• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Entry is received!

I'll also mention that once judging is over you can post your entry in the FF&W section, which I'd advise doing. =)

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • All entries received here, too. I'll also add my support to bobandbill's suggestion that you post your entries in the FF&W section; I'm building up quite a lot of notes as I read through these, and I'll be able to give them all as more detailed feedback in the context of a review. Or perhaps I'll just condense them and stick them in with the results; that'll probably get them to you quicker.

F.A.B.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • When does this contest end?

And do the fanfictions have to end or can they also have open endings?

Well, we don't really have a set end date now that we've gone past our second deadline, but if you have a story in mind, scribble it down in the next day or so and enter!

We will only accept completed stories, but, you know, if you wanted to have a Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels-style ending where the outcome is ambiguous, that would be totally cool. What we can't accept is a story that reads like Chapter One of a much longer story - it does have to be a complete, self-contained entity, ambiguous ending or not.

F.A.B.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Ah I see c: then i'll go write something down then~

EDIT: I PM'ed my entry to all the judges!

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I believe we've received most (if not all) of the entries, so I'm sure that it's safe to say that we'll begin judging soon.

If the other two are ready to begin judging, I'll get to work myself and will have my own results up within a few days.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We've already started, Cosmic. =p PM us or use the planning thread (usually we do the former) the scores/comments if you have any of the latter, and I'll put them together for posting.

On that note, I'm not too far from finishing myself.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And the results are in! There's comments attached from each of the judges as well.

Thanks for joining everyone. Please post your stories to the FF&W section so others can check them out!

5th

DISCORD – EliteBeats

Overall (out of 30):

bobandbill: 14
    Cosmic Fury: 13
    Cutlerine: 13

GRAND TOTAL: 40/90

Score Breakdown and Comments:
    Spoiler:

4th

I Won't Forget – AllergicProductions

Overall (out of 30):

bobandbill: 12
    Cosmic Fury: 24
    Cutlerine: 12

GRAND TOTAL: 48/90

Spoiler:

EQUAL 2ND

Eternal Snow – PinkSapphire

Overall (out of 30):

bobandbill: 17
    Cosmic Fury: 23
    Cutlerine: 19

GRAND TOTAL: 59/90

Spoiler:

THE OTHER EQUAL 2ND

The Lightning American: Account of 'The War for Kanto' by Lt. Surge – Lowstah

Overall (out of 30):

bobandbill: 19
    Cosmic Fury: 22
    Cutlerine: 18

GRAND TOTAL: 59/90

Spoiler:

1st

By What Right? – icomeanon6

Overall (out of 30):

bobandbill: 26
    Cosmic Fury: 25
    Cutlerine: 24

GRAND TOTAL: 75/90

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Congratulations to the winners c: I can't wait to read the stories in the fanfiction corner if you plan to submit it there ^^

Years
  • Wow thanks so much for the amazing feedback! Was not expecting to do so well! I'll post it up soon enough :)
    Congratulations to icomeanon for absolutely blowing us out of the water! haha

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Woot. (Internet-types still say "woot," right?)

Congrats right back at you, Lowstah and PinkSapphire! I see your entries are up already, and I'm looking forward to reading them. :) Mine will be up shortly.

I'd also like to say thanks to Allergic and Elite; participation's been down these last two get-togethers, and it means a lot to me that you helped keep this contest going. And thanks especially to Cosmic, b&b, and Cutlerine for judging, and providing everyone with thorough, immediate feedback for that matter! Pretty sure that's the first time all the judges did that. I'll try to respond in depth to your critiques later, perhaps along with a revision of my story.

Back