• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    Soul Silver for me, The original silver version is my favourite one of all time and it's the only one that I managed to 'catch them all' on!

Plus a lower level Lugia for me to mold is far too tempting for me!

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    HeartGold! Even if it names sounds stupid in English, and its logo is lame, but still i'll get it because gold was the first game i ever played, and luckily i'll be able to get a lugia with aeroblast this time!

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    SoulSilver. My brother had Gold, I had Silver. Time to relive the glory days, no?

Umbrachu

Wants a cookie.
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    Most likely SoulSilver. And Lugia on the cover just makes me swoon. :D Lugia FTW!

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
    SoulSilver. For many reasons.

Lugia would probably win in a fight with Ho-oh.

Lugia looks much cooler, personally.

Platinum/Silver has a much better look than Gold, personally. (As in the metals themself)

I'd rather have a soul than a heart. :3

But to be honest I'll probably by both...Silver first though.

Divine~Deoxys

I never had any of Gen I or II games.
    If you ask me, getting both spoils it.

Lugia is cooler than Ho-oH, and silver's a waayyy better colo

Years
    i'm getting heartgold because me and my mate get the opposite game to each other and last time round i got silver so its only fair he gets it this time

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    soul silver cause the only ledgendary pokemon difference is kyogre and groudon and i have emerald so that mens if i have emarld all the ledgendary pokemon together would be 1 lugia 1 ho-oh 1 raikou 1 suicune 1 Entei if i get the arceus event 1 giratina palkia or dialga 2 grodons 1 kyogre 2 rayquazzas 1 of each regi a latias or latios and i think a mew

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Soul Silver because it sounds cooler and lugia looks cooler than Ho-oh which looks like a giant Pidgeot
    And isnt Groundon in silver and Kyogre in gold?

soul silver cause the only ledgendary pokemon difference is kyogre and groudon and i have emerald so that mens if i have emarld all the ledgendary pokemon together would be 1 lugia 1 ho-oh 1 raikou 1 suicune 1 Entei if i get the arceus event 1 giratina palkia or dialga 2 grodons 1 kyogre 2 rayquazzas 1 of each regi a latias or latios and i think a mew

Isnt gold Ho-oh
    and silver Lugia?

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I ordered Soul Silver from Playasia, but I'll probably get both when they come out in America.

Just wondering Japanese HGSS will work on an American DS right? (could someone please answer this)

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
    Hard for me to say. After all... I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh, but I already have a Lugia from XD. Never got the Ho-Oh from Colosseum (which I'm currently attempting). Although I still haven't purified that XD Lugia.

And I need a Kyogre as well, since I already have a Groudon... but I can't find it because my Ruby's lost... such hard choices! x.x

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
    Soul Silver hands down, I really don't like Ho-Oh and I like Groudon more than Kyogre. Although it might be neither if I don't get some money fast, lol!

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    Only played Gold, might as well get Soul Silver since I never had the chance to play Silver :/

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    Yay! More people are buying SoulSilver! Buy it! Buy it I say! So when it comes to trading, the Pokemon I'll be getting in HeartGold will have more worth!

Years
    HeartGold.

It's the one main pokémon game that I never completed. (Got stuck in Ice Cave or something due to prehistoric graphics and when I came to try again the battery had went)

Besides Ho-oh > Lugia.

Back