• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So far, HeartGold and SoulSilver seem horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Excuse me, but I'm not the one whining here. I have not once complained about the remakes. I like the names and everything they have showed so far. It's irritating that everyone is insulting the new girl just because she's not Marina/Kris. These people need to get over it. If they miss her so much go to gamestop or whatever and get the game for $12. I'm satisfied and thankful that Nintendo is making this game. Most kids these days are so spoiled and they get upset over something just because it's not the way they want it. Too bad, Nintendo makes the rules. They do what they want. We're lucky that Japan is even letting us get these games. They could just keep it in Japan and not let us have it, but they are being nice and letting us get these games.

My post was directed at Master_Z and the legion of "HG/SS SUX" people.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    A few things.

1. The games haven't even had much info leaked, if any.

2. No bike? Have you never played a Pokemon game before? Bikes come later.

3. No PokeGear? They woudn't do that. The PokeGear may be worn on the wrist.

4. Headbutt will probably be in also, but maybe as a Honey alternative yeilding different pokemon.

5. I demand a source for all of your complaints. If a game isn't turning out your way, don't throw a troll fit.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    this is a goddamn pokemon game, isnt that enough?

i think anything aside from Pokemon Pinball, and the RPGS are great.

stuff like Mystery Dungeon absolutely sucked BALLS

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I couldn't agree more with some of you guys.

You have only just got a little bit of news. There are more to come and you have to slow down on the predictions and have patience while you wait to hear more news.

Years
  • My post was directed at Master_Z and the legion of "HG/SS SUX" people.

Okay. I just wanted people to know that I have no problem with these games. You are so right with your post. ^_^

If people are going to constantly complain about pokemon, then don't play it. You're not forced to play pokemon. You can play any pokemon game you want. There's a lot to choose from. I'd recommend that you all at least give this game a chance before choosing to not like it. You'll probably like it regardless of the changes. Now, I've read that there will be a use of a skateboard. I know some are already against it, *rolls eyes* but just try it. If you don't like it, play another game that has the bike.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • .. Seriously? If you want to play Gold or Silver in 2010, just go play Gold or Silver in 2010. These games are remakes, and they're supposed to play a little differently.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    damn, the game was just announced and now seems like everyone had beaten the entire game and know everything about it.....

where did you get this info?? all i seen is the logo and a screenshot which seems like its from the beginning so obviously it wont have a bike

let the game be released and then complain your azzes off ok? for now just be happy they are making this remake, and if you arent, then just dont get it and go on with your life

side note: i welcome all the new additions that will be in the game due to it making it more exciting and up-to-date. a all out remake will not cut it in todays time specially after platinum

Years
  • I have no clue where you're getting this info from.

The only thing confirmed is that the female trainer is someone different from Kris/Marina. While this is mildly disappointing, beggars can't be choosers, and a remake that isn't 100% to your specification is better than no remake at all.

And I know the way GF make their games. These games WILL be true to the originals in the ways that count. This I trust.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Haha, I don't agree with you at all. THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME!! Plus, they've NEVER not had the bike! It's gonna stay! And I'm pretty sure PokeGear will too

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • I think it's a little too early for you to complain about the game.

I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the game is barely made, and people complain about how much things they have taken out of the original. Alos, every generation of Pokémon has had a bike, so I doubt Nintendo would take it out and not tell us that. Whoever said that, is just plain retarded!

So far, I like the new games, and I don't even remember who Kris is. Kris, as in, Krystal? Anyways, just stop complaining and wait until there's another issue of CoroCoro that gives us more detail.
    My words exactly. We haven't even learned much about the game and already everybody is complaining? What happened to the "OMG if they ever make a remake of Gold and Silver I will so buy it, no matter what!" It's not going to be EXACTLY like the original. So the sooner people accept this, the better.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I agree with a few of you saying to hold the prejudice until the game is released; But seriously... There is no need to jump someone's ass just because they're opinion might be a little antithetical to yours. Grow up.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I agree with a few of you saying to hold the prejudice until the game is released; But seriously... There is no need to jump someone's ass just because they're opinion might be a little antithetical to yours. Grow up.

It's not because he/she has a different opinion, it's merely because he/she is making blind and very judgemental assumptions about a game we barely even know about.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • :cer_pissed: Here we go...

I normally don't talk to members of PC like this, but Master_Z, people like you who constantly complain about everything instead waiting to see how things go first is the reason why this fanbase is turning to crap.

Almost everyone spends 5 years hoping for remakes and GameFreak finally delivers. And what's the reactions? "NO!!! THERE NOT DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY!!!!"

If you like Crystal so much that you now find the remakes horrible, then go download a Crystal ROM and play that. If you don't want to do that, then kindly, don't bother posting complaints that everyone has been hearing since this morning.

Remember, GameFreak didn't have to do this. As long as the same core feel of G/S/C is in HGSS, then they've done their job. As far as I'm concerned, I accept Crystal's new redesign with open arms.

I know! Do people know how long most of the Pokemon fanbase have had to fight for GSDS to even exist? I mean, we technically don't even need it; all pre-DPPt Pokemon (except Celebi in the US and Arceus) are currently all available in some form or another, despite the hassles and rarity of some Pokemon. Nintendo/Game Freak don't have to do this, but luckily, they have decided to release a remake of a treasured game for modern times. Would people be freaking patient for ONCE in their lives?! Wait until more info comes out at least, instead of producing all of this premature judgment/immature whining.

This is NOT a remake of Crystal, so if you want Kris so badly go get Crystal and sit down and be quiet. Kris wasn't in the original Gold/Silver. Yes neither was this girl, but that's why the introduce her. Be happy with what you get, they could just not have a girl like the original.

Wait until the games are actually released before you decide all this information is 100% current.

Also true. People should learn to be grateful that this game even has the chance to come to fruition by Game Freak and Nintendo. To the whiners: would you rather have Nintendo release a DS-revamped GSDS game or a DS Pokemon game with very crappy graphics where all you take is one step into a patch of grass, encounter an unfinished sprite, and the game is instantly over? I sure know what I'd like to play.

Excuse me, but I'm not the one whining here. I have not once complained about the remakes. I like the names and everything they have showed so far. It's irritating that everyone is insulting the new girl just because she's not Marina/Kris. These people need to get over it. If they miss her so much go to gamestop or whatever and get the game for $12. I'm satisfied and thankful that Nintendo is making this game. Most kids these days are so spoiled and they get upset over something just because it's not the way they want it. Too bad, Nintendo makes the rules. They do what they want. We're lucky that Japan is even letting us get these games. They could just keep it in Japan and not let us have it, but they are being nice and letting us have the remakes that we've all wanted.

Very true. Give new people a chance, whiners. Some people need to stop acting like spoiled brats and be grateful for what they get. I'm actually grateful that Nintendo and Game Freak exist, and that Satoshi Tajiri was driven to create such an awesome franchise. If he didn't, we wouldn't have any whiners, sure, but we also would not be able to bask in the positive areas of Pokemon, and enjoy the fun it has to offer.
    Lastly, I'm also thankful that the Japanese-based companies are actually willing and generous enough to share the masterpieces of Pokemon to the world by exporting them to various countries.

Really the only thing we can confirm is that Kris dyed her hair

That's true. Wait for more info, whiners.

At this rate (with all this whining), Nintendo and Game Freak could just halt production of HG/SS, since all these stupid whiners can't say a simple "Thank You" for Nintendo announcing that they will at least produce a remake. I am actually stoked for HeartGold and SoulSilver, since Nintendo and Game Freak are making games that let me partake in the Johto experience (in game format) for the first time ever.

In conclusion, my answer to the thread title is: No, the game is not horrible so far, but rather, it's incredible. Enough wasting my energy in this virtually unnecessary complaint. I'm going to go revel with the wonders of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver versions, and actually appreciate the gift that Pokemon fans have been given. At this rate, yes, HG/SS WILL be GREAT games.

(By the way, my post's aimed at ungrateful, impatient, and/or whining people who are annoying the heck out of a lot of people.)

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    ok, so in the words of LP i think-
    there should really be a complaining thread- one meant for complaining- we could all ignore said thread and let the whiners live life on the computer bashing a game, a GAME.... while we go our marry ole' way

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    They were just released! ._. Play the original Gold and Silver if you don't want any changes at all! >_>

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    wait, wait, wait, wait- these guys are aloud to have horrible opinions- but no one else wants to hear them right? so why not just not post on these sorta threads, let them be sent to the bottom of the list for a month, and then get it locked?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    You don't like them 'so far'? 'So far', they have reveled nothing of signifigance. I didn't know after watching a 5 second gameplay video you could hate something so much. How do you know they won't have the bike anymore? Because a website said so? Guess what, some websites also said the game was going to be gold Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver. Look what happened.

I love how people jump to conclusions because a website said something. [sarcasm] Websites are always 100% correct [/sarcasm]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back