• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sms donation

Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Personally, I wouldn't use it, because I can donate through Paypal, and I already have.

However, it would open up donation accessibility to a lot more people and make it easier in a sence.
So I am for this =]

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
Years
SMS Messaging may not work, as it would charge more to donate if you are not from the country its based in.....

Also, that link is to a U.K. message System (Brittania rules the waves :))

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
I'm sure services could be set up for different continents..

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I love the idea!!!I have some problems with donations :(.
Its great!!I'd love to donate with an msn.

Who is stupid enough to vote "No" in the poll?

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
So why not use Surfpin? Or Allopass like I said on the previous page?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
So it would be available for

PaybySMS and PaybyPhone solutions are currently available in:
GB UK FI Finland
IE Ireland NO Norway
FR France US USA
DE Germany CA Canada
AT Austria AU Australia
CH Switzerland NZ New Zealand
SE Sweden NL Netherlands
BE Belgium FR France
RU Russia DE Denmark
SP Spain IT Italy
CR Czech Republic HU Hungary
SK Argentina SK Chile
CR Brazil HU Venezuela
SK Mexico SK Portugal
CR Luxembourg HU Poland
SK Romania SK Lithuania
CR Estonia HU Turkey
SK Singapore

I guess that's perfect then. But if you installed it once, there should be a thread explaining everything ;)

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Did you email a question or did you email asking to sign up? :P
Oh, try this site. The video on it explains really well.

Rukario

Banned
Years
hmmm..
Still not powerful enough - we need a solution that integrates with vB OR one that can generate an email notice when someone donates through sms/phone.. unless, of course, you guys want to donate and not get the perks that go with it :P

edit: ok we set up a beta test sms/txt donation thingy.. can't say if its gonna work, but it's here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=page&template=supporters) on the advanced supporters info page.. currently supported countries include: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. USA is still pending due to the backend provider looking for a better deal.

test and comments on it.. (don't forget to use your PC username in the name or comments field)

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Steve, I will test it tomorrow after I got some money on my mobile ;)

I hope it will work, otherwhise 4,99€ are gone just so. BTW when does it ask me for any name? If I click SMS, it just says I shall send ZAY 0000 (the 0000 is just an example of the 4digit number I shall send) to the phone number given. Do I get a message back where I have to send a message again or what?

Rukario

Banned
Years
no idea
when setting this up, it had a name and comments radio button.. I have no real way of testing it.. (its currently not active in the USA) nor have any REAL idea what all it asks the mobile user for. That's why I said (asked) you all test it and comment on it.. run through the process and see what it presents you.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Ahh well I see so it's currently very risky to use it without knowing exactly what happens. I will google around and look for an explanation on what comes after I've sent the message.
Because I don't wanna waste my money, I wanna donate it, but I don't want to throw it away^^

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can add messages to text messages so I'm gonna give it a try in the hope to be PC's first mobile donator xD

EDIT - Well I sent my text off with my username included and it came back saying my text was succesful. So there should be a text with my username in it (:
I can't wait to be in tier 1 :D

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
Years
It didn't include anything 'extra' my notice just said:
You have received a payment through a payalogue for which you've enabled reporting by email.
The most important details about this payment are as follows:

payalogue: PC Tier 1 Donation (sms)
payment id: 2722xxxx
amount: £ 5,00
created at: 01 Jun 2009 07:29
paid at: 01 Jun 2009 07:31
so, yeah.. its still beta for us, so we still gotta work out the kinks.. so if you use the sms to donate, try to remember what time it was.. then PM me with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back