• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I am training a Cranidos a Grovyle and Qulava all Lv. 24 .
    It is Platinum .
    Also , yesterday , I beat The E4 with these pokemon :
    INFERNAPE : Lv. 81 Moves : BlastBurn FlareBlitz Flamethrower CloseCombat
    GIRATINA : Lv. 82 Moves : ShadowForce OmniousWind EarthPower DragonClaw
    FLOATZEL : Lv. 81 Moves : Surf AquaJet Dig Waterfall
    LUXRAY : Lv. 82 Moves : Thunderbolt FireFang ThunderFang Crunch
    ABOMASNOW : Lv. 82 Moves : EnergyBall Blizzard SheerCold IceShard
    STARAPTOR : Lv. 82 Moves : BraveBird AerialAce CloseCombat Fly

These were my actual party from start

172 Hours of Play

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    on diamond, i've been going underground a lot recently. yesterday i FINALLY found an old amber so i could get an aerodactyl, i'm still looking for the fossil that has kabuto [bone fossil, i think?], and i have about 10 of every other fossil. :\

-Lewis

Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Manaphy and Ditto have been at it all day and I got 25 Phione eggs (hatched 8 of them) ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    First time ever, found a skull fossil on diamond (replaying). got it brought to life at Oreburgh.

On Platinum, breeding for modest houndour @ HP Grass, not one, out of 100 eggs

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    Currently outside the Elite 4 building, after getting trounced by Cynthia's Garchomp.

I shoul probably go get an Ice type, but enh. Empoleon almost killed it, but then it got a crit Earthquake, which was the end of me.

The only other Pokemon I had problems with was Aaron's Vespiquen, which is really quite annoying. It spams Defend Order, and when I attack it uses Heal Order, and then it hits me with Power Gem and etc.

Empoleon LV 66
    Flareon LV 57
    Giratina LV 49
    Lucario LV 45
    Tentacruel LV 50
    Staraptor Level 51

I think the team is alright, its just Eartquake constantly 2HKOing my Empoleon, and 1HKOing Flareon.

So what Pokemon should I drop, and for what Ice Type? I have a LV 32 Snover, is that a good idea? Beause I know her Chomp has Flamethrower, and I doubt the Abomasnow is faster.

So yeah, help pl0x.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    So what Pokemon should I drop, and for what Ice Type? I have a LV 32 Snover, is that a good idea? Beause I know her Chomp has Flamethrower, and I doubt the Abomasnow is faster.

So yeah, help pl0x.

Uhm, if you are playing Platinum, you could use that Eevee that Bebe gives you and evolve it into Glaceon or Vaporeon.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I recommend teaching ice beam or something like that to Empoleon or use Giratina and have it use a powerful dragon move I.E: Draco Meteor

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Currently hiking up through Route 216 and Route 217 towards Snowpointe City.

+Bazterd/Gabite
    Level 41
    --
    +Lage/Scyther
    Level 42
    --
    +Kraken/Tentrcruel
    Level 41
    --
    +Sirion/Luxray
    Level 40
    --
    +Loki/Infernape
    Level 43

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    I shoul probably go get an Ice type, but enh. Empoleon almost killed it, but then it got a crit Earthquake, which was the end of me.

What I did was train, train, train until everything was level 65+. Empoleon is naturally bad with its Speed stat, so try Speed EV training? I dunno, my team was level 70 when I took on the E4 for the first time...Let your Empoleon a Shuca Berry before taking on Garchomp (Shuca berries weaken Ground moves used on you once), seeing as it'll go first, and use an Ice Beam, it should knock it out straightaway! I think the lady from Pastoria gives those out sometimes, save and reset to get one. Also, there's a 5% chance that wild Ponyta hold those, so get something with Thief and keep using them on Ponytas to get them too.

~

And now for teh Ikitsumi's news~
    Hyouta the Lucario is level 84 now! I evolved my Ivysaur into Venusaur after it finally learned Solarbeam! Now I have a Wartortle to train. :3 THE ONLY STARTERS I LACK ARE THE JOHTO STARTERS!! T____T I can't wait till HG/SS...then I can get them. ;-; After I train Hyouta to 85, I think I'll train Ikazuchi (Luxray) after. Then Makainu (Houndoom) and then Kanshisa (Gardevoir). I need to train my Eeveelutions too. o.o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I'm crying now because I just saw my first shiny in the whole game and Bertha has it! T_T aka her Hippowdon. I'm so sad. :(

Current Team (after beating Bertha):

Glaceon Lv49
    Gyarados Lv52
    Infernape Lv65
    Torterra Lv67
    Giratina Lv60
    Espeon Lv47

Bebe gave me a female Eevee and now I have a box full of Eevee. Stat neutral and Mild are the most common natures for them, so the Espeon has Mild and Glaceon has a stat neutral nature. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bertha has a shiny Hippowdon???

just got a manaphy to hold onto while someone restarts their game

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    I just started to try ev training with my new elekid and magby and hopefully i can get the hang of it and to JessicaH keep working with your empoleon at lvl 70 i was able to take out the entire elite4 with out it fainting

Last edited:

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    O.o Bertha's Hippowdon is a female, which are black Hippowdon...Either way, the gender and moves should be fixed into the game, so I'm very unsure that it's a shiny.

But anyways, Hyouta is level 85 now! :D Murach the Wartortle is level 33 now, so I'm happy. :3 Now I just have to train Ikazuchi (Luxray), Kanshisa (Gardevoir), and Makainu (Houndoom) to level 85, then I go take on the E4 again~

In the meantime, I'm collecting the different 'nullification' berries, those ones that weaken a super-effective move. Mainly for E4 and for accessories, but also to get multiples of everything. Just harvested 5 Occa berries. :D

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
    Cool! Earlier I got a shiny Egg tododile with dragon dance! Lucky me! :) also a Shiny Treecko! Though I lvl'd them up so they are Feraligtr(aquagtr) and Sceptile(redshine)!

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Started a new game and thanks to a friend have now got every starter from all gens. Also will soon have my dream team of: Charizard, Feraligater, Sceptile, Salamence, Pidgeot, Tyranitar. And now able to get the pokemon that Unidentified Flying Aces is holding for me ^^

Back