• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I drew Rao from Ookami~ <3 It's half Ninetails possessed Rao and half True Rao, which is why there's a split down the middle.

SL's Art Thread

And here I drew a leg tutorial for my friend, Haz, who needed help with some anatomy issues. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Spoiler:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Thanks for the tutorial even though you made it for your friend, but I really love the shine you put on the necklace and boy do I need to watch more anime's to know who these characters are

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Personally, I love her boobs. XD But that's just the pervy me talking.

Anyway, I also drew Issun. In Rao's boobs. *shot*

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Sorry, girl, but SL liekz boobz. XDD

This is something I whipped up in an hour. Not meant to be fantastic or anything. I was just trying my hand at quickly drawing Medicham. And I had nothing better to do. =P
    SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    mmmm! nice Medicham. i think the foot could potentially have been a bit bigger to emphasize and the Medicham could have had its focus more on where the kick was going to make this a dramatic action-shot, but that besides, thats still really nice, you improved alot since I last saw your stuff :)!
    xD Issuns expression makes me laugh, by the way!~
    and oooooh!!!! mmmmm Morii... uh.. i mean. *cough* OURAN 8¬D!!!!<3~ man i haven't watched any of that in a while. good stuff. gotta be said you captured their style very well in your pic of Shinji in their uni~ verrrry nice. o3o... though... it is just reminding me fo the guy frm that episode.. the one with the newspaper club. y'know? the chairman guy? yeah. looks like him XD.... thats not a bad thing, though!
    Theif Meowth! ah man i always loved there. they are so naughty. and you made it look epic! More meowth should look that freakin' cool >8O!
    nuh.. uh. let me see. seriousness.. *deep breathing* ahhh yes. now, i don't know if you still wanted crits on that Eddy of yours, what with the ear 'n' all but.... it's gotta be said :)

well, the ear being funny is mostly symptomatic of the hairline. ok ok ok, let see. *this is hard to explain without visual aids* hairlines are so often misdrawn. look at your own hairline. start with your fingers together in the centre of the forehead where the hair meets the face. Trace along that line ... it goes in at the temples, see? Outward ina rounded smooth line, then down and round where the temples are. Here, infact, it should be noted how close the hairline actually comes to the eyebrows. If someone was really hairy and had BIG eyebrows. they might even meet up there O_O... but thats a scary thought so i'll move on from that... so yes, after going out at the temples it goes back in again, nearly to where the top of the ear attaches to the head. (i hope you are following this okay XD;) After that the sideburns begin! So, this should help, but if not then start with your finger at the top of your ear *where it meets the head, again* and draw a straight line with your finger across your face until... yes you meet the corner of your eye. the top of the ear where it attaches is level with the corner of the eye. The top of the ear itself is usually level with the eyebrow but it depends on how big your ears are ¦¬D...
    the BOTTOM of the ear, well, see for yourself again. using the same thing as before. its around about the corner of the mouth, yes?
    Now, once you know that, think about the jaw line. There's a little dip under the lobe and above the jaw where the two meet. Then the jaw curves dooooown. so the lobe and the jaw shouldn't overlap like you drew it on Eddy there (if you see what I mean X___X). The most major thing with the ear is that the lobe is ma-hooge. You made the earhole come down far too low and not go up enough. Look at a real ear if you don't get me. :)

I really hope that has helped you. ^^ keep up the good stuff~

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I decided to practice drawing wings. Since I'm bad at drawing birds and all. I think it turned out wonderfully.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Since there were no comments, I'll just post up another of my works. I made a shoulders and neck tutorial, considering people have no idea what the hell body proportions are. I made one for male and one for female and put them in the same picture.

Watch for 'arm proportions' next! =3

SL's Art Thread

I also made my basic stage fire starter Fakemon, Ichiteru~
    SL's Art Thread

And here's my OC, Hizaki. I noticed I made his shoulders too small. . ._." Buuuuuuut his legs are short for a reason: He's only 5'5".
    SL's Art Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    My review:
    Your new tutorial is disappointing...
    you haven't actually said anything about shoulders in proportion to head size, nor have you mentioned the muscle structure and quantity differences between the genders. I mean you didn't even mention the Adams apple or anything. to be honest I think you need to work on your own understanding of anatomy.

Your new fakemon, aside from having a pretty bland design *even for a basic starter* looks pretty roughly drawn. the lines are messy, they are thick in that area above the shoulder and thin and wobbling about all over the show in other areas like the rear of the thing. Next time I'd recommend working on making your line art smooth, it doesn't look very nice at all here. Its anatomy needs work too. Aside from the placement of the front legs being entirely too far forward, it's got a really thin neck for having such a big head. It looks like it would plop right off like it is now.
    I don't know why you only chose to give it one eye. Unless its part of the design you really should have put the other one on too. now it just looks like your forgot it. The shading here is utterly bizarre and i don't even know where you start describing what you did wrong there to you. Its also very simplistic. it makes the critter seem to lack shape and dimension and makes it really unconvincing. I think that's enough on that one for now.

As for your OC...
    The hat is sitting on his head completely wrong. his head is tilted how you drew it and yet the hat still seems to be sitting where it would be if his head was upright. it makes it look really awkward. One thing rings out really clearly from this. you need to work on male anatomy. a lot. The bent arm looks so painful, i don't know WHAT possessed you to make his armpit go that high but it looks really stupidly sore like that. it needs to have a softer curve that's lower down. Arms actually link to either the boobs or the pectorals (depending on gender) and you really messed that up. the waist lacks a whole lot of structure, it's evident you've never actually paused to think what a male waist actually looks like *or a male anything, so it appears here.* You seem to be having these problems consistently. Do everyone a favour and work on it.

and as for the legs... i don't know WHY you think short people must have short legs. but let me correct you. i am just under five ft and my legs are in perfect proportion to the rest of me. So i don't think that if your OC is short the only thing short about him will be his legs. he would just be short in comparison to others.

there things you need to work on are the placement of eyes on the head. and make your poses look more natural. this one looks so wooden. there's not a drop of flesh or muscular shape here. Its like he's made out of blocks.
    the hand holding the pokeball also appears to be on backwards. even if its on the right way this isn't the direction it would be facing due to how he's standing.
    You made his arm way too long too. which doesn't help the legs situation. You also need to re-think the shading on this one, you seem to have like five different light sources again. which is pretty rubbish.
    You need to work on shoes. and making the feet on the same level. he has one leg longer than the other right now. Its not that difficult once you have a grasp on proportions.
    one last thing: i don't know what that hand it meant to be doing under that jacket. but it looks kinda freaky.

all in all: a lot of things need a lot of work if you want your art to start looking more palatable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    In the tutorial, I did talk about proportions. I said the hand is normally the size of the shoulder for women and for men the shoulder may but up to two hand sizes. That's plenty of information to make a good shoulder.

As for the short legs issue, I have to disagree. I'm under 5'5" and I have short legs. Short legs is what makes you short in the first place.

As for the rest, I agree. Thank you.

EDIT: I made my arm tutorial. I gave it some joint information to make it easier to understand why it moves the way it does. Hopefully, it's up to your standards, yes?
    Spoiler:

The ear tutorial was hella easy, actually. I got that one done quickly and it's still in depth.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Terribly sorry I haven't drawn anything in the forever. I was grounded, unfortunately. But I'm back (for now)!

I drew Amaterasu. =3

SL's Art Thread

Then I colored her.
    SL's Art Thread

LugiaFreak

Years
  • OhGod! Amaterasu~ <3

Other than her snout being a little thin, this is very well done. The coloring is good, too.

Plus, 10/10 'cuz it's AMATERASU! xDD

Back