• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SmashMyWii

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Okay, this isn't really suppose to be an advertisement, so sorry if it seems like one... ><;;

But theres a website (smashmywii.com) where a group of boys use website donations to buy game systems, and then smash them infront of a crowd.

They've done it with multiple systems, and I found them really amusing... but it was sorta sad to see the systems getting pwned... ^^;;

I was wondering if anyone else on here had come across them?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    lol Yeah... the 360 was really amusing... they had the video of it that was like...30 minutes long. xD

I actually watched it all.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yeah, I've heard of them. I very much dislike them. Even if it was the Wii, I'd still be ticked if it was the PS3 or anything else.

All the people who desperately wanted one, but didn't get one. And instead you have these clowns destroying them.

So many sick kids in hospitals who would love to play a Wii or PS3 this holiday season and you have these guys destroying system. If they're buying so many anyway why not donate them or leave them for others to buy?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • Okay what the heck? this was the most retarted thing i've ever seen. All those poor people waiting in line to get a WII, and then this idiot comes and buys one and starts beating the crap out of it! I mean if you don't want one then they shouldn't have been there in the first place, Or they could even have given it to some random kid, anything would have been better than that.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Those baka's destroyed a Wii! ;0; Waste of money, waste of time, and a waste of an innocent Wii. They could of gave it to a sweetie or some other kid, or even donated it, but they had to destroy one to anger a lot of people who were waiting in line.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I mean, I took it as a joke, because they were going to buy some other ones for themselves later... but it is true that they could've given it to some sick child in the hospital who wanted one... x__x or me.. xD

Still, they did it for their site, because thats the point of the entire website.. to be first in line, buy one with website donations, and then smash them. oO

...I'm sorta wondering why the site is so popular. I did semi-laugh when I watched them... but my main thought was along the lines of '....How could they waste a game system like that?'

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I'm sorta wondering why the site is so popular.

Anti-fanboys. Smashing a PS3 appeals to Anti-Sonys and so on. Of course, at some point they'll see the other vids and start leaving the website...

Years
  • Okay what the heck? this was the most retarted thing i've ever seen. All those poor people waiting in line to get a WII, and then this idiot comes and buys one and starts beating the crap out of it! I mean if you don't want one then they shouldn't have been there in the first place, Or they could even have given it to some random kid, anything would have been better than that.

It can't happen unless people donate, so techincally, if it was a stupid as your making it out to be. It wouldn't work at all because nobody would give their money, also I've seen much more retarded things on the internet and IRL.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • This is pointless. I hate all these sites! People wait in line overnight to get these things, and they just destroy them?

Hey, the Wii actually survived for a while. Not quite as durable as the Gamecube though.

I'd like to see them try to destroy a Wiimote though. It would last quite a while, and it's not very hard to find. Not to mention cheap.

Years
  • I think it's being an idiot on some part to tell the truth. I mean I don't really care as long as it isn't mine that they are smashing. It just kind of sucks that they do it in front of people who really want them. Like the PS3 video where people were waiting in line for days and someone just smashes it in front of them. =\

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I do like the part at the end where the guy says "They should go die in a fire". Because, I agree. This is pretty sick, even more so because I don't got a Wii yet. So I watched one just get smashed apart because a bunch of losers want 15 mins of fame. If they wanted to do this 6 months down the road when there's enough Wiis to go around then that'd make it a little better. But what if there wasn't enough Wiis to go around at that store? One person might have walked away without a Wii because some losers got one before him just to smash it.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    That is just wrong, even though it's supposed to be a joke, it was still wrong. Why would you even do that? That's just a waste of time and money, and a Wii, to do something like that. Alot of people were there waiting to get a Wii, and two idiots smash one in front of their faces. I seen a kid's upset expression on the video. Lol at "they should go die in a fire", though. They done this to all three next gen consoles, and also to ipods. It does suck to be one of those people to wait in line or to camp out at a store for a very long time, and to see people like that buy one and smash it in front of your face.

Years
  • That is just wrong, even though it's supposed to be a joke, it was still wrong. Why would you even do that? That's just a waste of time and money, and a Wii, to do something like that. Alot of people were there waiting to get a Wii, and two idiots smash one in front of their faces. I seen a kid's upset expression on the video. Lol at "they should go die in a fire", though. They done this to all three next gen consoles, and also to ipods. It does suck to be one of those people to wait in line or to camp out at a store for a very long time, and to see people like that buy one and smash it in front of your face.

It all relies on donations, its all a random idea, if it was so sick and wrong then nobody would pay to see it smashed, and theres nothing wrong with buying a console and doing what you want with it and where you do it.

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
  • Wish I could watch the video, but I can't and I bet it was funny in a way.

They should've given the Wii to someone and not destroy it.

I guess it's their way of getting attention.

I wonder if they ever smashed a PSP and a DS/DS Lite.

Years
  • This doesn't really affect me that much, (Mainly because I have a Wii already.) but it is stupid and pointless to smash a perfectly good Wii. I could understand if it was a broken one, but it was probably a working unit. (I have not seen the video, though.)

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
  • Well, They did Pay for it, so I say let them do whatever the heck they want to it. Sure, some of you may not like it, but that is only because you are sore for not being able to get a Wii. My pint...Deal with it!, they choose to do this to Their property, after all. It's not like they broke into your house and stole you console.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Opal Pikachu13 said:
    That's just a waste of time and money...

xD Thats what I thought when I watched the first one...
    I was all 'Who would wait that long just to have it for 5 minutes, and smash it in like...2? ... x___x

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2006
    hmph peolpe standing in line to buy ans smash the most expensive gaming systems, wheres that get fun? plus others wanted them! like me!!!

Back