• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Hmmm...you shouldn't make Deoxys an egg. In the Calc, look for the option Egg Flag. It's somewhere under the shiny/pokerus stuff. If it's checked, the pokemon you want will first be an egg, if it is unchecked it'll just appear in your PC as a fully developed whatever based on what you entered in for it's stats.

I never knew bad eggs hatch...I thought they would never hatch.

goku12

Champion of Norath
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    Hmmm...you shouldn't make Deoxys an egg. In the Calc, look for the option Egg Flag. It's somewhere under the shiny/pokerus stuff. If it's checked, the pokemon you want will first be an egg, if it is unchecked it'll just appear in your PC as a fully developed whatever based on what you entered in for it's stats.

I never knew bad eggs hatch...I thought they would never hatch.
    Well, I took off the egg flag, and it still gave me a bad egg and it kept giving me more.One more thing,you know when you get the codes,after you press"samples to codes",it says"It is making noises,it is about to hatch",and when it hatches, well you know.Oh,and the pokemon calc. dosen't work anymore.

Last edited:

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • Hey, sorry to bother ya, but I have a level 15 Wynaut, and I can't remember the name of the hold-item, that a pokemon holds so it doesn't evolve. Ie: so I don't have to click B every level up, it just doesn't evolve.
    Whats that Item called again? And is it available in Sapphire?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Everstone. You can get one in the Granite Cave or whatever the cave by Dewford is called. It's not one of those items that look like a Pokeball on the ground. It's a rock and you get it by pressing 'A' on the rock.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You can't catch a fully eovlved Wailord. You have to evolve one...just use rare candies or something...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's free isn't it? I have one to test all the codes I get from the Calculator since I can paste them right on so I don't waste my time entering a code that doesn't work. I forgot where I downloaded my VBA though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Get them using AR or GSSP. Or if you don't have one, use Zigzagoons's special ability (Pick-Up) and fight those Pokemon that holds rare cnadies and the Ziggys will just steal the candies for you...I forgot which pokemon has the cnaides though.

Solid Reptile

Grass Pokemon Master
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    You can't catch a fully eovlved Wailord. You have to evolve one...just use rare candies or something...

rare candy's are as bad as f*ck

you wont get the stats from 1 level up that u would actually get after fighting and get 1 level up :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Solid Reptile said:
    rare candy's are as bad as f*ck

you wont get the stats from 1 level up that u would actually get after fighting and get 1 level up :(

That won't matter if you know how to gain EVs. When you level up, you gain a base amount of stats, plus additional stats from EVs. If you use Rare Candies to level up you just gain the base amount of stats and only that. But that won't matter cause you can just go fight wild Pokemon and gain the EVs back, so in the end, if you compared 2 of the same pokemon at level 100 (one leveled up using Rare Candies and the second by training), with same personality, same IV/DVs, and with the same amount of EVs in each stat, they would both be the same and equal in power.

BTW: You shouldn't swear. You're not suppose to swear, including using other letters/symbols to bypass the censor.

Solid Reptile

Grass Pokemon Master
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    That won't matter if you know how to gain EVs. When you level up, you gain a base amount of stats, plus additional stats from EVs. If you use Rare Candies to level up you just gain the base amount of stats and only that. But that won't matter cause you can just go fight wild Pokemon and gain the EVs back, so in the end, if you compared 2 of the same pokemon at level 100 (one leveled up using Rare Candies and the second by training), with same personality, same IV/DVs, and with the same amount of EVs in each stat, they would both be the same and equal in power.

BTW: You shouldn't swear. You're not suppose to swear, including using other letters/symbols to bypass the censor.

if you say so.. are there people who say he's right?

cause is compared two of the same pokemon

1 leveled up using rare candy's

and 1 by hard training

and they where not equal

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Solid Reptile said:
    if you say so.. are there people who say he's right?
    cause is compared two of the same pokemon
    1 leveled up using rare candy's
    and 1 by hard training
    and they where not equal

'Sigh' :sleeping: ...if you actually read my post, you would've read that more than just the level change stats. There are about 16 hidden values that change stats (which includes the EV/IV/DV values I mentioned in my post somewhere up there) and there's personality, which increases 1 stat by 10 percent and decreases another by 10 percent. You know what...just read the Advanced Trainer Guide for Training Pokemon : To Maximize the Strength of Your Team posted by frostweaver. It's one of the stickys.

starmie fighter

DESU TIME YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
    Years
  • HowlingWolves said:
    Where can you find an already evolved Wailord, I don't want to raise a Wailmer because I don't like Wailmer, or wailord, I need him to catch the Regis.
    surf down from mossdeep till you can go down no further andkeep surfing around that route (129 i think) then wailord should apear (about 1 out of 100 though)

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
  • Route 128, actually. Not sure how to catch it (whether u hafat surf, or fish, or w/e) but according to the Pok?dx, it's there

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back