• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    Is it going to be like the original games? Level 40 for Ho-oh and Level 70 for Lugia (If you got Gold).

You can get both Pokemon in both versions.
    The Pokemon "maskot" of your version can be met at lvl 45. I don't know about the other though.

Talesplayer

Breeder in Training/Guardia
    Years
    im going for soul silver. i originally played crystal, but i like lugia much better than ho-oh. plus my brother would probably like heart gold more.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    SoulSilver was my first guess. Especially for having Silver and Crystal on the GBC, which is probably begging me to go to repairs. <.<

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    SoulSilver, definitely. I owned all three games back when they came out, but for no apparent reason Silver was my favorite. I guess it had something to do with the color, or that Lugia is one of my favorite legendaries, but for whatever reason I never even beat the other two. The fact that the pre-order comes with that beautiful Lugia figurine is a huge bonus, even though I'm not pre-ordering it. Let's face it, the majority of the game is all text, I couldn't enjoy it if I didn't understand. So to eBay we go. xD

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
    Years
    When i was a kid, i wanted gold. Who didn't? But, the KB Toys by my house was sold out of gold, so i was forced to get silver, and i was sad. And then i got Lugia. Now i want silver again because Lugia is amazing.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    HG, I always pick the first one in list/the one the male hero's named after/the fire one.
    Red, Gold, Ruby, Fire Red, Diamond etc.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    I'm going to choose Soul Silver because I want to obtain Groudon which is one of my favorite Legendaries, also I want to use a Phanphy-Donphan in my party.
    Hopefully i will get HG eventually so that I can play throught the game as many times as I want.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Not so sure.. but.. why does the remakes have those bad names?
    Btw, hearts are RED. while souls are... white?

But.. i would like a crystal remake.
    i think its for this reason:heart of gold and a silver soul or somthin'

the real reason there not making crystal remake is because the crystal things will be in there (well most of 'em

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    the pre order gifts are a figurine of ho-oh lugia or if u pre-order both (get ready for this) ARCEUS!!!!!!!

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Definitely HeartGold. I had gold back in the day, so I'll continue the legacy. And plus I always get the "first" version (i.e. Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond).

the pre order gifts are a figurine of ho-oh lugia or if u pre-order both (get ready for this) ARCEUS!!!!!!!
    Although I would like an Arceus, I wouldn't buy both games. Maybe I could get a hook-up from my friends like I usually do. ;)

Last edited:

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I'll probably get both like I always do, but I'm buying HeartGold first, because I played Silver on GBC and want to switch things up a bit.

atre05

^SPRITER^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    I think I'm getting Heart Gold. My first game ever was Crystal, which is pretty much the same as Gold. I want HG because it's name sounds better to me. It gives me a feeling of wanting to buy it.

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
    I personally am going to get HG, later I may get SS.
    But Gold was the one I got back in the day.
    I think most people are going to get the game they got from the origanals, if any that is.

Back