• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
Years
  • if i got a bonsly through action replay in pokemon xd, put it into emerald, THEN put it on diamond/ pearl would it be a bonsly still?

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • I am pretty sure that Bonsly will die if you try anything near that. Unless Nintendo made bonsly in xd, and emerald and held back on us. Then no it will not work at all. Bonsly is not registered in those games, it will just be corrupted data, maybe even mess up your game. Plus the action replay was the first mistake.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • if i got a bonsly through action replay in pokemon xd, put it into emerald, THEN put it on diamond/ pearl would it be a bonsly still?

it would treat bonsly as a shadow pokemon and not trade, or it could just make it into a sudowoodo, prolly the first one since the scripting wont just change when you trade a game unless it's supposed to evolve by trading

Absolitude

Years
  • I told you it would not register it, because it is not in the game. Your Bonsly is problably messed up for ever. I don't mean to sound so negative but i did tell you so. Now if i were you i would stop using AR, and just get a regular Bonsly and keep it in D/P.

Chibaymega12

Years
  • uhh... no, it made it a missingno with sceptile data. so still the same deal?

yeah, basically the same deal, except it traded and just treated it as a bug

i agree with absolitude, they're really not hard to find, route 209 if im not mistaken, ive got 3 bonsly 1 sudowoodo, no biggy

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    Yeah... a couple questions...

Can you name your rival? In R/S/E you couldn't, and it was disappointing, but in every other game you can... Can you in D/P?

What is level balancing?? I just read that it changes your levels when you trade... Does it change them back after you trade? Just how does it work... Why does it change them?

And whats with friend codes? Why can't we share them? Are they bad or anything?

And if you need Friend Codes, how does the public offer a pokemon and a poke you want trade go where everyone can see it? Or is that made up?

Thanks!
    Hip

Chibaymega12

Years
  • Yeah... a couple questions...

Can you name your rival? In R/S/E you couldn't, and it was disappointing, but in every other game you can... Can you in D/P?

What is level balancing?? I just read that it changes your levels when you trade... Does it change them back after you trade? Just how does it work... Why does it change them?

And whats with friend codes? Why can't we share them? Are they bad or anything?

And if you need Friend Codes, how does the public offer a pokemon and a poke you want trade go where everyone can see it? Or is that made up?

Thanks!
    Hip

You can name the blond haired dude but not the girl, her name is hikari, or if you choose the girl to play as, im not sure what the guy's name is

the levels dont change when you trade, i heard that was a false rumor, but im not sure

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • What is level balancing?? I just read that it changes your levels when you trade... Does it change them back after you trade? Just how does it work... Why does it change them?
    As far as I'm aware, level balancing only occurs in the Battle Tower. I dont think trading affects the levels at all.
    You can name the blond haired dude but not the girl, her name is hikari, or if you choose the girl to play as, im not sure what the guy's name is
    Kouki

Absolitude

Years
  • The levels only go to 100 when your battling. Read the posts on this page. Or if you need help i have it taken out of context right here. "When you go into wifi your pokemons Lvl gets boosted to lvl 100 so you can go in with a lvl 5 pikachu and in wifi itll be lvl 100 pikachu with whatever EVs and IVs it has." Friends codes aren't bad, they're just annoying to the general population of people. They are pre-made with your ds, and they are used when going wifi in games such as Pokemon D/P. You can only have 16 friends codes, meaning you can only have 16 friends. PC stresses that because in games like animal crossing:wild world you "friend" can come over and do things while your there, like harass you, and take your fruits. They just don't want people getting stalked, and harassed but it anoys us because where else are we gonna get friends codes from.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    But the lvl 100 pokemon will still have the same moves? Funny seeing a lvl 100 pikachu with thundershock :p

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    You actually get 32 friends, hehe just pointing it out, i wish i had 32 friends...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    Omg I just looked through the pokedex and do you guys think there are too many powerful pokemons in these versions? Esp the numbers after the two cover guys. It takes away the pride of using tactics instead of pure stats.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • Omg I just looked through the pokedex and do you guys think there are too many powerful pokemons in these versions? Esp the numbers after the two cover guys. It takes away the pride of using tactics instead of pure stats.

Well, those you mentioned ARE legendaries, so they're considered pretty cheap. But it's still guaranteed that little kids will be using Palkia with Strength and other nooby moves.

Chibaymega12

Years
  • Omg I just looked through the pokedex and do you guys think there are too many powerful pokemons in these versions? Esp the numbers after the two cover guys. It takes away the pride of using tactics instead of pure stats.

well thats partly waht makes dp so great!! Think, you wouldnt have anything to look foward to if they were all weak

Absolitude

Years
  • Well if you don't want little kids using nooby moves then just get more mature friends Xylitol. Your the one who chooses who i can be on your friends list, so i wouldn't be adding younger kids unless i wanted to. That's why i kinda like friends codes, they make sure that kids can't just chalenge you to a match, and then when it starts they start calling you a 'noob', and screaming bad words at you. But it would be a little better if they had it so you could just battle a random person in wifi.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    hehe, you can, i think its in battle tower or something but you are able to battle anyone on wifi, although ill mainly battle people i know, because theres to many cheaters in the world today.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Did anyone else notice the following?
    In the Forest Manor I went looking for a Ghost-type Pokemon of which I can't remember the name of anymore. I know you need the National Dex for that, but when you do a specific thing in there (no cheating!) at night I noticed a odd scene: when you enter the second last room from the right, and go to the middle of it, you see a girl (perhaps a 'ghost'?) leave the room at your right, the last one that is. This girl is nowhere to be found in the Manor afterwards. I just activated this 'event' for the second time.

I'm wondering about the meaning of this :S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back