• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Smashmons: Spirit Red (Version 1.02)

Should the IVs still be random for each Pokemon?

• -Keep IVs as is, making every Pokemon unique, with some being better, while others being worse, whic

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • -All IVs are always 31, making every Pokemon the same, except for their nature, making practically e

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toyotasomi no Miko

It's a car joke, see.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Is there a TM/HM compatibility list somewhere or one that can be made? There's one for levelup moves, sure, but not for the other moves.

Also, I know that Explosion Nuke halves Defense, but does Self-Destruct still do that as well?

Regardless of the answers to these questions, this is definitely pretty enjoyable, even if the balance of some things is a bit... weird.
    just go and use save states to catch an amayze dayzee the second you can and watch the entirety of the game just fall apart

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Your team seems quite good (and not too cheesy, unlike mine), I'm just not sure, how it will be able to beat the final fight with the current movesets and lineup. I'll let you experience the final fight for yourself, but it's a nut puncher, I'll say that much. If you want some hints on it, but don't want to resort to my team, just ask.

Nut puncher is an apt description. I made it to number 25 with that team, making me confident in being able to repeat that kind of success. But then number 25 ruins it, easily. I'm not big on cheese/troll strategy, but it feels like that's the only way to nerf at least
    Spoiler:
    . That's lame, but I'm not surprised. And the switching thing you mentioned doesn't apply to number 25. For some reason his lead sometimes switches, which helped me to an extent.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Nut puncher is an apt description. I made it to number 25 with that team, making me confident in being able to repeat that kind of success. But then number 25 ruins it, easily. I'm not big on cheese/troll strategy, but it feels like that's the only way to nerf at least
    Spoiler:
    . That's lame, but I'm not surprised. And the switching thing you mentioned doesn't apply to number 25. For some reason his lead sometimes switches, which helped me to an extent.

Well, now I feel bad about myself :(
    I mean it can be wroked around and it can be fairly beaten, but yeah, I admit. Doing the battle the first time feels way too unfair.
    FUN FACT: The
    Spoiler:
    had Belly Drum instead of Swords Dance originally.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Alright, I may not have to change my team for number 25. I got Charm on Amayzee Dayzee to help against
    Spoiler:
    . If not for Body Slam paralysis on Metal Gear Ray, I probably would've had more of a sweep. The run ended by that tanky troll
    Spoiler:

Now that I think about it, this team is what someone who thinks it's the kind SinisterHoodedFigure makes, when he doesn't, at all. Like tapping into the most BS aspects of his sets and reinterpreting it. I don't mean it as an insult, by the way. Beating this bastard will make me feel good.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Is there a TM/HM compatibility list somewhere or one that can be made? There's one for levelup moves, sure, but not for the other moves.

Also, I know that Explosion Nuke halves Defense, but does Self-Destruct still do that as well?

Regardless of the answers to these questions, this is definitely pretty enjoyable, even if the balance of some things is a bit... weird.
    just go and use save states to catch an amayze dayzee the second you can and watch the entirety of the game just fall apart

Hey, sorry for not answering earlier. I was too occupied with SevenChurches's conversation to notice your reply. Sorry

-There is no list of TM/HM compatibilty as of now. I don't really have plans for it, since TMs can easily be checked in game by simply... selecting the TM and seeing your party and who can learn it

-Nuke and Selfdestruct both halve defense, yes.

-Well, by that mentality, Metronome is the most broken move in that game, because you can get any move you need at the moment using savestates. Also, HG/SS then may have the same balance issue, since you can get the Master Ball before the 3rd Gym and a level 40 legendary before the 4th Gym. Obviously, using savestates can ruin the balance of the game. I will agree with you tho, the balance can be weird in this hack :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I finally beat the Trainer Tower without using save states. To be specific, I would use a save state before match 25. I did beat number 25 a couple of times, whether it be my first successful team, or my current one. Essentially the victories previous to this were testing ground for the best possible strategy. It counts the most when done in a clean 25-match run with no save scumming. It helps that I know number 25's team and the specific AI tendencies. First, my slightly changed team.

Bubble Blooper (Drizzle): Octazooka, Ice Beam, Water Spout, Mirror Coat. Holding Berry Dew

Metal Gear Ray (Swift Swim): Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Crabhammer, Iron Head Choice Band

Wisp (Levtitate): Thunder, Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Thunder Wave. Berry Dew

Metal Gear Rex (Sturdy): Earthquake, Iron Head, Selfdestruct, and Counter

Amazy Dayzee (Natural Cure): Charm, Giga Drain, Tri Attack, Aura Sphere. Holding Berry Dew

SDG Dragon (Levitate): Thunder, Bubblestorm, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse. Berry Dew

I'll describe how I beat number 25.

Spoiler:

I've already gotten a tiny glimpse at the "final final" challenge after this, and I'm not thrilled about it. I don't feel good winning legitimately. However, I had free time, no streamers to watch for the 2nd half of my day, and I buckled down in separate periods of time to try and win this legitimately. After beating number 25, I just threw my hands up and sighed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    OH YEAH!

Spoiler:

I cheesed, you basically gave free reign to fight fire with fire. Of course I couldn't mimic that busted team, so instead I made a Baton Pass team.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    OH YEAH!
    I cheesed, you basically gave free reign to fight fire with fire. Of course I couldn't mimic that busted team, so instead I made a Baton Pass team.

Yeah, defnitely not super duper hellishly hard when you get down to it. Since the Trainer Tower practically got you used to swapping your team around, the player shouldn't really have a problem with changing it for this battle as well.
    Here's my strat (if I fully remember it correctly):
    Spoiler:

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I do have a question. Where can you be able to find fire stones?

You are able to find one on Mt. Ember.

Otherwise, you can find Fire Stones on some wild Pokemon, which you can get either by catching them or using the move "Thief" on them.
    The wild Pokemon that have a chance of holding a Fire Stone are:
    Spoiler:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hey, just curious but if this is complete, shouldn't it be moved out of the progressing rom hacks

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Is Phantom catchable in the 1st encounter in Mt. Moon?
    and where is the master ball then?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Not to complain but wouldnt it make more sense for the bob-omb line to be steel types?With Bob-Omb being steel, then Chuckya as Steel-Fighting, and King Bob-Omb Steel and Fire?

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Not to complain but wouldnt it make more sense for the bob-omb line to be steel types?With Bob-Omb being steel, then Chuckya as Steel-Fighting, and King Bob-Omb Steel and Fire?

It's more up to prefference, isn't it? Also there is a lot of steel types in the hack as it is.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2022
    Hey all really enjoying the game so far. I feel dumb though, how can I get back to the islands after I become the champion to continue the story?

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Hey all really enjoying the game so far. I feel dumb though, how can I get back to the islands after I become the champion to continue the story?

Lol, that's just a fire red feature, not really the hack thing. No biggie.

Go to the vermilion city and to the place where you would enter S.S. Anne (before it left, of course). This place will now transport you to the islands.

Back