• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    EV Training a Blissy... now It has an EV in attack... = Dumb move by me. Least the Donphan gave a defense EV.

Also hatching a couple FEAR Rattatas... Exparment with that a little

That's why I save after every EV battle. ;D Then if something goes wrong, soft reset.

I'm EV training my Croconaw right now, attack training on Gyarados'.

Today I saw Mesprit I got a False Swipe in from my Garchomp, but that took just over a quarter of Mesprit's health. A few more encounters I'll get it to 1 HP then throw some Quick Balls.

Today my friend gave me a Slaking w/ counter and PKRS so that I can breed a Rhyhorn with Counter. Also he gave me all of the Power Items. He doesn't play much anymore, so now I can finally EV train a team.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Hmm, I didn't do much in Pearl ever since beating Byron and heading to Snowpoint, so in Diamond...

-I finally remembered the museum in Oreburgh, so I brought one of my nineteen or so Skull Fossils there. I got a level 20 Cranidos and named him Yoshi.
    -I caught a Steelix in Iron Island and decided to add her to my little Pokemon training "family". (Which has about 50 members now...) Her current moveset is Thunder Fang, Rock Polish, Sandstorm, and Dragonbreath.
    -I wasted about four Great Balls, two Timer Balls, two Ultra Balls, and three Dusk Balls... ON A BLOODY MURKROW!!! A female one, for trading on the GTS. Gee, I wasted fewer balls on Kyogre in Sapphire...

And now for my GTS ventures...
    -A Japanese girl named Kazumi, in exchange for her level 10 female Misdreavus, just got a level 21 female Murkrow holding a Dusk Stone from some mysterious trainer named Lupin. Aww, how kind of me. But now I have a Misdreavus in Diamond, nicknamed Muu-chan. Cute! <3 Anyways, I deposited my Kadabra in the GTS while making that trade, so now he's an Alakazam.
    -I deposited my Haunter in the GTS in the hopes of evolving her to Gengar. I searched in vain for a reasonable trade to make on the GTS (People wanted Dialgas for Geodudes! O.o) and ended up trading Magikarp for Magikarp. Oh well, at least the evolution worked.

And back to my regular happenings...
    -I bred my new Misdreavus with my Drifblim, so I got three baby Misdreavus with Ominous Wind. One of them had a Rash nature (Muu-chan was Serious), so I decided to level her up a bit in Old Chateau, and add her to my training group in place of Muu-Chan. Aww, Muu-Chan is left out... Anyways, I evolved her to Mismagius as well. But until level 30, I trained her in the Old Chateau with a Macho Brace, so she has lots of Special Attack EV's on her...
    -I also bred my Drapion with my Dustox (fortunately, all three of my Safari Zone-exclusive Pokemon are female), so now I have three baby Skorupi. They're so cute... ^_^
    -While training some of my Pokemon, not paying too much attention to EV's (gasp), my Honchkrow got an Attack boost of 5 upon level-up--whoa, my Cranidos never got such a boost before! Maybe it was the Lonely nature...
    -Likewise, in the Old Chateau, my Rash Mismagius gained 5 Special Attack points upon level up. She only did that once, and that was with a Macho Brace... *smashes Macho Brace against the wall*
    -Also, my Careful Steelix recently got a Special Attack boost of 3. I was training her in Valor Lakefront, with no Pokerus or Macho Brace. We-ird...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Got through Victory Road. I missed a bunch of items, but right now I want to get through the Elite 4 so that I can train up my l33t Battle Tower/post-E4 adventuring team of Starmie, some physical sweeper I haven't decided on yet, and a mixed wall Toxistalling Umbreon.

Battled my Rival. Pushover. Snorlax was especially funny, trying to use Crunch on Toxicroak and taking a Revenge to the face.

Beat Aaron, though his Vespiquen was really annoying, spamming Heal Order/Defend Order until Fire Blast ran out of PP. Got her eventually with some parahax from Luxray's Spark. Heracross also OHKO'd Rapidash with CC... Kudos to Hippowdon for rocking most of Aaron's pokes with EQ and Rock Slide.

I was hoping to find another Heart Scale so I could teach my Hippowdon Ice Fang (I already used one for Megahorn on Rapidash), but it looks like either I have to go find a guide to retrieve one, or cough up the money for an Ice Beam TM for Empoleon. There's no way I can take Garchomp without an Ice move.

Current team:
    Luxray Lv. 47
    Spark
    Crunch
    Strength
    Charge

Rapidash Lv. 46
    Fire Blast
    Ember
    Stomp
    Megahorn

Empoleon Lv 46
    Surf
    Aqua Jet
    Rock Climb
    Peck (need some Drill Peckage here)

Hippowdon Lv 46
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Yawn
    Crunch

Toxicroak Lv 46
    Faint Attack
    Sucker Punch
    Poison Jab
    Revenge

HM Slave (Bidoof, Marril, Noctowl)

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    EV Training a New Blissey... I just gave it vitamins for the 1st 100 Ev's to cut time by (Grabs Calculator) about 40%. Now to def Train it in iron Island. Also finally Nicknaming a few of my main Pokes, for originality reasons when I decide to show my face in the WI-Fi battle thread. I should be gone for the next (looks at watch) 3 days... Then Massacring in the battle tower to easily buy new vitamins

Years
    Recently been getting all female pokemon unique to the mansion trophy garden. EVERY one apart from Porygon grrr. Battling my rival in fight area at weekends just for the hell of it. Scyther doesn't want to appear either on Route 229 or wherether it's at. Had a quick go at getting a Pupitar aswell. Annoying because it's pokeradar only AND rare, so it takes ages.

Years
    Been breeding Gastly's all day today. It's taken all day, but I think I have found a pretty damn good Pokemon. I have got it up to level 25 in the Day-care center and checked its IVs, but I would prefer a close to 100% certainty on what the IVs are. I don't have enough rare candies to check, so I'll just ask one of my PC friends for an IV battle tomorrow (none of them are on now, and I need my beauty sleep xD). Even if it's not exactly as I hope it to be, I know I'm only a few more Pokemon away from finding a keeper. It's taking time as expected, but it feels good to know I'm that close to getting it, and can move on to breeding some other Pokemon for my team soon.

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
    Currently, I am training my team to lv. 100. =D Currently, they're all at lv. 70. I'm also breeding a lot of Eevee to get a few female ones for some reason... XD; Also assembling a second team for the heck of it.

Also planting berries at enormous rates. @_@; 30 Belue Berries in one plant. I'm not doing that again. XP;

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    While Chaining absol, my Lucario got a five-point attack boost! O_O I guess Absols give off Attack EVs?

I was sifting through my Boxes and found someone- The Piplup I rescued from a trainer who didn't want it! Gee, I myself aren't as good as a trainer either for just leaving him in the PC for almost two months >.>
    I found out that he has a Timid Nature, so I decided I'd give him Sp.Atk and Spd EVs, so then I could use him in the Battle Tower!
    So, off I went, to the Old Chateu to fight Gastly (It was daytime)

Later on, he was getting ready to evolve- however, I decided NOT to let him evolve just yet, so he can learn moves sooner.

Now I'm back to chaining Absol... hopefully I'll have a shiny this time! but first, I'd better change my clock...

PeeKaChu

Pika!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    ha well im attempting to get dragon dance on a lapras but to no avail

i have access to only 1 pokemon that learns it, gyarados, and turns out the one i just leveled to 35 is a female >.<

sooooooooooooooooooooooo starting all over from a magikarp is fun though, right? :(

Years
    Been wanting to check my Gastly's IVs for at least a day now, but sods law, everyone I know on PC was offline, and the 2 people I tried to IV battle, neither of them showed up on wifi, so am a bit worried if it's me or just bad luck.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    I finally beat Champion Cynthia!!! But... now there is absolutley nothing to do except to train, er, battle with my team(no more training for us cause my party is all lv. 100), enter boring contests that I stink at when I get to Ultra Rank, and catch shinies(I don't have a whole lot of shinies). I can't go on Wi-Fi because my friggin DS is "out of range" so to speak, and I can't go to Battle Tower or even the Fight Area because my stupid, retarded Action Replay screwed up my game so my game freezes whenevr I try to go there(I can't even walk 2 steps without it glitching up >_<) What sucks even worse is that my stupid little brother BROKE, i said it, BROKE my AR. That plainly sucks eggs... T.T*

Years
    • Seen today
    Lets see...
    . Restarted Diamond, again.
    . Got 7 badges
    . Caught Dialga with ONE POKéBALL without it being in the red zone
    . Put it in my box to rot
    . Got 8th badge
    . Got through VR
    . Currently: Training for E4

Years
    Well after hours of breeding, I finally got my hands on a excellent looking ...... (only a few people know XD). So fairly happy with that. I still need to breed plenty more Pokemon though, so did a bit more and am currently getting closer to finding a good IV'd new Pokemon as well. After a slow start, the breeding is coming together for me!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    For now, I am in the underground searching for a couple heart scales to bring to the move tutor and a leaf stone to evolve my Gloom (I dont like bellosom).

Figures that when I dont need my leaf stones, i sell them, but when I do need them, they never appear..

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Diamond

-I put a female level 24 Stunky holding a Skull Fossil in the GTS, and within a couple of days she was traded for a level 40 female Glameow. At first I thought the name "Charmian" she had was a nickname, but it became "Purugly" (no nickname) once she evolved. Maybe it's a French or German name or something...
    -My new Cranidos evolved, as did my Ponyta. A couple of my other Pokemon got to level 40 after being trained in the route between Veilstone and Lake Valor. Which means they're done with training until I get my sixth badge.

Pearl
    Ohh, lots of interesting things happened in Pearl today.

1. I got my seventh badge! Candice wasn't too hard to beat. My Luxray KO'd her Snover with two Crunches (Snover just used Ingrain inbetween). Abomasnow used Wood Hammer, of all things, against my Vespiquen (that dumb snow plant), after which Vespiquen KO'd her with Attack Order. My Empoleon OHKO'd her Sneasel with Flash Cannon, and my Mismagius OHKO'd her Medicham with Shadow Ball. What was a Medicham doing in an ice gym anyway?
    2. I went through the Galactic Warehouse and defeated Cyrus there. And of course released Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf.

3. Oh, and now for the interesting part. Then I headed up Mt. Coronet with only four of my best Pokemon (Empoleon, Purugly, Mismagius, and Roserade)--I needed my level 16-or-so Kricketune and Bibarel for HM moves. Of course, I was faced with a slew of Galactic grunts, and there was one point when I had to go all the way back to the Pokemon Centre to heal my level 45-or-so Pokemon. Anyways, I made it all the way to Cyrus (wait a minute, didn't I just defeat him?), and battled him. It was a very difficult battle, especially with his Weavile. My Mismagius was KO'd by Weavile before she could use Perish Song, and my Roserade lucked out against his Gyarados by getting a critical hit on Petal Dance. In the battle, everyone except my Empoleon and my little Kricketune fainted...

4. To make matters worse, I had to battle Palkia straight afterwards. A level 46 Empoleon going one-on-one with a level 47 Palkia?!? I ended up using Revives on my Purugly and Mismagius... In the battle, my Empoleon fainted after doing a little damage to Palkia. Then my Mismagius confused Palkia and used Shadow Ball twice, getting Palkia's HP into the red zone, and then fainted. Then I sent out Purugly, who used Hypnosis to put Palkia to sleep. Then I threw a Net Ball at Palkia and... I caught it! It's a Careful nature, unfortunately, but at least it's a Palkia. (There's no way I'm resetting just for a different nature... that was a difficult battle and lucky catch already!)

^^'Twas the hardest part of any Pokemon game I've ever played.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Ev training a nooby espeon to use in battle tower and going crazy over dumb dratini's IV's -.-
    oh and if you know any good moves with an espeon please pm me

Back