• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

chyola

Naruto+Hintata= <3~
    Years
    First Pokemon Game I got was Gold so i plan on getting Heart Gold + I want a lvl 70 Lugia=Pwange

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Definitely HeartGold, since Gold was the 2nd Gen game I played. I got Silver too after a while, so I might get SoulSilver later on if I have money to blow, but HeartGold will be my main game. <3

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I think I'm going to get both, but if I have to choose only one, then Soul Silver.
    I also have some catching up to do with Groudon.

Years
    ima prob get Heartgold, since i like Ho-Oh better, and i like the colour gold better XD i also just like the cutscenes and everything. also, i liked the pokemon in Gold better than Silver! but im thinking on egting both, and using one for challenges and runs and stuff like that, while using the other for a full bplay through, and battle frontier after that =D i dont know which ones though D=

chyola

Naruto+Hintata= <3~
    Years
    ima prob get Heartgold, since i like Ho-Oh better, and i like the colour gold better XD i also just like the cutscenes and everything. also, i liked the pokemon in Gold better than Silver! but im thinking on egting both, and using one for challenges and runs and stuff like that, while using the other for a full bplay through, and battle frontier after that =D i dont know which ones though D=

Well in my opinion you should get a friend to get silver and you get gold then check on Google or other web searching websites for duplicating glitch then do it on your ho-ho and other Pokemon you wanna trade and make ur friend do the same thing the trade each other simple as that <3

Like uh both. Why would I get one and not the other?

Just Trade with a friend saves money and u spend more time together <3

Years
    Well in my opinion you should get a friend to get silver and you get gold then check on Google or other web searching websites for duplicating glitch then do it on your ho-ho and other Pokemon you wanna trade and make ur friend do the same thing the trade each other simple as that <3

well, of course my friends are getting it, but i still want both x3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    i picked soulsilver from the list but that is still not my definite choice - either way i can not wait for these games to come out

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
    I'm going to be getting Heart Gold. Pokemon Gold was not only the first Pokemon game I ever played, but it's also the first Game Boy Colour game I ever owned, so it's quite dear to me :D

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Soul Silver. Mainly because I love Lugia, also [I dont know if this is right] Groundon in it instead of Kyogre and it would be good to have him instead of Kyogre because I have sapphire and I'm sort of tired of him.

Also I had Crystal, so its very confusing which one to chose.. but y friend is getting SouSilver so I might get HeartGold... but Lugia is better than Ho-Oh

and as my friend pointed out today on the phone: "IT ALLITERATES! YAY!" XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    On day 1 I will buy Soul Silver and later on I'm going to buy Heart Gold. This is going to be awesome for me. I lost my copy of Silver way back in the sixth grade and I never played a metal generation game again. I think I might even cry a little. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Me, I think I'll buy both just so I can get the Arceus figure and so I can use one as my main one and the second to help fill out my pokedex. If I can't, I'll buy SoulSilver because of my memory of the game. I had gotten strep throat that Christmas and my dad felt so sorry for me that on Christmas Eve, instead of me picking out a gift, he handed me this small gift and I unwrapped it and there Silver was. I knew my dad had expected me to play it for a few hours before passing out, but I started playing it at around 8pm and the next thing I know, my dad was annoyed because it was 3am. The reason why this memory is so important to me is because on December 20, 2008, my dad passed away. So I kinda want to buy SoulSilver to replace my version of Silver which I lost when I moved in 07. (which really ticked me off)

Edit: I mean when they come to the US. Not importing because I'm not that fluent in Japanese yet. (I wanna be tho)

Last edited:
    Years
    SoulSilver. I've always prefered the "Blue" version. You know, the one people always refer to second. Red & Blue, Gold & Silver, Diamond & Pearl, etc.

Plus Lugia > Ho-oh lulz

Back