• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Skarmory or Mantine?

Skarmory or Mantine?

• Mantine

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Skarmory

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Gold exclusive:
    Skarmory or Mantine?
    Silver exclusive:
    Skarmory or Mantine?

Which one do you prefer?

Last edited:

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    I've used Mantine on Gold and Crystal before, so Mantine for me purely from my enjoyment in using them.

But looking at these Pokemon side by side is very, very interesting as they both have the same base stat total of 465. They both have 65HP and 70SPD (Although in GenVII, Mantines HP was buffed to 85, but we'll pretend that didnt happen :P) But when you look at their Attacking stats, Skarmory has 80ATK and 40 SP.ATK, whilst Mantines is the opposite with 40 and 80 respectively. The same thing happens with Defensive stats. Skarmory 140 DEF, 70SP.DEF whilst Mantine has 70 and 140 respectively. They're also both flying types of course.

I always find these things interesting and helpful when picking a Pokemon but your pick should never come to stats and should be what you like the most :) Which is why regardless I'd pick Mantine again and again!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Oh man uhhh. I like them both so much. :( Mantine has saved me a ton in various games, but so has Skarmory. I think I'll go with Skarmory just because it's edgier and cooler.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    idk why but for some reason I always thought that mantine was the silver exclusive and corsola was the gold exclusive lol... anyways I voted skarmory but kinda regretting that choice now xD

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh Skarmory for sure. One of the first cool steel types.

Sirfetch’d

I quite like both but as a competitive player, Skarmory has been a staple of teams since....forever. I'll go with it!

Years
    Skarmory! His typing is stronger for a wall if being a cool bird with swords for wings and the party leader of Steven Stone weren't enough! Skarmory resists more than half of the pokemon elemental types, normal, flying, psychic, bug, dragon, fairy other steel types, even ghosts and dark Pokemon in this gen. He has not just one but 2 immunities in poison and ground. With only a mere 2 weaknesses electricity and fire, and no 4x weakness.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I've used Mantine on Gold and Crystal before, so Mantine for me purely from my enjoyment in using them.

But looking at these Pokemon side by side is very, very interesting as they both have the same base stat total of 465. They both have 65HP and 70SPD (Although in GenVII, Mantines HP was buffed to 85, but we'll pretend that didnt happen :P) But when you look at their Attacking stats, Skarmory has 80ATK and 40 SP.ATK, whilst Mantines is the opposite with 40 and 80 respectively. The same thing happens with Defensive stats. Skarmory 140 DEF, 70SP.DEF whilst Mantine has 70 and 140 respectively. They're also both flying types of course.

I always find these things interesting and helpful when picking a Pokemon but your pick should never come to stats and should be what you like the most :) Which is why regardless I'd pick Mantine again and again!

I love your way of thinking, stats shouldn't be the main reason of liking a Pokemon. More fans should think this way tbh. Although to even out the Mantine HP boost they should give Skarmory 85 HP too as it both make them more defensive and parallel again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mantine! It was always joyous to find it appear near the Whirl Islands... as a kid I thought it was actually one of the legitimate coolest Pokemon. :') Mainly because it was like, uncommon and wasn't Tentacool but y'know.

Back