• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2004
    help me, i don't know how to get to the 4th gymleader: i cant get through the gym
    i already tried it a 100 times!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2004
    :disappoin help me, how do i get through the 4th gym? :disappoin

:'( i tried it for weeks and i still cant do it :'(

:sleeping: -x- me :sleeping:

Years
    If I'm right, the fourth is the fire one. Now, if you really have problems, choose Mudkip. If not, catch a magikarp and rare candy it... And dont double post.

Conscience

The Voice Of Treason.
    Years
    If you are talking about the teleporters/pool of water(s?) the combonation to get to flannery is left, left, top left, up, middle left, up, top right, right, bottom left, down. She then fights with two slugmas ( both 26 ) and a torkoal (28 or 29 if i remember right) . She uses overheat alot so be carefull.
    Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2004
    bna_li said:
    If I'm right, the fourth is the fire one. Now, if you really have problems, choose Mudkip. If not, catch a magikarp and rare candy it... And dont double post.

yeah you're right, its the fire gym. and thanks for your help but i mean how to get to the gymleader, there's mist in the gym, and i dont see where i walk

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    pokefreaky said:
    yeah you're right, its the fire gym. and thanks for your help but i mean how to get to the gymleader, there's mist in the gym, and i dont see where i walk
    very sure you're playing with a ROM then. To fix this problem, you simply fiddle around with the emulator options. It's not the gym that's "difficult," but this is a technical problem.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2004
    I have questions: (mainly about shiny pokemon)
    1) If you do the shedinja thing with a shiny nincada will shedinja be shiny?
    2) What are the odds of finding a wild shiny
    3) If you've tried this how long did you take to find a shiny kyogre.

(Oh yeh and if anyone wants to know the easiest way to catch kyogre use a shedinja with false swipe as kyogre can't hit him.)

P.S. Before I restarted my game (in order to write a walkthrough) I managed to catch Rayquaza after only 2 ultra balls. 2! Oh yeah and also I didn't know about the masterball the first time round so i didn't collect it lol.

P.S.S Do you think anyone would mind if I nicked some of the questions from this topic for an FAQ section?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    1) hmm... on theory it should be shiny as well. The secret "shiny number" (it's used to be determined by IV but not anymore) stays the same when a Pokemon evolves (that's why when say a shiny trapinch evolves, you have a shiny vibrava). The same goes for Pokemon using stones too so I suppose this case it will be the same as well.

2) forgot exaclty number... sorry... but less than 0.1%

3) The chance for seeing all shiny version of a Pokemon is the same... a test is done with Metang before. We can compare the Metang test with Kyogre. You can simply save your game in front of them, reset and try again if it isn't shiny (and so on). Since they're both "capturable" in the same manner, Kyogre should also take another 80 HOURS to make it shiny. You can have a lot of better things to do...

As for picking up questions from here on to a FAQ, it'll depend on your FAQ. If it's a FAQ for our instituition, I don't think it'll matter much as you can just pick it out as long as you say "some of the questions are from this thread." However if it's your own faq submitted elsewhere... you have to state source (www.pokecommunity.com), who asked the questions and who answered it, AND also if both the question asker and answer-er allows you to take it too. Technically that's the way how it should be done, but of course we're all lazy creatures and never do anything legal.... o.o;

HowlingWolves

Konnichiwa!
    Years
    1.On Sapphire do you get Latios or Latias, I forget?
    2.what level is that latios or Latias on Sapphire?
    3.and how long does it take to find which ever one :( I getting sick of waiting :(
    4.Oh yeah, and is the Latios/Latias like Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, it reappears over and over until you faint it or catch it, or is a one appear one chance pokemon?
    5.And what elements are Latios and Latias?
    6. Where do you get a shelgon? does it evolve from another pokemon? if so what? and does Shelgon evolve into salamence?

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    HowlingWolves said:
    1.On Sapphire do you get Latios or Latias, I forget?
    2.what level is that latios or Latias on Sapphire?
    3.and how long does it take to find which ever one :( I getting sick of waiting :(
    4.Oh yeah, and is the Latios/Latias like Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, it reappears over and over until you faint it or catch it, or is a one appear one chance pokemon?
    5.And what elements are Latios and Latias?
    6. Where do you get a shelgon? does it evolve from another pokemon? if so what? and does Shelgon evolve into salamence?
    On sapphire it's Latias if you don't use the e-reader
    They are on level 40
    It takes a while but the first time you see it don't kill it and then after it runs you can see wherer she is in your pok?dex
    It reappears over and over until you catch it or kill it
    They are phycic(sp?)/Dragon pok?mon it's type is Eon
    Shelgon evolves from Bagon which is in the long room with the long water thing
    And yes, shelgon evolves into Salmerence.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yes it is, quite a number of Pok?mon learn it. Even more can when you trade over from Fire Red/Leaf Green or Colosseum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's like in the very back of Meteor Cave. It's the room where you find the TM Dragon Claw. Run around in the very back row and you'll get Bagons. You need surf and waterfall to get there. Does take long really...if you know where to jump around.

From the start of the cave, go to the right to the water, surf across, up the waterfall, surf a bit more and go into the open hole in the wall. Then go up to the left and in the stairs. Run up to another set of stairs and go up. You should see an old couple. Go past them so that you'll be at the top of the ledges you jump down. Jump down and keep sticking to the right to get to a stair. Climb it, if I remember..you should see a waterway below you. Surf it across and go into the door you pass by. Then just surf up ancd you should see the the TM if you haven't already gotten it. grab it if you want then walk around the back wall and u'll get bagons.

EDIT: Oh and as for the rareity, I don't know. But I'd say uncommon if you have to go through all that to get to it. But I managed to see one on my first battle in the room.

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    (good chance, but not 100%)this tip works for catching any uncommon pkmn: search for 10 minutes or so. if you can't find that certain pkmn in the specified location, go do something else for awhile(a little battling maybe), then come back and repeat the steps again. if you still can't find the pkmn, try again some other time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back