• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Congrats.

Alrighty...I finally decided to update my siggy; twenty new Snorunt, none with a Modest Nature. I can't Everstone Modest ones since I don't have a female Modest Snorunt yet...yes, after one-hundred and twenty-five Snorunt, no Modest females. I check before I release them.

Although, in better news, my Modest male's 31 IV in HP seems to be inherited by every other Snorunt. No females with it, though...I think my game dislikes Snorunt or something.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Congrats.

Alrighty...I finally decided to update my siggy; twenty new Snorunt, none with a Modest Nature. I can't Everstone Modest ones since I don't have a female Modest Snorunt yet...yes, after one-hundred and twenty-five Snorunt, no Modest females. I check before I release them.

Although, in better news, my Modest male's 31 IV in HP seems to be inherited by every other Snorunt. No females with it, though...I think my game dislikes Snorunt or something.
    So, you're breeding eh? if you are, good luck getting a Modest Snorunt. anyways, gonna be Hunting for some more Shinies. took me a Day to find the Starly with the Pokeradar. (was trying to find a Random Shiny Yesterday).

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Modest female Snorunt. Then I can commence breeding for high IVs in everything [since I'll be getting the right nature most of the time], and then for particular movesets, and then hope for Shining Snorunt with high IVs and particular movesets [just because it'd be kinda cool to have Shining Froslass], while trading off the bad [wrong Nature, low IVs, male] Shinies to collectors.

And then I can have a Froslass army.

|D

Of course, my goal is 100,000 Snorunt [releasing the wrong Natured or low IV ones; I have about three at the moment, sadly]. After that...I dunno. Breed the best Froslass in my army to make the army bigger...? Of course, after I have an army of 1,470 Froslass [all four of my lucky numbers], I'll be doing the same thing for Modest Shiftry.

AND THEN.

I WILL BRAG ABOUT IT.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I set a new record, I think I'm done for today... I caught 5 shinies today with the Pokeradar, 3 Nincadas and 2 Cascoons, I only caught Cascoon because I was EVing something and it just happened to get to the point where I was like... hmm might as well... XD.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I set a new record, I think I'm done for today... I caught 5 shinies today with the Pokeradar, 3 Nincadas and 2 Cascoons, I only caught Cascoon because I was EVing something and it just happened to get to the point where I was like... hmm might as well... XD.
    Five Shinies!! my luck, only caught 1 single shiny with the pokeradar. (today).

gplugia

JC.EXE
    Years
    July 31, 2007

Finished collecting all plates and incense.

Recieved new pokemon for EV training:
    Palkia, Sheildon, Riolu, Stunky, Croagunk, Rhyhorn, Skorupi, and Porygon Z

Increasing Riolu's happiness.

Tough day. Had to breed all the pokemon I recieved except for palkia and porygon , get the right nature and IV's.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Diamond Journal

July 26 - 31, 2007

New pokemon team: Psyduck, Bibarel, Pachirisu, Cranidos, Ponyta

I took these 5 pokemon for training from Hearthome City past Solaceon Town and through to Veilstone. Mostly trained on Route 210. (Damn, traded pokemon get insane amounts of experience from trainers' Happiny's!) Today, Cranidos evolved! It's a Rampardos now, and its physical attack is the strongest I think I've ever seen a pokemon demonstrate! Not much stands up to its Take Down attack, but the recoil damage adds up quickly unfortunately. After that, I spent a large amount of time in the underground digging up as many useful items as I could find.

77. Rampardos

Pokemon Pearl Data -
    TIME: 165:45 (+ 19hrs in Diamond)
    BADGES: 3
    POKeDEX: SEEN 090 OBTAINED 077

BoBoMaster13

Shiny and Event Collecter
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    Started a new game on my Pearl and i was going back to Sandgem town and was going through the grass and a Shiny Starly appeared and i did not have any Pokeballs! :(....

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Started a new game on my Pearl and i was going back to Sandgem town and was going through the grass and a Shiny Starly appeared and i did not have any Pokeballs! :(....
    Same thing happend to me once. but you'll eventually be catching lots of shines with the Pokeradar there is a Guide to this though, so i won't have to explain it to you. that's good, cause i'm not a very good explainer.

Years
    Same thing happend to me once. but you'll eventually be catching lots of shines with the Pokeradar there is a Guide to this though, so i won't have to explain it to you. that's good, cause i'm not a very good explainer.

Even with the guide it can still be kinda hard because it takes a bit of getting used to.

I entered a tournament and it's on Friday, while I still have to get two more Pokemon EV trained and certain levels to gain their movesets... I don't think I can make it. xD

Years
    The ones who beat the battle tower

I just got my Black card..lol
    im done with my game now i have to start iv training my pokemon

Last edited:

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Today I'm gathering up money so I can purchase more Quick Balls, I'm also trying to chain up Eevee, so wish me luck there... I'm also going to hunt for a Calm Synchronize Ralts. (I plan on using it to get a good natured Togepi/Shiny good nature Togepi.) I'm also training up my EV trained Pokemon, just for the heck of it. I also plan to EV train some more Pokemon.

Sunder

Ace Trainer
    Years
    July 31, 2007

Went to the Effort Lady in that town with Brandon's gym. Found out my Nidoqueen has maxed out her EVs, which I have no idea what they are all in because I really wasn't EV training her when she was a Nidoran.

Training my Swampert I recently tranfered over from Emerald. Need to increase his Sp.Def EVS. Attempting to EV my Zangoose's speed up along with its attack since it will take on the role of a Physical Sweeper.

Manaphy went into disuse because he has be offically deemed an Uber.

Went Trapinch hunting so that I can get the right Nature for my Flygon to replace Salamence....possibly replace it.

Defeated several times on Wi-Fi. Kicked Togekiss off the team and is currently looking for a replacement.

Arcanine breeding session beginning so, attempting to get some egg moves out of this.

Going to go Shroomish hunting soom. Starting to like the way people use Breloom's cheap Spore attack, possibly overused Blissey counter.

Attempting to train a couple of Politoeds, those unable to fit my training shall be relased with extreme prejudice. Got multiple Focus Sashes to cheat like everybody else does.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Well right now Im just training and shiny hunting Roselia.
    I beat the E-4 and got National-Dex.(read for more details in my signature).
    And my pokemon team is in my signature under trainer card. Im not sure what levels, and I cant check now because my bro iz playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on my DS :/
    Btw Im not Importing my Shiny pokemon from Emerald. I just dont want to. But Ill transfer my regular copies of pokemon that arent shiny.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I'm waiting for them to release a Arceus event.

I have my Pokedex completed, but I still need an Arceus. Come on!

Years
    August 01, 2007

I used the Action Replay to catch two shiny Vulpix at Route 209. I'm starting to get worried if they'll revoke my trainer card... Also hatched several Togepi in the same day, however, none of them are the nature I need.

So many things to do, but I don't have the will to do them. At least 27 Pokemon are in one of my boxes, waiting to be EV trained. I can't help but wonder if my ambition as a trainer is starting to die down...

Last edited:
    Years
    I just beat Palmer in the Battle Tower, so here is my warstory :):

My team:
    L50 shiny Seviper **BEE-GEE
    L50 Electivire **N.TESLA
    L50 Vaporeon **BUBBLE JET

His team:
    L50 Milotic
    L50 Rhyperior
    L50 Dragonite

I was happily playing along, creaming random Battle Tower trainers, when the attendant suddenly had something different to say. Oh. I'm about to battle the Tower Tycoon! He has a bunch of cliché stuff to say about his son and we get going.

Tower Tycoon Palmer wants to battle!
    Palmer sent out MILOTIC!
    Go! BEE-GEE! (L50 Seviper)
    *bling*

Oh dear. My poor Specs Seviper'll get walled so bad by this thing. Time to wall right back.

BEE-GEE! Come back!
    Go! BUBBLE JET! (L50 Vaporeon)
    The foe MILOTIC used Hydro Pump!
    BUBBLE JET absorbed damage with Water Absorb.

So now I pass a Sub for a free hit on this guy with my Vire. Sounds easy?

The foe MILOTIC used Hypnosis!
    BUBBLE JET fell asleep.
    BUBBLE JET is fast asleep.

Say, what? I thought I EVed my Vaporeon to outspeed min speed Milotic. Who does he think he is giving her Speed EVs? :( If I had only moved first, my Sub could've blocked the sleep. =/

The foe MILOTIC used Dragon Pulse! (~1/5th damage)
    BUBBLE JET is fast asleep.
    BUBBLE JET recovered HP using its Leftovers.
    The foe MILOTIC used Dragon Pulse! (~1/5th damage)
    BUBBLE JET woke up!
    BUBBLE JET used Substitute!
    BUBBLE JET recovered HP using its Leftovers.

Okay, now for the turnover...

The foe MILOTIC used Dragon Pulse! (Presumed ~4/5th damage to the Sub at the going rate)
    BUBBLE JET used Baton Pass!
    Go! N.TESLA! (L50 Electivire)

The foe MILOTIC used Hydro Pump!
    N.TESLA's Substitute broke. (friggin' Speed EVs...)
    N.TESLA used Thunderpunch! It's super effective! (100% damage)
    The foe MILOTIC fainted!

(3-2)

Palmer sent out RHYPERIOR!
    N.TESLA used Earthquake! It's super effective! (~75% damage)
    (6% damage to Vire from Life Orb)
    RHYPERIOR used Earthquake! It's super effective! (~60% damage)
    N.TESLA used Earthquake! It's super effective! (~25% damage)
    The foe RHYPERIOR fainted!

(3-1)

Palmer sent out DRAGONITE!

Oh dear. I know I can OHKO it with Ice Punch, but at only maybe 20% health, it can KO me with pretty much anything, and Dragonites usually carry lots Speed. I'll have to sacrifice my Seviper so that Vaporeon can Wish Vire back and maybe give him a Sub if there's time.

N.TESLA, good! Come back!
    Go! BEE-GEE! (L50 Seviper)
    *bling*
    The foe DRAGONITE used Stone Edge!
    The foe DRAGONITE's attack missed!

BEE-GEE used Sludge Bomb! (~40% damage) (What the? Slow Seviper goes first?)
    The foe DRAGONITE used Dragon Rush! (100% damage)
    BEE-GEE fainted!

(2-1)

Go! BUBBLE JET! (L50 Vaporeon)
    The foe DRAGONITE used Dragon Rush! (~40% damage)
    BUBBLE JET fainted!

(1-1)

Go! N.TESLA! (L50 Electivire)

The whole reason I switched out was because I thought his Nite would be fast. Since it isn't...

N.TESLA used Ice Punch! It's super effective! (~60% damage)
    The foe DRAGONITE fainted!

(1-0)

Palmer was defeated!

Cue tacky line about facing trainers around the world and growing stronger. :P

Poor Seviper didn't really do anything. Vaporeon was nice but didn't really take as many hits as I'd have liked. Vire had a blast sweeping, but he's a little frail. Prior to Palmer, Seviper had fun 3-0ing many teams, so I'm keeping her for now. UU and Shiny Power!

koop88

Super Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2008
    wow... i had a good day today! i stayed home from work, got to see my grandpa that i haven't seen for years. I played pokemon and decided to trade off my shiny poochyena that I've had for a long time and not really been a fan of. (i train to battle) so i decided to trade it for a pokemon with the pokerus because I've been EV training for far too long.... anyways i couldn't get the first trade to go through (error 86420....arg) and i tried again three hours later with someone else and felt good about finally seeing some use out of my shiny poochyena.... and then... of all things i go out to spread the pokerus to my sneasle and sure enough the first pokemon that i see is a shiny ponyta.... BLUE how crazy is that...... I'm thinking i should trade that one off too, i might just find a mew on route 202!!!!!! and then someone offered me a MEW by pm for FREE.... and i'm not one to put down an offer like that even if it isn't fully (just cloned) legit..... wo wo wo wo woooooo.....!?!?!?!?!?! and of all things after the next 5 minutes later i ran into mespirit, while going to EV train again. But my luck ran out cause i tried to catch it at full health with no status condition with a dusk ball.... oh well all good things come to an end.

Last edited:

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
    One day, I was trying to get rid of a hacked Manaphy on the GTS. (Yes, even PC has a few hacks.) I put it up asking for another lower-level Manaphy. A day later, I come back to find one from Japan at level 5 holding Kings Rock. The thing that caught my attention was that it was a "fateful encounter" at "Lovely Place". I thought it was another hack. So I asked around. To my suprise, the Manaphy was legit from the Japan showing of the Manaphy movie. That was my luckiest day on Wi-Fi. (I am now EV training it.)

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Yesterday:

Aug. 1, Wednesday:
    Started from Hearthrome City.
    Got through Floaroma Meadow.
    Exited from the Flower Shop.
    Flew to Fight Arena.
    Flew to Oreburgh City.
    GOLBAT was caught (DAY).