• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    Had a couple of battles with people from PC last night, just to keep getting the battling experience I so desperately need to try and become one of the better battlers here.

First I took on a guy who needed to be taught all the standard clauses and rules, so that took most of my evening. Finally when we went to battle he turns up with only 3 Pokemon o_o. Turns out he only had 3 battle worthy pokemon, so I agreed to have a 3v3 which isn't really what I needed to practice at the time, but I knew it would only be short, and despite all the rules I taught him, one of his Pokemon was a Rayquaza. But still, comfortably won.

The 2nd battle I had was a very good and well fought one. I was the victor in the end 4-0, but some of his Pokemon gave me real trouble, and some were just a real annoyance! Still, he seemed a knowledgable trainer, so to beat someone like that fairly comfortably gives me a lot more confidence in my own abilities, despite my lack of experience.

Keep the challenges coming guys!

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    Made another crack at IV breeding again, but this time with an egg move in the mix. Success with the last of 8 eggs hatched. I have a Chimchar with a 31 IV in attack, 20+ IVs in HP and Speed... That knows Thunderpunch. Now, like its mother, I get to spend 196,000 pokedollars on vitamins, and EV train it to that of a Physical Attacker! Yay!!!! -.-

I hope my team will be battle-ready by the end of April...

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Today I was able to get a shiny Ralts and shiny Chikorita. 8) Also, I finished EV training my Glaceon. Hopefully I did it right. I'm almost done EV training my Elekid now, too.

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    Right now Pearl is in breeding and setting up level 5s for the baby tournement in PBR
    as well as Sarah from Diamond is playing catch up with Damion, also making transfers from Leaf green to Pearl than yo Diamond (made it were Mikio from leaf Green and Sarah from Diamond are very simular with types used)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Umm, I was EV training my Elekid still and I ran into Mesprit out of nowhere. Caught it with a Master Ball. Saved me a lot of chasing.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    i finally finished EV training my Torkoal and Torterra, and now im starting to EV train my Blastoise. Yes, I like turtle pokemon.

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    i just finished training my pinsir to lv 100 tried to battle other pc trainers but my connection kept going out. Got a charmander, Bulbasaur, and Blastoise, going to breed them.

silver%

thinking..this will take a min
    Years
    if you are a lucky person and dont ev train you really should
    as a ev trainer i have found three pokemon so far that have been shiny. as well as being rewarded the hard earned ev trained pokemon i also find a shiny pokemon. i have found geodude while ev training def kikertot while ev training atk and gastly while ev training sp atk.

is this a coincidence. probably but it pays to ev train in more than one way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Transferred some rare candies from my Sapphire into my Pearl and started hatching Trapinch eggs. Have only hatched 4 so far, and the first 3 were no good. The 4th had IVs of 24-25/26/29/30/20/12-13, so I switched that one to be my new parent. Everything was good except for the Speed being way too low. If I could only switch that useless Special Attack IV (going to be a physical sweeper) with the Speed...

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    If you don't know what EV training is... don't bother with it, I believe it's too much work anyways. (Although admittedly I did EV train my Mismagius in Diamond for a while... in the Old Chateau.)

Anyways...

Diamond

-While checking my honey trees, I caught two female Aipom! One I'll keep for breeding, and one I'll probably trade on the GTS for Munchlax. I still can't find Munchlax! But I also caught a Heracross... Big deal, I already have one.
    -My Raichu stole two Poison Barbs, two Oran Berries, three Honeys, and a Yache Berry from various wild Pokemon...
    -I started leveling up my Snover in the Trophy Garden, which is proving to be a good place to train it. (Not to mention it's full of Special Attack and Speed EV's...) Oh wait, did I just say I didn't normally EV train?!?

Pearl

More interesting things happened in Pearl than in Diamond. We left off where I caught Palkia...

-I traveled to Sunnyshore City, and bought a bunch of Seals. Recently, I made Ball Capsules for my best Pokemon, and a seventh for my new Palkia. The Palkia one has lots of pink and blue bubbles, and the Roserade one has purple and yellow flower petals (although the "yellow" ones look more red than yellow). And the Mismagius one has black smoke and black hearts... and the Purugly one is full of stars. Well... they're hard to describe.
    -Then I got my eighth badge! The battle wasn't extremely hard. My Purugly started out by KO'ing his Raichu with Dig--a very easy battle. The most interesting part was when my level 47 Luxray battled his level 49 Luxray--and won. I guess knowing Crunch, holding a Dread Plate, and having the Rivalry ability helped... (both Luxrays were male)
    -After that, I trained my Pokemon in various places... My Empoleon, Vespiquen, and Mismagius proved to do well in Mt. Coronet. My Purugly and Roserade (as well as Palkia) did well in Rt. 223, and I just surfed on Route 223 to train my Luxray. (After all, all that's there are Tentacruel, Pelipper, and Mantyke)

Then I got through Victory Road, battled my rival, and faced the Elite Four...

1. Aaron, with the Bug-type Pokemon. My Empoleon managed to KO his Dustox with Drill Peck (the dumb moth used Light Screen beforehand), but then his Heracross KO'd him before he could use Drill Peck again. The battle was harder than expected (my Pokemon were level 54), but I managed to win by using Perish Song on his last Pokemon, Drapion. (I love Perish Song...)
    2. Bertha, user of Ground-types, and the easiest of the four. My Roserade KO'd almost all of her Pokemon with a single Petal Dance (especially the first two, which were Quagsire and Whiscash), although it was my Empoleon who KO'd her Sudowoodo.
    3. Flint, user of Fire-types, and the hardest of the four. Okay, his Rapidash was easy because my Empoleon just used Surf, but that stupid Infernape with his Flare Blitz... plus his Drifblim almost KO'd my Luxray. The only easy part was his Steelix, which my Empoleon easily beat with Surf.
    4. (forgot name), user of Psychic-types, also pretty easy to beat. None of my Pokemon fainted, and three of my Pokemon knew attacks that were super-effective against Psychics. His stupid Mr. Mime used Light Screen before my Vespiquen KO'd him with Attack Order... (Mr. Mime's Defense is lower anyways), and his Alakazam barely got Vespiquen to half HP before suffering the same fate. And my Mismagius easily beat his Medicham with Shadow Ball. ...Although I ended up using Perish Song on Bronzong, his last Pokemon.
    5. What, me and my level 55 team going up against Cynthia's level 65 team? I must be crazy... Anyways, it took a while for my Empoleon to KO her Spiritomb, and I had to use a few healing items. But at least all Spiritomb's attacks were not very effective... Then she used Gastrodon, which I easily beat with my Roserade's Petal Dance. Then she sent out Lucario... My Roserade barely had time to use Leech Seed before being KO'd. Then I sent out Vespiquen, and what resulted was a long battle with Lucario... My Vespiquen kept using Defend Order while Lucario attacked, and I used some healing items, and Leech Seed took effect every turn... plus Cynthia used a Hyper Potion in the middle of the battle. But by the time Lucario was KO'd, my Vespiquen had maxed-out Defense, so I didn't switch when she sent out Milotic. I had time to get a couple of Attack Orders in, but then Milotic KO'd my Vespiquen with a critical-hit Ice Beam... (Drat! All that work for nothing!) So I sent out Luxray. Luxray did fairly well with his Spark attacks (and even paralysed Milotic), but then Cynthia switched her with Garchomp, who KO'd my Luxray... So I sent out Mismagius. Luckily Mismagius was faster than Garchomp, so she confused the dragon. She ended up KO'ing Garchomp after using Pain Split a couple of times and landing a critical hit with Shadow Ball. Whew, that was lucky... ("Well, your Milotic destroyed my souped-up Vespiquen with a critical hit, so now it's my turn!") Then Cynthia sent out Roserade, upon which I switched to Purugly. Purugly almost KO'd Roserade with Dream Eater, but then Roserade woke up and KO'd Purugly. Fortunately, I ended up KO'ing her with my Mismagius... And Milotic was Cynthia's last Pokemon, so my Mismagius used Perish Song. Then I confused Milotic, switched to Empoleon... and Milotic fainted!!! Wow! It was a difficult battle, and my team had a serious level disadvantage, but still... I beat the Elite Four!!!

-After beating the Elite Four, there were only four empty slots in my Pokedex: Wormadam, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Wormadam was easy to take care of--a trainer I missed in Route 214 had one. But then I tried to capture Uxie... and failed twice. I had gotten Uxie into the red HP zone, put it to sleep, and threw 15 Ultra Balls, 20 Great Balls, three Pokeballs, and three Nest Balls... all of which failed. ARRRGH! And on the second attempt, I must have thrown about fifty different balls before Uxie KO'd itself with Struggle... Maybe I'll catch a Sneasel, teach it False Swipe, buy fifteen more Ultra Balls, and try again...
    (I can't believe this... I had a much easier time catching Kyogre in Sapphire... who knew UXIE would be so hard to catch??)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Just bought Diamond yesterday. Chose Chimchar since I went through hell in Pearl version since I despise Rapidash. Decided to migrate Larvitar and Beldum from Pearl to Diamond but realized I'd need the National Dex for that. So I caught a Budew and am training it against wild Onix and Geodude.

Current Team
    (Green) Budew- Lv. 15
    (Red) Monferno- Lv. 16

Soon to get Murkrow and hopefully a Munchlax and a Heracross. Looking forward to training a Buizel also. Hopefully by Maylene, I'll have the following team:

Future Team
    Roserade- 29
    Floatzel- 27
    Murkrow- 34
    Heracross- 30
    Munchlax- 24
    Infernape- 36

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    got my Arcanine, i found out that i could teach it thunder bite, leveled it to 100. Used a everstone on my Cubone and leveled it to 100, it has a japanese name and when it evolves it gets an english name.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    finished ev training larvitar for my sandstorm team, and now it needs to be level 54 before he will become useful to me. he is being continously trained until he gets to 30(then he can hold his own in battle)

*goes back to training.*

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Today in Pearl, I caught Uxie and Azelf! I caught a Sneasel before that and taught it False Swipe via TM, which proved to be a big help against Uxie. Azelf was much harder to catch, and on the first two attempts to catch it, it KO'd all of my Pokemon before I could catch it... (darn Nasty Plot) I encountered Mesprit, but I'm not going to bother catching it... But at least I saw it, so that means I completed my Sinnoh Dex! So I got the National Dex, caught a few Pokemon near the Fight area (Spheal was one of them), and caught Pokemon in Pal Park for the first time, with a few Pokemon I transferred over from Leaf Green. Those were just "throwaway" Pokemon so I could test the feature without losing some good Pokemon--Sentret, Meowth, Nidoran-F, Natu, Hoppip, and Slowpoke.

Back