• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    October 21:
    So, I've decided to start a new game on Platinum (again) and this time, KEEP the save file. This morning, I restarted the game, named myself Dusk, my rival's name is Gabriel, and I chose the Female character (almost picked the guy, but I'll be using this save for my new adventuring into competitive battling d:). So, that's all I've done. I'm currently in school, and debating wether to use Piplup or Turtwig, or if I just want to deposit my starter (knowing me, I'll change my mind at the last minute). I'll update more tonight after I get somewhere...

Duskwire out.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    Finally, I've gotten the 8th badge. After a long, grueling battle with Volkner, I finally took out his Electivire with a Giga Impact from my Luxray named Dynames (Gundam 00 Fan, lol). Finished with my final endeavor in this part of Sinnoh, I set off to the Pokemon League building. Between me and it is an ocean, a waterfall, a cave filled with the toughest trainers and another waterfall.

Setsuna F. Seiei
    Pokemon Trainer

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    EV reducing berries, EV reducing berries, EV reducing berries.

Ugh, these things take forever to grow.

Oh, and I guess my villa is complete. The salesman said I couldn't buy anything else. Now my villa is crammed and ugly. XD

Years
    Today I played Platinum on my way home from college. I trained Blaze , my Chimchar and Talon , my Starly. They both evolved and I am going to do some more training before heading of to Oreburgh.

Blaze(Monferno)
    Talon(Staravia)

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Beaten Crasher Wake and finally my Vaporeon learned Surf! ;D
    Ah well, in my way to Celestic Town, I captured a Swablu.. Which I don't train until I'm in the mood for it.. :9

I've beat Byron too. And now, I'm on my way to Snowpoint. I've beat Saturn and Mars at their respective lakes too, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Alrighty, a lot has happened since I named myself and saved lol.

+ Did normal beginning of game stuff
    + Recieved Orion the Male Piplup from Rowan
    + More beginning of game stuff
    + Caught Tower the Male Shinx
    + Trained them both to level 8 before taking on any trainers
    + Got to Jubilife
    + Met Looker, got the VS Seeker
    + Gave the Town Map to Gabriel and battled the two trainers in the school
    + Got the PokeGear
    + Battled Gabriel on Route 203, and won with ease
    + Saved on Route 203, before Oreburgh Gate

Team:

Orion/Piplup
    Level 11/Male
    - Pound
    - Leer
    - Bubble
    - Water Sport

Tower/Shinx
    Level 11/Male
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Charge

Play Time: 1:28

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Started a new adventure in Diamond -_- Don't know why, because my previous save was only til the 4th gym. I just wanted a different team.
    So here I go~

Started off with a male Chimchar, named it Nathan. He's so hiperactive..-_-
    Then cought myself a sharpteethed, yet verrry cute female Shinx! And stopped at a pokemon center for the night.. Yawn... Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day.

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
    In the Platinum adventures of Umeko... Coming off of victory against Roark with Miani the Budew and Shogo the Piplup, she continued on and arrived in Eterna City! Along the way, three of her current team members have evolved...

Her team consists of so far...:
    Shogo the Prinplup (male)
    Jack the Geodude (male)
    Kenta the Luxray (male)
    Miani the Budew (female)
    Starfly the Staravia (female)
    Kiyoo the Ponyta (female)

Not wanting to be the copycat of her twin sister, Setsuka, there will be changes in the future of Umeko's team, or so she planned. We'll keep ya'll posted...

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I decided to start my game over today, this time with Tropius as my starter. I bred some on my Ruby version, then traded it to my friend's Pearl, then to my Pearl. Tropius is a fantastic Pokemon, and I love using him.
    The only problem is that he is going to disobey me until I get enough badges to keep him under control. It's frustrating because he's such a powerful Pokemon when he actually does follow orders.
    I caught a Pachirisu to help myself out since I know I can't rely on Tropius in battle right now. I wanted an electric Pokemon and I've always chosen Shinx before so I figured it would be nice to give Pachirisu a shot. He's not too bad, he just needs some training.

So right now my team consists of:

Tropius: level 13
    -Leer
    -Gust
    -Growth
    -Razor Leaf

Pachirisu: level 13
    -Growl
    -Spark
    -Quick Attack
    -Charm

I also have a Trapinch in my PC (also traded to myself from my Ruby version) level 20. I'm going to add him to my party once I get enough badges.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    We had a tough morning training, but Shinx and Chimchar finally evolved into Luxio and Monferno! And then we took our first gym challange. I used my Budew and Monferno, it was pretty easy..
    And off to the next city!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    + Got through Oreburgh gate
    + Orion evolved!!
    + Beat Roark easily with my newly evo'd Prinplup
    + Got to Flamora town (Tower evolved on the way!)
    + Beat Valley Windworks first try d:
    + Got through Eterna Forest
    + Got HM 01 and talked to the Pokemon Statue
    + Decided to try my luck with Orion's Peck at the gym..........and failed
    + Spent 20 minutes looking for a Hoothoot in Eterna Forest... and caught a level 12 male (:
    + NN'd Hoothoot Apollo
    + Currently grinding Apollo to level 20, then I'll take on the rest of Eterna's gym

Team:

Apollo/Hoothoot
    Level 16/Male
    - Peck
    - Foresight
    - Uproar
    - Hypnosis

Orion/Prinplup
    Level 25/Male
    - Bubblebeam
    - Peck
    - Metal Claw
    - Water Sport

Tower/Luxio
    Level 23/Male
    - Bite
    - Spark
    - Charge
    - Tackle

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I was walking around last night, trying to catch Iluminise and Pinser kept popping up. I was getting really annoyed. Then a Shiny Pinsir appeared and I caught it. Fufufufufu! My first shiny!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, I've gotten to the point (Flower Paradise) right before Shaymin, ready to capture it. Which I'll get around to doing later today.

This is the first time in over three weeks that I've fired up my Platinum :P

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Finally I've beaten Cyrus and Volkner! Distortion World's puzzle was annoying. I spend almost half an hour to finish it.

Ah well, I'm on my way to Pokemon League now. (:

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
    I haven't posted here yet, so I figured I should post my progress as a trainer in Sinnoh on my Diamond and Platinum. :3

My first ever Sinnoh journey on Diamond was a great success, as I befriended numerous Pokemon and built an established team consisting of Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Floatzel, and Mr. Mime. Many surprises awaited me as I was very unfamiliar with the region of Sinnoh and its many wonders. However, I have subsequently started afresh three times on my Diamond in need of a challenge. As a result, I have quickly become familiar with the Sinnoh region and have become the League Champion in very different manners. Other teams that I have succeeded in entering the Hall of Fame have been:

Torterra
    Golduck
    Pachirisu
    Honchkrow
    Rapidash
    Medicham

Roserade/Blossom
    Gastrodon/Shelldon
    Vespiquen/Honeybee
    Lopunny/Thumper
    Mismagius/MISMAGIUS
    *Note: This was a scramble challenge, hence the lack of starter lol.

Torterra/Donatello
    Bibarel/Woodchuck
    Crobat/Venom
    Medicham/Numnum
    Raichu/Jerry
    Weavile/Nabooru

Over all these journeys, i've ran into two random Shiny Pokemon - Starly and Bidoof. Sadly, I lost both of these through the urge to start over (with no access to a second DS), and I also caught a handful of Pokeradar shinies. I am hoping that I will either run into a random Bidoof and Starly again, or that i'm skilled enough with the Pokeradar to summon shiny ones through that method.

On Platinum, i've had one journey so far and have been surprised at the different challenges awaiting me this time around. More native Pokemon in Sinnoh meant that I had more variety to my team, and also more challenging battles. We pulled through though, and the ultimate battle against Cynthia was eventually won by my Swords-Dancing Gliscor alone. :D My team on Platinum is Infernape, Staraptor, Gliscor, Leafeon, Azumarill and Electabuzz. My most recent happening is that I got a bargain trade of a Lv1 Shiny Cleffa from the GTS for a Minun. I was really shocked that only a Minun was wanted for this little gem, and I was even more pleased that the Cleffa was hatched in a "Faraway Land", i.e. Johto or Kanto.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    We're in Solaceon Town now. My guys got me only two gym badges for now, mostly because we've been loafing around too much >_> But what the hey, at least we're having fun~

Team:
    - Monferno (Nathan)
    - Luxio (Aiden)
    - Roselia (Roselyn)
    - Noctowl (Hazel)

Everyone's around Lv25-26 :3.

Last edited:

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    My Pachirisu resides in my PC now. I like the Pokemon, there's just not much I could do with it in terms of battling. So to replace him I caught a Hippopotas. It took me forever to find one of these guys, but I'm proud of myself for finally doing it. ^_^

My team now consists of:

Tropius: level 30
    Trapinch: level 30
    Hippopotas: level 25

By the way, I've come to the conclusion that Tropius is the most underrated Pokemon in history. My Tropius is a power house and he doesn't even know any especially powerful moves yet. I'm about to buy Solar Beam and Hyper Beam from the department store, so I'll make him even more powerful.
    Tropius is definetely my team's MVP at this point.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Well, Spoink finally swarmed for me and I caught myself a gentle male - he is now Callisto on my team, having just evolved into a Grumpig. I then had to turn my attention to Cel in Kanto, who told me that she had several pokémon to send into palpark - including Meallan, my beautiful Raikou! He's very sweet and innocent with a Naive nature, but I'm training him up with a varied moveset and is learning quickly.

Next I found myself not enjoying using Kaito, my Swellow. I have always wanted to use a Farfetch'd, so bred myself a male and named it Yuuto - he's now in training, too. He's got quite the useful moveset, so he's doing well.

In trading, I got my hands on a Modest Charmander named Draco, and an IV bred jolly Teddiursa named Ursa. Once I've completed my set of Power Items, both will be trained up to be a part of my first ever EV'd UU team! They make it 4/6 of my team assembled, waiting for movesets.

Current In-Game Team:-

Mars, Shiny Feraligatr, level 59
    Yuuto, Farfetch'd, level 7
    Hermes, Meganium, level 54
    Styx, Omastar, level 60
    Meallan, Raikou, level 50
    Callisto, Grumpig, level 32

Back