• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
  • ~ Mudkip ~ said:
    I have a mudkip Lv 40 and a kecleon Lv 36/7/8 Tips for theses guys?

Kecleon's special defense is amazing. I would use him as your staller, and use his "lick" attack on both lunatone and solrock. Hopefully you'll get to paralyze them a couple of times. Only bad thing is his ability. If solrock uses flamethrower on him, and then lunatone uses rock throw, he'll be dead. You might want to consider a different route, imo.

Mudkip is good, although his unevolved form is going to run into trouble in a big hurry. If you're going to use him, teach him surf and hope for the best. but I seriously doubt he'll be able to pack a big enough punch to take out your enemies. The nice thing about surf, though, is that it hits both of 'em. That's why two Pogeys with surf makes an excellent choice for this gym. See if you can perhaps trade out the Kecleon, at least for these twins. :/

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
    Years
  • Mudkip's best bet really is surf, maybe if you're really lucky, you'll score a critical hit while powered up by torrent.
    Kecleon has a few moves that may work alright. Lick is decent for paralysis, but in a pinch, Astonish might be able to keep one pokemon flinched most of the time. If you could get something with a bit more offensive power, it would probably be a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Surf is a MUCH better attack. Higher accuracy, and also very strong. More PP too.

Hydro Pump < Surf

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    just wonderin when emerald comes out in uk? id buy it from ebay / internet but i want my vip points :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I *believe* It's coming out October. And that's about 85% accurate.

Last edited:

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    Battle Tower- Mad points there. For every 7 wins, the points increases... and when you beat salon maiden for the first time you get 15 straight off the bat...

7 consecutive- 1
    14 consecutive- 2
    21 consecutive- 3

and it keeps going like that :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    sorry, dumb question, but i finished mt. pyre and i already beat May at lilycove.. so now what? I still only have six badges but i seem to be stuck?? oh, i did however, discover the team aqua hideout east and north of lilycove.. but the team aqua member blocked the entrance so i can't go in.

how do i make them leave? do i have to join the pokemon contest? X_X i hope not cuz i kinda don't get the whole pokeblock and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2005
    Ozone Layer said:
    hey how I find the coin case
    i know it in Mauville city but I can't find it any where?

It's Easy,
    Just By A Harbor Mail for only 50 (in Slateport City), and trade it for a coin case at the first house (from Slateprt view) (A Little Girl (ALONE)

Isn't it Easy???

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i think u gotta use the wailmer pail thats what i heard try it and pm me if its true, hasnt been released in england >.<

Jirachi
    Succesfully get all 200 pokemon(excluding the Kanto and Johto.Also Jirachi and
    Deoxys.)Talk to the game designer in Lilycove to get a small hunt for Jirachi.

is this quote true for emerald?

Last edited:

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • *waves hand in the air* I have a questioooooooon! XD OK, I have the LG version of Pokemon, which as you know, comes with the Wireless Adaptor. Now, I'm also going to buy Emerald, which also comes with the Wireless Adaptor.

OK, now here's the thing. XD Can I use my wireless adaptor for LG on my Ruby version to trade with my Emerald version using its wireless adaptor? Or do I need a trade game link cable thing to trade with my Emerald and Ruby versions?

Thanks for any help...XD

~Kelsey

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back