• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I am getting Heart Gold because I like Ho-oh plus it was the first one I bought of the 2nd gen games and I loved the game. Plus my mate is getting Soul Silver so I know there will be pokemon he can't get on Soul Silver but I can on Heart Gold.

Zidy

Beast Type
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    HeartGold. I had both back in the day, but I played so much Gold, then I lost it. So, I'm really leaning toward HG.

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    Soul Silver first because its the first second generation game I played, but I probably will get Heart Gold as well at some point to be able to get both Kyogre and Groudon, as well as Rayquaza.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Silver won me over woth the initial launch of the 2 titles, and as such I will probably get silver, although I might pick up both eventually and a crystal version if it does come out.

latios09

Super Event Trader
    Years
    Soul silver all the way!!!

Even though u can get lugia in both, Silver has Lugia on the cover. Lugia is OSM!!!

Years
    I'm going with heart gold. In the end it comes down to ho-oh over lugia.
    It also seems that more people are getting silver so I wanna be different.
    I might change my mind though. it depends what particular pokemon are in what versions.

NeonJellytot

Kate the epicly awesome ;D
    Years

Soo Many People Are Goin For Soul Silver!
    One of my first games was gold version
    so I'll proberbly get Heart Gold..anyone agree??
    and plus me and my friend alwas get the opisite
    to each other and shes getting Soul Silver

~Kate

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'll probably get Gold, since Silver was my first. That way I'll have both colors.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    I'm going to get both but the first game I'll get is HeartGold since for some odd reason I have always like Gold more than Silver
    Maybe because I want to get Ho-Oh first

Rain

Years
    I'm getting Heart Gold in English because I originally had Gold.
    I will be getting Soul Silver in Japanese, because I know if I don't buy it, I will end up reading spoilers and I'd rather play through the game myself instead of reading spoilers.
    There is no way that I can avoid Pokecommunity and Serebii for the next six months or so.

Back