• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
  • I'll be buying both. There is no point in buying only one, even if you prefer one over another. But as a ritual, I always buy both.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I'm getting both. I'll probably use Gold as my main and Silver as my solo/side/challenges/whatever.

Plus Cyndaquil looks better in Gold ;D lol.

Years
  • I was thinking about getting both first with Soul Silver being my primary game since that was the first version I bought when the 2nd generation came out.

After Kyorge was announced to be a Heart Gold exclusive, it made up my mind that I will end up getting both games since I prefer Kyorge over Groudon. Soul Silver is still going to be my primary game though.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Well, I had Pokémon Gold while my sister had Pokémon Silver, but that's not why I'm getting Heartgold. It's really Kyogre that finally decided it, though it was preceded by my revelation that Sacred Fire was a physical move. I thought, "Now it makes sense that Ho-oh has higher Attack! I thought it just sucked!" I also like how the Japanese logo looks.

However, it may be the first time I get both. It has always been a tradition that I get the first version of a set, then the third version (for example: Red and Yellow, Gold and Crystal, Diamond and Platinum). The only discrepancy is that I got Sapphire (and Emerald) instead of Ruby. Again, because of Kyogre.
    However, they'll probably follow FRLG and not make DawnCrystal (lol, that's how I imagine the name). And I somehow ended up getting both Firered and Leafgreen, so who knows? It'll probably all depend on whether or not they come out before my birthday. Then I can ask for them. But then again, I could just ask for money for my birthday, and pre-order Heartgold and Soulsilver to get the Ho-oh, Lugia, and Arceus figurines. Ooooohhhhh, so excited!

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'll be getting both. I can't help but to buy every proper pokemon game that comes out.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I was thinking of SoulSilver but I'm considering HeartGold now. The exclusive Pokemon seem better in HeartGold.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I've been thinking about it and since i first got Gold as my first ever Pokemon game then it's going to be Heart Gold.

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
    Years
  • I'm gonna download a ROM of... possibly Heart gold. when it comes out in japan. and I'll be buying both when they come out in North America. I might just start with Soul Silver first though, get HG later on. But definatly getting both. :D I never played Gold and Silver (CRYSTAL FTW) so I don;t really have anything to base my buy on, I did OWN silver though... Just never played it o.o

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • Definitely getting Heart Gold first, since it was my first 2nd Gen game, and I just like the color. I won't mind some exclusives, I can just buy a used copy of SS somewhere, if there are any.

Back