• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skarmory question?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I'm thinking about breeding a Skarmory that knows both Stealth Rock and Spikes, do you feel that would be a tad redundant though to use 2 moves on something that effectively does the same thing or what? I suppose I could fill out the other 2 moves with a flying move and a steel move.

BTW if anyone has a Skarmory that knows the egg move Stealth Rock or could give me the parents I need to breed said egg move, it would be appreciated. I'm using Pokemon Y.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The only thing Stealth Rock and Spikes have in common is they damage Pokémon upon entering the battle. Beyond that, they're completely different.
    - Not counting hazard removals, you can stack Spikes up to three times, but you can only set Stealth Rock once.
    - Stealth Rock is a rock-type move, so fire-, bug-, ice- and flying-types will get double damage upon entry when SR is up. Types that resist rock-types will get reduced damage upon entry.
    - Flying-types, Pokémon with Levitate or Pokémon holding an Air Balloon will not get hurt from Spikes upon entry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Yes, now I'm beginning to think Stealth Rock and SPikes would be a bit redundant. It only introduces one new damage type.

I might use the move for something else. Still I am eventually going to start breeding Skarmory's, just not now it would seem.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can use both, just it's best to have them on separate Pokemon. Otherwise you're eating up moveslots that could be used for other also important things.

Back