• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    Today was my lucky day ^_^
    I was trying to obtain a shiny Bonsly but I gave up after my chain broke up at 37. When I was going back to Sandgem Town to check the swarm, I decided to go to the Great Marsh just for fun. In there, I was trying to find a Carnivine(since I released mine because my PC was full), when suddenly, a shiny Azurill showed up. I was like "OMG" when I saw it(I like that little thing ^^). I asked myself: "Do I give him a bait or do I throw the ball? If I throw the Safari ball, it can break free and run. If I throw the bait, it can run away" I was so worried because I relly wanted that Azurill. I decided to throw the Safari ball but it broke free. Fortunately it didn't run away(*phew*), so I throw another safari ball, and it got caught ^^
    After that, I was so happy that I decided to go and try to chain another Bonsly, and for my great luck, the second chain I made was of 47.
    Now I have 2 new shinies ^^

Years
    LUCKY. I've never gotten that lucky. Except in Emerald I found a shiny Tentacool, but didn't see it as worth because I didn't know I'd be able to migrate to D/P when I had it. Started a new game :(

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Not much today. Mistook Lucas's sister. Ended up on wrong route. Fainted Delibird. Trained Shelgon s'more. Got rich people to fight me. Cresselia's (LUNA) close to leveling up. Giratina (Shadow) won a Smart Normal Rank contest with flying colors on all three acts. Aquired Green Barette. Did some more training. Eventually got bored and saved.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    >_< GOD! I've been chaining all day... I got one chain up to 50 and nothing... I'm back to how I was a few posts back... and now all the good patches are starting to be bad... I swear it shouldn't be that hard to chain up your swarm Pokemon... (Farfetch'd)

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Im making a new team of Absol (completed eving) Miltank (hatching atm) and Lanturn (done nothing :S) for the battle tower :D
    hopefully it all goes well

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Today the game decided to have Mercy on me and I caught a Shiny Growlithe, the chain was at 33 when the shiny patch rustled, so I managed to catch it and my Kirlia didn't fail me when I wanted it to increase my chance of finding an Adamant Growlithe, so I'm happy, and it's highest IV is Attack =D. (I can't wait till I get Wi-fi so I can find out his IV's) I plan on EVing my new Weavile (She evolved at level 2) and I plan to finish EV training some of my other Pokemon... I almost chained a lot of Ralts today, but to my dismay none were Sassy, but I'm working on making a Sassy Espeon so I can have a Sassy Synchronizer, and I will continue today by chaining Togepi and Bronzor, wish me luck =D.

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    Aug. 3 Friday
    -Started from Jubilife City
    -Honey was obtained
    -Got through Eterna Forest
    -Arrived in Eterna City
    -Used a PC Box
    -Caught a female MISDREAVUS
    -Beat Kody at Eterna Forest

Current Team:
    Misdreavus Lvl. 10
    Monferno Lvl. 18
    Shellos Lvl. 18
    Staravia Lvl. 19

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Wow... I've had quite a few interesting happenings in Diamond and Pearl lately... most noticeably Pearl.

Diamond

Lately I've been doing a lot of training in the Old Chateau. It's become quite a popular training place for my Psychics and anyone who needs Special Attack EV's. My current goal is to get all my twenty-something Pokemon to level 25.

One thing I learned recently was that the Good Rod is available on Route 209. Wait--Route 209?!? That fisherman guy? I pass by him all the time when I go to water my berries... *goes to get Good Rod* I want my Finneon and Remoraid and Goldeen!

Also recently, I caught a Girafarig. She was level 25 and I nicknamed her Primrose. And while I was training in the Old Chateau, my Mime Jr evolved.

I also caught a bunch more Unown, and like in Pearl, I gave them nicknames based on their letter and Hidden Power type. The Unowns I have now are nicknamed Newstone, Eskimo, Ion, Fern, Donner, Vuelo, Long, Magnet, Brainwave, and Hikou. Sometimes I had a rather hard time coming up with nicknames like that, but it's fun anyways!

Pearl

A whole bunch of things happened in Pearl lately:

Time to face the third gym! Crasher Wake's gym, to be exact. Anyways, I started the battle off with my Prinplup (Brucey), because I had no clue what Pokemon Wake'd be using. Okay, so it turns out he uses a Gyarados first. Uh-oh, Bubblebeam and Metal Claw won't be very effective... Brucey did do some damage with Bubblebeam and Peck, but ended up fainting. Then I sent out Cubby, my Luxio--which KO'd Gyarados in one Spark after enduring a Brine attack. Anyways, next he sent out Quagsire. Wait--Quagsire?!? Uh-oh, Cubby's Spark won't work here! Time to let Sam (Roselia) do the trick! Well, good old Sam KO'd Quagsire with one Giga Drain. Whew... But then, Wake sent out a Floatsel. Hm... I guess Sam can take him. NOOOO, Ice Fang is super-effective! There goes Sam... Okay, let's try Cubby. Spark seems to do quite a bit of damage... HEY! Wake, using a Hyper Potion is cheating!!! Grr... Okay, Cubby gets KO'd by Brine... Then let's try Elizabeth (my Vespiquen), not that that'll work... Wow, she withstands the first Ice Fang! Amazing!!! ...But then she gets frozen, and KO'd the next turn. Just my luck... Uh-oh, I'm not going to win... Let's try Wendy, my Drifblim. Let's use the old Stockpile. Floatsel uses... Brine? Why not Ice Fang? OK... Now Stockpile 2! Good thing Drifblim has high HP... Now let's use Gust! And another Gust! Oh no, another Ice Fang will KO poor Wendy! ...But next turn, Floatsel does something else. And Spit Up KO's Floatsel!!! Whew, lucky break...

WHAT?!? I actually got the fourth badge instead of the third? Hmm... I guess Maylene gives out the third badge.

Anyways, then I faced Maylene straight afterward. This battle was much easier compared to Wake. So I go in with Sam up first--again I don't know which Pokemon she'll send out first. What? A Meditite? Great... Well, Meditite KO'd Sam in two Confusions, but Sam managed to sneak in a Toxic Spikes beforehand. Then Elizabeth finished that Meditite off with a couple of Gusts. Anyways, then Maylene sent out Machoke, and I switched to Ishandra, my Misdreavus which didn't get to participate in the previous gym battle. She KO'd Machoke with two Psybeams. Anyways, lastly, Maylene sent out Lucario--who wasn't affected by my Toxic Spikes... Anyways, I switched to Cubby, hoping to use a Charge-Spark combo. But he got KO'd with Force Palm before he could pull that off... I don't remember much of what happened afterward, but in the end either Wendy or Ishandra ended up KOing Lucario, winning the battle.

After that, I headed up to Celestic Town. I didn't have a Pokemon with Defog with me, so I had a rather hard time fighting some of the trainers in the fog... Though in one battle, Brucey was up against a trainer's Skorupi in the fog, and managed to KO the Skorupi with a Bubblebeam after it used Acupressure. Wow, that was lucky... Anyways, my Drifloon and Luxio evolved during that time.

In the days afterward, I went to the Great Marsh to get the HM for Defog. While I was there, I caught a bunch of Pokemon--including Psyduck, Wooper, Marill, and Carnivine. I also saw a Skorupi but failed to catch it. Then I taught Defog and Fly to my Staravia, and every day I would fly to various towns to water berries or to do daily events.

But what was also interesting was what happened today:

-First, I did the standard routine of watering berry plants.
    -After that, I flew on my Staravia to Hearthome City. There, I ventured out to Route 209 to get a Good Rod, then went back to Hearthome to visit Amity Square. I took my Buneary and Psyduck there, and picked up interesting things such as a couple of Green Scales, and a Watmel and a Pamtre Berry.
    -Then I flew to Pastoria City to plant the two new berries I just received.
    -After that, I decided to fly to Celestic Town, where I fought the Galactic member guarding the entrance to the ruins. Pretty easy battle... Anyways, I got the HM for Surf then, but didn't bother to teach it to any of my Pokemon just yet--not even Brucey.
    -The elder who gave me the HM told me about a gym in Hearthome City, so I went there and decided to check it out. When I did, obviously I aced all the math questions in the gym... (weird traps...) Then I saved the game when I got to Fantina, because I highly doubted I was going to win the battle with her. (With a team of level 30-31 Pokemon, two of which are ghosts?)

Okay, now for the battle with Fantina. I decided to start with Elizabeth, having no clue who Fantina would sent out first. ...What, a Drifblim? Ok, it was level 32, not so bad. I thought Elizabeth was done for when Drifblim used Gust--but it cut less than half of her HP. Hooray for Vespiquen's high defenses! Anyways, this particular battle was pretty long. Fortunately Elizabeth knew Power Gem, and was thus able to do a fair bit of damage with that. However, after two Gust attacks from Drifblim, Elizabeth had to use Heal Order a couple of times. The cycle continued--Drifblim either used Eerie Wind, Gust, or Astonish on Elizabeth, and when Elizabeth's HP got too low, she used Heal Order. When her HP wasn't low, she used Power Gem. In the midst of this, Fantina used a Hyper Potion on Drifblim... Also in the midst of this, Drifblim used Minimize a couple of times, but Elizabeth's Power Gems still hit most of the time. But eventually, she fainted.

Next, I sent out Brucey. The brave little Prinplup tried to use Bubblebeam a few times, but ended up missing. Meanwhile, Drifblim used Minimize two more times. Then, Brucey tried another Bubblebeam--and this one hit! Arrgh--Drifblim still had a tiny bit of HP left from that attack! So Brucey tried another Bubblebeam--and the second one hit as well! Impressive... And this one KO'd Drifblim. This caused Brucey to advance to level 31.

Then Fantina sent out Mismagius. Oooh, my favourite Pokemon!!! Anyways, I decided to continue with Brucey. However, he got KO'd by a Psybeam before he could attack...

Then I sent out Wendy... She used Gust the first turn, then Stockpile the next couple of turns, then Gust again. During that time, Mismagius used Magical Leaf, which I found rather stupid. However, after that Wendy was KO'd by a bunch of Astonishes and Shadow Balls.

Next I sent out Sam. Mismagius started out by using Confuse Ray, but Sam managed to avoid hurting himself and used Giga Drain. But on the second turn, he was KO'd by a Shadow Ball.

Then I made things interesting by sending out Ishandra. Whoopee, Misdreavus versus Mismagius... Anyways, Ishandra survived Mismagius's first Psybeam, then used Confuse Ray. Mismagius hurt herself in her confusion, then restored a bit of HP using a Sitrus Berry. Then Ishandra used Pain Split, which didn't do a whole lot of damage but recovered a little HP for her. Over the next few turns, Ishandra used Astonish and Psybeam, and even Confuse Ray in case Mismagius snapped out of confusion. Then, one turn Mismagius's HP went into the red zone, so I just decided to have Ishandra attack with Astonish. She succeeded, but Fantina used a Hyper Potion before Mismagius could faint. On the next turn, Mismagius snapped out of confusion and KO'd Ishandra with a Shadow Ball.

Down to my last Pokemon, I sent out Cubby, who immediately got hit by Confuse Ray. But he managed to use Bite anyways, cutting more than half of Mismagius's HP. But on the next turn, he hurt himself in confusion, which got his HP into the red zone. When that happened, I used a Moomoo Milk on Cubby, fully restoring his HP. Then Mismagius used Psybeam, and Cubby KO'd Mismagius with another Bite attack. Whew...

But Fantina still had one Pokemon left: Gengar! Oh darn, I though I really was done for... I had one Pokemon left too--a confused Luxray! Anyways, on the first turn, Gengar used Shadow Claw, and Cubby hurt himself in confusion. Oh no, one more Shadow Claw would KO Cubby... So, I decided to cure Cubby with a Lemonade. On that turn, Gengar used Spite, which was useless. Anyways, then Gengar used Poison Jab, which poisoned Cubby, and Cubby snapped out of confusion (finally) and used Bite--which left Gengar with less than half HP. Then I used another Lemonade to cure Cubby--and Gengar used Spite to lower Bite's PP. Then Gengar used Poison Jab, and Cubby used Bite--and KO'd Gengar!! Whoa... that was WAY too close...

The next time I play Pearl, I'll try out that Surf...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'm currently hunting for a Bold/Calm Cresselia with good HP and decent/good Defense and Sp.Defense, but it's taking ages because every time I reset it takes around 5 minutes to find Cresselia again. It's starting to get so tedious I'll just settle for the first Calm Cresselia I get unless it has crappy HP.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The last time I touched my game was two weeks back, since I've been busy as of late. I had only gotten up to the Pokemon Super Contest part and received the Happiny egg before I stopped. This was my second time playing through~

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    4th August

Whilst Surfing on Lake Acuity, I got my first shiny since G/S: A blue Psyduck! Woohoo! I named him Bubblegum. Got myself to Spear Pillar and caught Dialga. It was a good move to not evolve Ponyta until she learned Flare Blitz. Made Cyrus a lot easier. Also, I reached Sunyshore. Heh, 100 hours and still haven't finished the main game yet.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    August 4th
    Started today on Route 230. Caught a Shiny Togepi it was the nature I wanted, and it has the ability I wanted! (I got it on video so I might put it up on Youtube or something...)

Now I'm hunting a Shiny Bronzor (Sassy with Levitate I hope...), I feel I'm going to have to waste my Repel because I forgot to heal my Swampert who I've been using to chain today... I really should breed it for a better nature and EV train...

Edit:I caught 2 Shiny Bronzors... second one broke my chain and one was Sassy, but it has Heatproof =(... I'll just have to try again some other time...

~Things I wish to accomplish today~
    Catch Shiny Bronzor (Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get what I said in the last sentence.)
    Get an Impish Hippopatas
    Jolly Croagunk
    Breed Jolly Swinubs till I can find one with a 31 IV in speed
    get a Sassy (I think the other possible nature I could get is Bold...) Duskull and Snover
    Chain Gastly and try to get Shiny Modest/Timid.

Last edited:

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    ~August 3rd

-Started the game in my player's house.
    -I caught a shiny Girafarig today, it's a male, Gentle nature and one of my favorite pkmn;)
    -I caught a shiny Minun in the Trophy Garden;), it's a female with a Timid nature:D
    -I hatched lots of Eevee eggs 'til I got one with these IVs: 29 HP, 31 Sp.Atk and 30 Speed. I'm thinking if I should evolve it into Vaporeon, Espeon or Glaceon...
    -My Swarm was Corsola, too bad I had no time to chain:(

~August 4th

-Started the game inside my House(I always save my game inside the house at night).
    -I caught a Ditto with perfect Sp.Atk IVs:D
    -I'm currently chaining for a shiny Spoink(my today's swarm).
    -I forgot to buy repels and my chain is 34 right now, I only have 15 repels left.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Today has been quite boring.

I learned how to chain, but haven't actually put it to any use as of yet. Right now, I'm trying to hatch a female Piplup (the closest thing to impossible, IMO) so I can breed for an Empoleon with Agility. I'm gonna take some time to chain afterwards. I'd like a Shiny Ralts. I've never had a Ralts.

EDIT: The gods of breeding must be shining upon me - As soon as I posted this I hatched a female! Yay!

axel steel

pro shiny collectorand trader
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    lol im in pokemon legue with party all lvl 100's garchomp , shiny charzard, shiny mewtwo, shiny spiritomb shiny rampardos, and a shiny deoxys atk 4rm

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Alrighty...I caught a male Impish Roselia while looking for Meowth in the Trophy garden, named him Natalie [yes, you heard me right; Natalie] and got inspired to go on a catching spree. Didn't get anything remarkably good, but I finally got that cute male Nidoran I wanted.

|D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back