• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh/Kanto/Johto Regions

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
Years
  • My all time favorite has been Johto, its just gorgeous, and so different. Have you guys noticed that in most pokemon games your starting town is in the south West of the region? In johto New Bark is at the east. I really enjoy Johto, its beutiful, variety of Pokemon all you want, has legends, very japanese-ish customs, great gym leaders, and awesome music.

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years
  • JOHTO

My favorite region would be..... ummm... JOHTO!!!
    Cuz of the red gyarados! I love the red gyarados. And Ho-oh and Lugia are there! And lots of other legends like celebi!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Kanto!

I like the gym leaders.And I've never played Johto.I like some areas of Sinnoh (Hotel Grand Lake, around Sunnyshore,Sandgem,Resort Area).I want Hg/Ss mainly because of Kanto, and because Johto sounds great

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • eh? how come hoenn isnt in the title :[ anyways hoenn is my favorite in-game region. I spent more time in hoenn than I did in johto. I just love that tropical place. It introduced abilities, running shoes, contests, the battle frontier, route weather effects, diving, double battles, gym leader double battles, EV's and IV's, and secret bases.

yeah :]

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • My Old Favorite would be g/s/c Johto, And my new Favorite would be HG/SS Johto. :)
    In general the g/s/c was my favorite generation, Loved the gym leaders/Layout/Areas/Fact that you can go to Kanto, So that means there is 2x the areas to explore and visit.

I've disliked how there has been only like 1 real continent you can go to in the last few games, Always missed being able to go from Johto/Kanto like things.

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Kanto for me because it's the first region but if i had to choose then Kanto the Hoenn would be the place

Ihtesam

Pokemon Master, Battle Me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Hmm Seems the regions will be fun to explore :D

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I have only play Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Kinda skipped a generation...

So I can't decide my favorite until I play Johto.

At the moment, Kanto is my favorite because it was the original on the Gameboy Color.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Johto! Silver was the first game I got with my Gameboy colour all those years ago. I love the starters and the general feel the region emitts. It's awesome. I'm so keen for the remakes!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    its an obvious choice. johto. not only was it one of the only good sequel of a game, but its much different then the other games,concept wise, and i feel like sinnoh was close but johto just cant be beat.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Hey isn't there already a thread for this?
    Anyway, mine would probably be Johto like most others. I think that it is the most fun region to play in, and has some awesome gym leaders too!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I think there is a thread like this

@curious how is Bugsy awesome besides his scyther ? and Faulkner and his birds nothing awesome about a pidgey Hoenn has the coolest leaders
    but Johto is still my favorite

RoxasauceKOD

No! My sauce belongs to me :<
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    Easily, the best gen is Johto, Hoenn sucked and Kanto was good.
    Sinnoh was fairly good.

Johto has all my fav pokemon in it Umbreon, Feraligatr, Heracross, Aipom, Pichu and Lugia.
    Also you get an awesome shiny and get to visit Kanto again.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I like Johto because it's so nostalgic and it's got the best starters and legendaries.

My second favourite is Sinnoh because I like Mt. Coronet and I like all the gen4 pokemon that evolve from pokemon of other generations.

Back