• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am going to get Heart Gold because I like the name more than Soul Silver for some reason. Also because of how I have played Gold in the past.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm getting heartgold, because gold is better than silver.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am getting Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Heart Gold for me, and Soul Silver for my brother.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • SoulSilver. I've got Gold and Crystal, so getting SoulSilver will round out my Gen II game trio, in a roundabout way. :D Plus, I now think silver is prettier than gold, and I adore that little Lugia soul-fire-ball logo.

... Hey, they're basically the same game, I can base my decision on logos if I want. XD

I may change my mind when the games are released in Japan and we find out which Pokémon are exclusives to which games, so I can pick the one that has whatever Pokémon I'd rather catch; barring that, though, definitely SoulSilver.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I clicked both. I will be getting Heart Gold for sure, and I will proablay get my younger brother Soul Silver.

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I'm so totally going to get soul silver, just like lynnx said.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Heart Gold first, as Gold version was the first of the Johto games I got, followed by Silver. After Gold, if I love it so much, I'll get the remade Gold version so that I don't have to start over. :)

Years
  • I posted here before i think but i've decided what i'm getting-
    Heart Gold. For reasons i don't quite understand...:
    Lugia > Ho-Oh, IMO.
    I've played all in the past, but Silver most diligently.
    Soul Silver sounds far less cheesy than Heart Gold. (I mean I'll be treated like a tool in GameStop when i go to get Heart Gold- when i got Pearl, the shopkeeper basically peed his pants, because it's all white and pink. I can only imagine what'll happen when i go for a game called ''HeartGold''.
    But i'm still getting it anyways. Just... Because.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I'm getting them both sweeties. X3 In Japanese and English. XD

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Metal Generation if you're not aware, sweeties.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I'm getting them both sweeties. X3 In Japanese and English. XD

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Metal Generation if you're not aware, sweeties.
    This is true dedication, bros.

As for me, I'm undecided.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Simple Answer. I've always gotten the "second" game in the series and where it applies, I also obtained the "Special" game.
    So in order: Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, Pearl, (Planning on getting Platinum) and finally, I plan to get SoulSilver.
    Not sure why I always got the second ones, they always seemed more appealing to me for some unknown reason.
    Granted, I suppose it was the names and/or colours that appealed to me more.
    Silver being my fave colour.

Years
  • Simple Answer. I've always gotten the "second" game in the series and where it applies, I also obtained the "Special" game.
    So in order: Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, Pearl, (Planning on getting Platinum) and finally, I plan to get SoulSilver.
    Not sure why I always got the second ones, they always seemed more appealing to me for some unknown reason.
    Granted, I suppose it was the names and/or colours that appealed to me more.
    Silver being my fave colour.

Haha, I've done the same thing and pretty much for the same reason (except I don't have Pearl/Platinum because I don't have a DS...yet). It was mostly for the colors, and I usually tended to prefer the mascots of the "second" one, as well (although Charizard > Venasaur). I'll probably get SoulSilver because I had Silver version, and because I prefer Lugia.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    when i first got my gameboy color in my birthday, i bought pokemon silver the next day, so i am going with soul silver. for me its kinda batter then gold/heart gold for some reason.

Back