• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
  • Well, so much for that. I had to help my grandparents with something, so I totally forgot to water my berries. I only got 2 berries off of each plant. DX. At least I finally won a PP Up from the Lotto!

Years
    • Seen today
    My Platinum Entry
    Okay every now and Then i'll enter quick one liners(maybe 2) here.

I was soft reseting to get a modest Heatran and on my 4th reset it was shiny! I caught it but.. It was quirky... Had to reset again...

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Just purchased my Nintendo DSi and Platinum today :) Looking forward to getting a start and logging some journals :)

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Diamond

I finally got my Gardevoir and Gallade to level 45 after training a bit in Mt. Coronet. My Gallade learned False Swipe as well. He had to forget Shadow Ball, but I figured that wasn't much of a loss, since he has low Special Attack. Also, I trained my Lucario a bit, so now he's at level 50.

For the last couple of days, I stopped by the News Centre in Solaceon Town to get some balls. (Pokeballs and the like I mean. ^_^') Yesterday's Pokemon of the Day was Ponyta; for that, I needed to catch one, which was easy. There are Ponytas just north of Solaceon! I got three Ultra Balls for finding one. Today's Pokemon was Silcoon--and I happened to have one in my PC. I got another three Ultra Balls as a reward. I think I have something like 130 Ultra Balls in my bag now...

I also decided on a team to train for facing the Elite Four. I haven't even gotten my eighth badge yet, but it's good to plan ahead. My dream team will be:

Zorro (male Lucario)
    Nature: Lax (Highly curious)
    Ability: Steadfast
    Attacks: Me First, Close Combat, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere

Morticia (female Spiritomb)
    Nature: Quiet (Likes to relax)
    Ability: Pressure
    Attacks: Faint Attack/Dark Pulse, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Ominous Wind/Dark Pulse

Saphira (female Garchomp)
    Nature: Relaxed (Quick tempered)
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Attacks: Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Crunch, Dig

William (male Roserade)
    Nature: Hardy (Strong willed)
    Ability: Poison Point
    Attacks: Sunny Day, Synthesis, Weather Ball, Solarbeam

Dreamboat (male Milotic)
    Nature: Modest (Alert to sounds)
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Attacks: Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Safeguard, Recover

Shin (male Ninetales)
    Nature: Hasty (Capable of taking hits)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Attacks: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Extrasensory

The funny part is that this team has five Pokemon in common with Cynthia's team. I wanted to put Ninetales on my team in place of Gastrodon because A) Ninetales is one of my favourite Pokemon, hence my username, and B) I see no point in having two Water-types and two Ground-types. As a result, my battle with Cynthia should be fun... especially considering my Pokemon have different attacks than hers do.

Currently Shin and Dreamboat are at level 45. Zorro, William, and Saphira are at level 50. Morticia's currently at level 47. Soon she'll learn Dark Pulse, but I'm still debating on which of her attacks to replace it with. Should I keep the Ghost attack or the physical attack...? (Her Attack and Special Attack are not too different, making this even harder)

Platinum

This morning, I checked the Honey tree I mentioned earlier and got another Aipom. Oh well... So I put honey on two trees after that. Just a few minutes ago, I checked those two trees. The first one had a Cherubi, just what I was looking for! I nicknamed him Jubilee for some odd reason. I actually had to reset twice because the first Cherubi had a Naughty nature (which I didn't like, since Cherubi doesn't learn any good physical attacks), and I accidentally KO'd the second one. (Damn critical hit...)

The second tree had a Burmy, nothing special... but I caught it anyway.

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Hate my life. Began a game, something didn't feel right (sounds odd I know), however went and started a "new game" again, saw the prompt about not being able to save (however figured it was 'won't be able to save without erasing old game') i get about an hour in, everythings going real well, enjoying it, and sure enough go to save and, can't. Wasn't able to do a thing except start over again, so now I'm playin the intro for the 3rd time in a row. Anyways, went through for about 40min and got pretty much to where I was without all the leveling up. Oh well, in Jublilife city, gonna do some leveling up tonight and play some more tomorrow. :(

great way to start off my pokemon experience :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • i just put up a shiny grimer level 18 i chained yesterday up on GTS for a Deoxys and a few min later i got one at level 100

EDIT: now i just put up a chained shiny jigglypuff and got a level 100 metagross in return

Last edited:

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Started over for the final time (just got the game today) just something was odd about it, so things should be alright now :)

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Pearl

I tried to do the Cool Master Rank Contest for the fifth time, and lost. Those are hard. D:

I also tried Shiny hunting, but I totally fail at it. The longest PokeRadar chain I have is 6.

Platinum

Well, I haven't done anything, since it won't physically be here until Sunday. But, I still like pretending that I have it. >.<

NatureKeeper

Dawn was very happy. She has just completed the Sinnoh dex. However, I did know that She'll go and catch legendaries frenzifully U_U, anyways. I heard that we're going to some route, 214, if I recall. I found that a new path has opened, Spring Path. Dawn seemed to come delibrately, then i had to enter some other cave. Turnback, was it? Dawn kept walking into unknown sort of chambers. But at the end. I found a Pokémon, the Guardian of the Reverse World, Giratina. Dawn is still making preperations. Could she be preparing to catch?

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
  • I have just utterly destroyed the second gym leader with my Monferno and i also have just completely emptied the team galalctic hideout.My pokemon team now is

Psyduck-lvl 23
    Staravia-lvl23
    Monferno-lvl25
    Rotom-lvl22

Ive never had rotom before and was quite surprised that I could get it so early.I was going to go in and get a Gastly but decided against it.Ive got an egg quite earlier than on diamond and pearl and i wonder what it is.Im hoping its a togepi.Ive got no time for happiny.Im planning to get a Gallade as my 6th pokemon and if the eg does turn out to be happiny I will either get Lucario or electivire

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Just arrived in Jublilife city / defeated Barry, edging on toward the first gym battle. Stat update coming after gym battle

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
  • I'm on a dead end road trying to find a darn Murkrow, and ripping my hair out when I get close and the thing gets away!!! I must haz MURKROW!!!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm on a dead end road trying to find a darn Murkrow, and ripping my hair out when I get close and the thing gets away!!! I must haz MURKROW!!!

Quick/Dusk balls are good for a time like this :)

Currently training my Gabite, caught a few pokémon and traded a munchlax holding a skull fossil from my diamond.

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Gotten through a decent amount for the first "real" day of playing. Went through 1st gym leader, and reunited girl and father who was forced to work by team Galactic. I'm leveling up at a slow but steady pace (I've been trying to evenly level a lot of them to have a well rounded team as opposed to one strong)

Will give more of an update later

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Eeveelution team updates:
    Inferno and Storm are both usually working as a tag team. The previous owner of the Ruby game I bought had two Exp. Shares, so I imported them via Pal Park and use them to level up Storm and Inferno with the exact same EXP. I don't let them battle individually, either. I'll probably do this until level 50. Right now, they're both 38. The other four haven't gotten much training in, but Ocean is 40 already, so he's ready for battle.

Other updates:
    I'm working on training Makainu (Houndoom) and Kanshisa (Gardevoir) finally. They haven't leveled up much, but they'll get there. Hyouta (Lucario) is FINALLY level 80. Hirenka (Empoleon) is level 83. Mukamisori is 82, so that's a good thing. I'm not rechallenging the E4 until level 85+, I think. After that, I might want a shot with my Eevee team once they get that high. For now...naaaaah.
    And I'm also importing all types of goodies from the previous Ruby owner's game pack. Lots of TMs I need, like Shadow Ball and Earthquake. Got his Groudon too.

NatureKeeper

Diamond, As told by Dialga: "Catching Giratina"

WHAT DOES SHE THINK AM I? A LEGENDARY? *looks at the pokédex* Err, well right, but that's unfair! I faced over 20 Shadow Forces! And she's dishing Ultra and Dusk balls like as if she's playing ('tina basketball)! Here, lemme see what did she do with the poor Bibarel. Take the microphone!

Bibarel: Thanks, Mr.Dialga. GIRATINA was TERRIBLE!! She sent me out just to make Dialga avoid Shadow Force! And I, was officialy, hit by a nice ground move. Which OH-KOed me. Now's the poor Staraptor, Uxie, Drifloon and Empoleon. Will they suceed?

All that reference of She was to the character dawn.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • As I may recall that I've been gone for the past couple of days playing my Pokemon Platinum. In that, I defeated the Elite Four and after I caught the three legendary lakefront Pokemon. Now I'm just training my Pokemon to level 100 by defeating wild Pokemon.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I am trying to get my hands on Combee and Wormadam, and also a lumineon but my finneon only has 7 levels left to go! They are the three pokemon I need to complete my dex to get the National!! I wanna be shiny chaining with pokeradar by Wednesday at 9pm lol.

Kakex

Xtreme Cake-Eater
    Years
  • Pearl 1 pokemon journey

Read: This is Pretty much Journal, and Experiment, I am trying to complete elite four, starting after first gym, with ONLY Riolu/Lucario IF I posted this to wrong section, can someone be so kind and move it ;) i will post here how it is going, at least after evry gym
    This is going on in Pearl!
    So: I planned to try out, is it possible to clear whole thing between elite four and them too, with 1 trained pokemon. I wanted to test this out with Riolu, starting from level 1. ofc, it first needs that u beat first gym, to get able to WiFi, as far as i know, so after i beated first gym, SkythurBathandBeyond151 kindly helped me, by giving me level 1 Riolu that was holding masterball, and 2 Mews, I will not train those mews, i will only use them to keep my HM,s with me ;) Riolu will gain exp faster than usual because boosted exp after trade. I am now at Flaroaroma town, and my Riolu is level 12. Today or tomorrow, i will get to Eterna Gym, depends how much i want play today. I think, i will clear Walley Windworks at least today thou, i dont believe it would be big problem, because Commander Mars ( or was it Jupiter in there? whatever ) best pokemon will be Normal type, Purugly. I believe i cant clear Eterna Gym in first try, but maybe i will:) I will post more when im cleared Eterna forest, and/or gym. (i will not try make doubleposts thou)
    All tips are welcome, and ofc I will try battle every trainer that i see ingame. if/when i get some items, like evolution stones for example, that i do not need, i will say that i have it, and they are tradeable for items like Iron, Calsium, and other stat increasing items or something I can use, just PM me, i will announce about items later, prolly after Eterna Gym, i will continue postin this here

seems like i can be back like tomorrow... we got FLEES ff* we have to clean up WHOLE apartment... my moms friends girl brought them, i asked her, why are u scratching your head all the time, she said, i got stinged by flee^^ now we got generally flees EVERYWHERE! this was OT, but just because no one gonna ask, u gonna post more of that story

Last edited:

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I'm still struggling to get Probopass to 100. The national dex is (almost) in my reach.. with Lumineon, Combee, and Wormadam to go. My Finneon is 1 level away, and I know a trainer that has a Combee since you only need to SEE the pokemon, then all I will have to do is honey every tree, shut off game, next morning turn it on and hopefully have my Wormadam and the national dex!

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Back