure on this, but I think it's because of the one in 1000(However many zeroes it is xD) chance

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I am not able to verify it right now, but IIRC the chance for a shiny baby from a shiny parent is 50%. Also, having both parents shiny does not increase the chance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2006
    The Hunk said:
    By popular demand, a Simple Questions thread for Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC). Ask all your questions that have to deal with Pokemon games : Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal here. From this point on all threads asking questions shall be closed and warranted to ask questions here.
    Is chaos blakc in that catagory?

Years
    dewaka said:
    The Hunk said:

Is chaos blakc in that catagory?
    No. That's a hack, isn't it? If so, ask the creator of the hack, not the people here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2006
    The Hunk said:

is chaos black in this catagory?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2006
    Sammi said:
    No. That's a hack, isn't it? If so, ask the creator of the hack, not the people here.

is chaos black not real? like its just been hacked and modified?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Chaos Black is a hack of a game - it's not an actual, official Pokemon game, in which case you don't ask about it in this part of the forum. o_o; Go look in the hacks area, which should tell you more about them.

enyce

banned
    Years
    yo with an emulator and gold and silver ROMS, would I be able to trade and battle with netplay?

Also, is it possible to be the trainer on top instead of on the bottom

Simple Questions

Thats an example, I want to be where silver is.... You look so ugly being on the bottom

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back