• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smogon's Forum Invitational

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Kevin Garrett said:
Smogon's Forum Invitational

Welcome to Smogon's Forum Invitational tournament! Smogon is opening the doors to other sites by sponsoring an invite-only tournament for the biggest Pokemon battling communities. This has been a highly anticipated event that has slowly garnered support over the years. Now the biggest sites will get what they have been hoping for -- the opportunity to come together and battle against all the best known competitive Pokemon sites!

Introduction

This tournament will be DPP OU. Each of the eight website that has been invited to compete will have a representative. The representatives will be in charge of appointing a team captain and coming up with a system for selecting a roster. Rosters will consist of eight (8) players and two (2) substitutes. Each round sites will face off against another site in a single elimination style. In the event of a tie, the team captain will select who will play the tiebreaker. The representatives from each site are responsible for posting the necessary threads on their forums. Each participating forum may have their own thread dedicated to this tournament, but all results are to be officially posted on Smogon for the sake of organization. It is wise to save the logs in case of a discrepancy.

Specific Rules
  • In order to be elligible to join a site's roster, you must have a join date of at least 4 months prior to the date of this post in addition to at least 40 posts. You cannot be banned.
  • You are only allowed to apply to join one site's team. If it is discovered that you applied to more than one site's team you will be unable to participate. Choose the site you wish to join wisely!
  • Substitutes may replace anyone throughout the tournament. Teams will be allowed to replace the substitute with the starting player later in the tournament. They are not permanent.
  • Battles should be conducted on Pokemon Online. Shoddy Battle is an acceptable alternative if both players agree to use it.
  • Be a good sport. This is meant to be a fun and competitive experience. Cheer on your site and act graciously in victory or defeat.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. The tier list can be found here.

Participating Websites

Smogon
Earthworm C
Kevin Garrett C
Smogon's thread

GameFAQs
Philip7086 C

GameFAQs' Thread

Marriland
Delta2777
Iconic
Legendary_07
Krack
Stone_Cold C

PokeBeach
gamercal C
Pride C

PokeBeach's Thread

PokeCommunity
Dark Azelf C

PokeFans
DarkLucario C

PokemonOnline
kokoloko C

PokemonOnline's Thread

Serebii
Archangel C

We will do tryouts also, but i do know the basic outline of the team, however that CAN and will be changed if you impress me during tryouts. Please bear in mind that this IS gen 4 so i suggest you practise alot before hand and yes i know "we are all rusty at gen 4" lol.

Also id be cool if you told me why you deserve a tryout, i.e post your ladder ranking, accomplishments and impress me. :]

Also who'd like to help with tryouts ? Obv you'd need the logs to PM back to me and we'll discuss candidates. ^^

TL;DR who wants in ?

Lineup so far:

Dark Azelf
Wolf
Scizor007
BlaQk
Opposite Day
Skip Shot

(Liable to change)

Members to try out

Jake
Aura
Vrai
Gamer
Ninja Caterpie
Syndrome

(This is because you are A. Either not active battling wise B. I haven't battled you. C I haven't seen you gen 4 so gen those tryouts done.)

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Damn, a lot of forums are participating o.o

In obviously, I had a string of pretty good teams towards the end of DPP and it'll be nice to put them to use one more time. I'll be sure to brush up beforehand.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm available to try out and stuff. :>

Also, noting that there are 8 total squads, is this going to be like a forum vs forum elimination tourney?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
umm... is this wifi or pokemon online ?
cause it sounds fun :)
....but i'd probably suck :\

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I'm down for tryouts and being a part of the team, I had some decent teams from last gen that I can whip back up into shape. Depending on dates I may just have to be a subHave
Oh reasoning to pick me:
- OU Doubles Gen 4 Tourney Winner Twice (once with a victory over smogon's Eric The Espeon)
- Tied for 4th/5th in the PC Get-Together Shoddy Free-For-All
- Semifinalist in 5 PO Gen 4 Standard Tourneys
- Runner-Up in 2 PO Gen 4 Standard Tourneys

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Pokémon Online, since KG's post is in the non-Wi-Fi forum.

Kevin even says PO in his letter, lol.

Anyway, you can add me if you want. You kinda know what I can do.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
In I suppose. Break in 3 days anyways so I have a crapton more time =D

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years

WHY TO CHOOSE ME:
- top ladder ranking: ass. BUT!
- Once beat DA when he used subpunch bliss
- I'll log every battle and thusly boost activity and make my own battle logs subforum
- not using scarf ditto

oh, I can brag of reaching #9 on Po's uu ladder , but... erm, even if you count that as an accomplisment, this tourney is OU lol

TL;DR, I'm in. Will tryout if you need me to.

Last edited:

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
I might try out,but sadly don't have too much too brag about,other than beating elf a few times (WITHOUT subpunch blissey lol oppo),and getting "near" to the top 10 of Smogon and TeamUber server before both of them collapsed :(
Also got to #4 on a server whose name I forgot lol(GTS i think).

Btw how exactly are these "tryouts" going to take place?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I might try out,but sadly don't have too much too brag about,other than beating elf a few times (WITHOUT subpunch blissey lol oppo),and getting "near" to the top 10 of Smogon and TeamUber server before both of them collapsed :(
Also got to #4 on a server whose name I forgot lol(GTS i think).

Btw how exactly are these "tryouts" going to take place?

With hax more often or not or something dumb happening. -_-

And they are taking place on the PO server so basically just hit me or one of the other tryout people up if you want on. Though i already know you're good enough so yeah.

EDIT:

Put a list of people in so far in OP.

Some people need to do tryout still though.

Last edited:

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
i cant be part of the team cause A-i dont have the time T.T B-still building my team

ANW i LOVE the idea and would like to help for the try-out!!!!

Oh and just so you know im pro at 3rd GEN i dont use pokemon from diamon and perl :P

nm legend

Years
aww man it had to be know....... i have no time to put the rest of my team together for battle.....well watever maybe next time......becuase i am the self proclaimed "sleeper/ secret weapon" of this site and i will be unleashing losing streaks upon all of you eventually (like in two- four months)

Back